Realizing

Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hmmm

 

 

 

 

 

*************************************************************************************************

Even with distractions, sometimes we can lose ourselves with a simple thought, in our minds, we can run miles without getting out of place, we can make plans, we can figure out stuff. Jihyo was more than lost, she was tired and lazy, she was worried but... She can't stop thinking about Jeongyeon. Don't blame her, the girl is nice. After that talk with the other, she had to admit that money didn't seen such a big concern so she just wanted to quit her job. That talk made her able to dream again, maybe she just needed a push. That girl made her feel the nostalgic sensation of singing and dreaming, the possibilities were scrambling in her mind. Although it's hard to know if this is something good or bad to do, she felt lighter thinking about someone believing her, besides her current close friends of course, that specific girl was different or at least it felt different. Jihyo was starting to think of a plan; It all starts with her being with enough courage to get out of her bed, it was raining so the mood was so good that she just wanted to sleep. It was Monday so work it's waiting for her but she just wanted to pass away right there, her bangs were getting on her eyes and annoying her, she only got up because she half saw that she still didn't do the laundry, her dirty clothes would start to call for help if she took more time in doing that. Her eyes were heavy, her feet still hurt from the heels she has to wear almost every day, and honestly, she can't take it anymore.

" Good morning" Jihyo greeted Mina that was distracted with her laptop and sat on the couch. Mina closed her laptop quickly and turned to Jihyo.

" Good Morning, there is coffee ready on the table" Mina said seeing that Jihyo was a mess.

" Thank God. You're an angel Mina" Jihyo said going to the kitchen. She saw that Mina had arranged stuff and things seemed cleaner.

' Wow ' Jihyo thought when she saw everything organized.

" I might hire you" Jihyo said getting in the living room while blowing her coffee. Mina just smiled at her.

" Why are you waking so early?" Jihyo asked sitting by her side.

" I couldn't sleep"

" What?"  Jihyo almost choked on her coffee.

" Were you up all night?" 

" Yes... I saw her crying... I had to fix some stuff" Mina said looking down and point at the laptop on her lap.

" Still, you have to take care of yourself" Jihyo said concerned.

" It's alright, I may be able to tell her some things now. I think I've fixed part of the problem so, it's fine" Mina said looking at her, Jihyo could finally see the dark marks below her eyes.

" If you say so... Don't let her see you like this" Jihyo said drinking her coffee.

" I will finally finish things and go to sleep... If she wants me there..." Mina said pouting.

" She wants, believe me" Jihyo said getting up, she remembered she has to be quick to work.

" Good luck on work" Mina said before turning to her laptop again.

" Thank you" Jihyo said sprinting to get ready.

Mina wasn't the kind person that liked to keep secrets, sure she sometimes could be pictured as a cold person or as blunt, even as scary but, she hated to tell Nayeon that everything was fine and that is nothing to worry about. Her past is going back to her, it wasn't unexpected, it was like she was waiting for it but being prepared is a different matter. She had to keep everything from Nayeon for her own safety, for their own safety, illegal things are complicated and knowing too much can get you killed. That is what Mina is trying to avoid. In short, her father is the reason behind her sudden departures to other countries, usually Japan. Her family is deeply involved with illegal dealings with most of criminals, all of her wealth came from that but no one knows about it -obviously-, not even her own girlfriend, it wasn't a subject a person suddenly brings up. Some deals by her father went wrong and now he is being pursued. He is making her chase him in a way, since he is involved with really dangerous people and dragged Mina along, like his last resource. He is afraid to die like a coward with his problems and Mina is the one handling deals with all the people she knows, since she was dragged to stuff like that since young, to get him out of his mess. She can't be mad at him though, he is her father and she will always help family. But Nayeon is her everything, so she just wants it to end, all the chasing, all the excuses, problems and suddenly disappearances that makes her feel awful. The e-mails she sent are untraceable, she quickly wanted to solve it and stood up all night gathering info and finding resources to end the chasing, it already lasted months with that gathering, she is finally being able to get things over with even with her head hurting from thinking and the lack of sleep. The last e-mail she sent before Jihyo greeted her that morning was the decisive of the destiny, if it wasn't a positive answer, she would have to leave again and she was sure that her relationship would be doomed.

' Please God help me ' She thought after sent the email. It might take time to get the reply so she decided to sleep.

Her eyes sparkled in pain when she got up from the couch, her legs were sore, her head throbbing, her back cracking. Mina looked so tired and stressed, her movements were kind of unsure but she was certainly getting in her room, their room. She opened the door and adjusted her eyes just to see Nayeon spread on the bed mumbling things while sleeping.

' Cute ' She thought while Nayeon shifted to bury her head on a pillow.

Gladly, the room was kind of clear since it was morning already, she could see almost clearly because of the sunlight peppering through the curtains of the room. Mina walked with light steps to find clean clothes to wear, she picked them up and saw Nayeon shift in her place again, maybe she was being too noisy. She started to take of her clothes from down to up but, when she finished in taking of her shirt, her hand bumped into the furniture and made a huge noise, she loosened her grip on the clean shirt and lost it out of sight.

' Damn it ' She thought turning to see if Nayeon woke, and indeed, she was with her eyes slightly open looking at a half- Mina in front of her.

" What are you doing?" Nayeon asked rubbing her eyes. Mina walked and switched the lights on to try to find the shirt. Nayeon groaned.

" Babe, come to sleep" Nayeon whined.

" Wait" Mina said with her tired voice. Nayeon stopped rubbing her eyes and gave a full view at Mina, she saw the girl picking up a shirt on the floor and wearing it. But then, she stared at Mina's face, her hair was a mess and she had black marks around her eyes, to say in short, she looked exhausted.

" Did you sleep?"  Nayeon said serious. Mina hummed, kind of trying to avoid the question.

" Come here" Nayeon said opening her arms.

Mina walked lazily up to the bed, feeling her body quit, she laid her head near Nayeon's neck trying to avoid the other's eyes from scanning her state too much, because if she started thinking about why her girlfriend didn't sleep, Mina would probably be in trouble to give proper answers. Still, she wasn't slow so, feeling the urge to ask the girl a lot of questions, Nayeon felt Mina sigh and held her closer, she tried to push aside her doubts and placed a kiss on Mina's forehead. Times like that made her able to forget why she is passing all those problems with her girlfriend or why their relationship is slowly tearing apart, both of them felt lighter being with each other without arguing at once. Nayeon still had her thoughts of worry about the younger not wanting to tell things to her so when she felt Mina adjust her body comfortably hugging her waist, she put Mina's hair aside and looked into her eyes.

" I know you're tired but don't avoid this, tell me what's wrong" Nayeon said softly, that made Mina hardly close her eyes, she was starting to get dizzy and her mind was cracking up.

" Don't worry. I will fix it" Mina mumbled.

Nayeon felt the rage again, even if she didn't want to feel that right at the moment she had Mina on her arms.

" I just want you to trust me" Nayeon said serious.

" You have no idea how much I trust you" Mina held her tightly.

Nayeon let a sharp breath, she looked at Mina and saw that it didn't feel right to talk with the girl like that, in that state.

" Sleep" She said resisting all her urge to run fast to somewhere away from the girl or yell at Mina to talk with her.

" I love you" Mina mumbled kissing her neck softly before passing away to sleep. Nayeon did respond but sounded more like a breathless promise of love than a statement. She wasn't sure why but she felt like crying right there, she let Mina relax on her embrace, and the girl still held her waist tightly, like she was afraid that Nayeon would slip away from her. The older resisted the suffocating feeling of agony she was having from let Mina wake all night to fix something, she wondered if she was talking about their relationship or if she was talking about the damn unknown-for her-implication that is keeping them apart, she wanted to yell, she wanted to throw things because she can't hold her unsettling feelings of wanting to help or at least know what was going on take over her. Little she knew that Mina was doing all of that to live a peaceful life with the girl, to make her safe and not worried about their lives, she thinks that it's right to let Nayeon be ignorant about her concerns.

***********************************************************************

They weren't sure of what to do but kept texting each other anyways. Jeongyeon was gladly thinking about how Jihyo is a good person, they were able to talk a lot about themselves after that encounter. Jihyo felt relieved or even joy to make a new friend like the girl, she was reluctant at first about her being able to talk properly with anyone like that but nonetheless managed to be friends with the other really quick, smiles left her lips unconsciously while she read the good morning texts or the awful jokes the other girl did to spend her time. Jeongyeon made the same expression on the other line, she still was too shy to call the other but her messages were keeping the interest in knowing more about that so contagious girl in the time of two weeks that already passed.

The conversation flows widely while they enjoy their promiscuous opinions about different matters, with her cellphone in her pocket, Jeongyeon waited for Jihyo reply her previous message, she was jogging in that morning but that didn't keep her from occasionally stopping when her phone buzzed to indicate the reply. She was sweating already even if it was a bit chill in that desert street, she stopped to sit on the nearest place to drink a sip of water and closed her eyes against the sun, the warm and welcoming feeling makes her remind why she wakes so earlier to jog, even on week days.

[Yoo Jeongyeon]:

*" We should meet some day"*

Jeongyeon didn't know if it was a sudden urge of courage that took over her, maybe it was because her head was starting to spin a bit after jogging that much but she pressed the send button without hesitation.

On the other side, Jihyo was on her way to work, parking wasn't easy and well, you can already tell that she hated to do that almost every day. She dropped her gaze to her feet while she walked in to her desk, she sat with a thud on her office chair and started to fish out her phone from her pocket, seeing the message made her sigh on her phone and smile aside.

[Park Jihyo]:

*" Sure" *

It was quick but it was all she wanted to say. She turned her gaze to her boss passing by her so she tucked her phone into her pocket and pretended to work in her tasks, quickly tipping on her computer.

Jeongyeon was starting to jog again, it was her current exercise to run on that streets to the nearest park on that way, she can see many people leaving to work and kids nervously going to school. She can't rely on the time she was like them, with that kind of worry because it hurts her to think about it at all. It reminds her of where she one day called home, it reminds her of her sister and how she misses her, it even reminds her of all the times she just wanted to disappear on thin air, leave this world with regrets and that was the most dangerous thought to follow because not even the therapy she passed through can keep her distant from that kind of feelings that still haunts her anytime. Her reason to walk like that, even if hurts in some ways that brings back those memories, goes far away from the solitude she once felt-and deep down still feels-, her destination is to get on that specific place near, like a target or even routine, she sprints in those streets to find an empty seat on the swings and enjoy the morning vibes surrounds the so quiet place. She is already familiarized with the chirp of the birds, the sound of the trees and the crack of the swing she always seats to turn the leaves up on the air and think. That time, she picked up her phone and looked at Jihyo's reply and put her phone back into her pocket. Of course, she felt joy with the possibility of seeing the girl again but, her busy mind was making those alerts, the solemn whispers of her conscience were getting back every time she thought whether her joy in talking with Jihyo could mean something else, that same something she was -for now- foreign with someone she just met. Jeongyeon thinks she is just comfortable with Jihyo, her capacity of doing friends isn't that good to find a girl like that, almost hitting perfection to her eyes, she thinks she is lucky for meeting someone after the hard times she is still passing by. Her morning jog was resumed with her sprinting to her real home, with Momo laying on the couch because it was her off day, and with Sana getting along to make the complete trio of dumb friends that can hang out in the most unusual time.

...

Her boss didn't saw her on the cellphone that time but, she was worried. An unquiet feeling was set deep on that she wanted to run away and ignore everyone in there. Jihyo can't do this anymore and she knows she can't deny her feelings but, leaving the company in that terrible situation would be bad. Her plan was the most absurd and stupidly brilliant she could ever think, but at that moment, couldn't be executed, only if the company was stable again. Quit that unhappy job to go to the only place she felt safe to do what she really likes, the place that called her attention on the first time she walked in, she thought that it is better for her to work in a place she enjoys. After giving numerous thoughts about it, she started to turn her attention into work but, surprisingly she was called in her boss's office -aka her uncle, that hired her-. He looked at her with a guilty gaze and ready to say something.

" Sorry Jihyo our situation isn't good, you're fired" He said serious. She didn't want to express happiness or jump and even cry thanking that someone up there heard her prayers, that was everything she asked for, being fired was a good feeling for the first time, she felt free to do whatever at that moment. With her poker face, she nodded in understanding to her boss. Exiting the room, she finally breathed, letting her frustration escape her mind, she walked to her table to finish the day and luckily never come back to that desk again. She didn't speak about the thoughts of quitting with her closest friends though, besides Jeongyeon that already had noticed that her like for that job was inexistent. She was happy because with the help of Nayeon and Mina she can put her crazy plan in action, nothing can stop her from doing so. Now, you may have noticed that she didn't mentioned her future plan to anyone else, so the thing was, remembering the time she got in the incredible karaoke she found randomly, she wanted the place for her since the first time she walked into it and that is exactly what she was going to do.

************************************************************************

Letting your crazy friends take care of the kitchen while you shower isn't a good idea, in fact it can be more prejudicial if the two had not remembered of turning the heat down after Jeongyeon left them there. Sana wasn't exactly the problem but she isn't exactly the most reliable person in terms of not dropping things on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter