Becoming

Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a\n: This is just...ah. I was reluctant to post this one bc Idk if...(you'll see). But I guess you guys are liking the story so far and thanks for the lovely comments~~^^. Good luck.

 

****************************************************************************

 

Drunkenly hitting the dance floor was more than a welcomed feeling by Momo, although that time was different, she was only surrounded by friends and that wasn't exactly a dance floor, but she still felt the ecstasy while singing in that microphone and staying in that cozy room, watched by the girl she fell in love, that's right, she couldn't do more than accept, and she is declaring that out loud by any means-and even if Sana was yet oblivious-, it made Momo's heartbeat increase. Sana on the other side was more trying to control herself when Momo pushed her to dance along and spun her around with the song. Nayeon was being clingy to Mina on the couch while Jihyo, trying to ignore every bit of awkward, was drunkenly taking with Jeongyeon about how she wasn't in her job anymore.

" I got fired for a good reason, I think I was only going to be a bother there" Jihyo said near Jeongyeon's ear because of the noise, it was a small group of people but they can be loud.

" What are you going to do now?" Jeongyeon asked seeing Jihyo's eyes dropping like she was already tired.

" I'm already doing it" Jihyo said interlacing her arm with Jeongyeon's that let her be. Maybe she wasn't noticing how drunk she was while she placed her head on Jeongyeon's shoulder and closed her eyes. Momo threw herself to sit already tired, she was sweating and panting, Sana started to sing alone some sad song but she was also with her legs heavy from the other girls being too extra.

Empty bottles occupied the table, along with snack bags and full alcohol shots waiting to be drink. After some minutes only singing sad songs and tired eyes scanning around, Nayeon passed out on Mina's lap. Momo was still mumbling about random stuff with Jeongyeon and Jihyo, that was more sleeping than listening on the girl's shoulder, while Sana was trying to rap alone.

" We should go" Mina stated trying to get her girlfriend up, luckily the girl would not be sick later. Jeongyeon heard and agreed seeing the others state as well, it was getting a bit late and she knows that the dumb duo has work in the morning.

" I will take Momo" Sana said, she didn't drink much so it was safe in some way. The problem was that drunk Momo always do some weird stuff, it's really scary and sometimes even funny, surely unpredictable but nevertheless, she was trying to calm down and thanking that the other wasn't passed out like Nayeon and Jihyo. By that, with Nayeon wrapped around her, Mina got in the car with the help of Sana, after that, Mina got back and saw Jeongyeon trying to wake Jihyo up.

" She is a heavy sleeper when she's drunk" Mina said also trying to wake her up.

' Really?! ' Jeongyeon thought trying to make Jihyo lose the grip on her arm because the younger was clinging to it tightly.

" It's ok... Is there any problem if I take her home? I mean, Nayeon didn't look well so it's better if you go" Jeongyeon said letting that out, she was thinking that for a while but was afraid to ask.

" You're right, I will take Nayeon now. Wake her up, she will tell the instructions to close the place. Good luck" Mina said packing her things and going out of the room.

That means the two were alone, in a karaoke room, one of them was freaking out while the other couldn't be more in peace with life.

" Hey" Jeongyeon tried to shake her to life.

" Let me sleep" Jihyo mumbled with her eyes closed, her hair was messy on the other's shoulder.

" But Mina said that we should close the place" Jeongyeon said fixing her hair.

" What place?"  Jihyo said with a hint of annoyance.

" Open your eyes please"

Jihyo opened her eyes lazily and widened them we she realized her position. Jeongyeon giggled and that earned her a hit on the chest.

" It's not my fault, don't hit me"

" Sorry for sleeping on you" Jihyo said embarrassed.

" It's ok but, why do we have to close the place?"  Jeongyeon asked stretching her arms.

" I kind of own here" Jihyo said massaging her temples, feeling the upcoming headache. Jeongyeon mouthed an 'oh'.

" Where are the others?" She asked adjusting her eyes to the light.

" Home, probably"

" Sorry for keeping you here" Jihyo said trying to get up but she was still dizzy and almost fell but Jeongyeon supported her.

" It was fun so I forgive you"

With that, Jihyo drunkenly explained what it had to be done while she drank some water and got on the bathroom, the other girl followed the instructions and started to close the place. It was a nice place and she wondered about how Jihyo found it, throwing things in the garbage can while the other closed the doors, she thought worried if her friends would be able to get home safe. They met in the front door, Jihyo clinging to the walls to walk.

" I will take you home" Jeongyeon said seeing her worried state.

" Thank you, I will make it up to it... Later"

Once they got outside, Jihyo was surprised with the cold air in the streets that made her senses wake up suddenly. Jeongyeon wrapped their arms together for more support. Her stomach growled when they started to walk to the car, Jeongyeon smiled to her, the other girl drank more than ate that night.

" We could eat something" She suggested seeing that many stores were still open.

" Good idea" Jihyo agreed, she leaded the way since she is familiarized with the neighborhood. They walked to a 24-hour store, ate some not so health food and bought some ice cream even if it was a cold night, Jihyo was craving them.

With her eyes dropping, Jihyo glanced her surroundings, since she is familiarized she thought about finishing her ice cream elsewhere, she kept saying to herself that it wasn't an excuse to be more time with Jeongyeon but... who knows?

" Wait, I have an idea" Jihyo said stopping their tracks. The walked to a near small park area, it was a quiet walk from their sides since the streets were busy, and a lot of stores were still open. Giving a good look around, they sat on a bench near the road and focused their attention on the ice cream, no one but them was there that hour, just the cars passing, so it was somewhat peaceful. Jihyo was still lightheaded, thinking a bunch of nonsense while staring at the floor. Jeongyeon got up to throw something in the trash can, the other girl turned her gaze to the sky while the other sat down again.

" The sky was like that the day we met" Jihyo said wrapping their arms again and resting her head on her shoulders one more time. Jeongyeon didn't care, it felt okay when the other did those things, she felt good with the girl trusting her like that, it was difficult to find a good friend especially for her that didn't like much to bond with people.

" Like what?" She asked also turning her gaze to the stars.

" Beautiful" Jihyo completed with her eyes sparkling.

' What? This girl... Really? '

The streets lights are a bother when you're trying to see the sky clearly but that night, the stars were shining so brightly that it didn't matter if the light in the streets were on, nothing could make them bright less.

" It's true but I never really pay attention on these stuff" Jeongyeon said getting along with the sudden kind of nonsense, she was there and had nothing to lose anyways.

" You should, they are good to appreciate" Jihyo said, the other realized that Jihyo is still in her own world but let her be with her sudden ideas about the sky.

" I have other things to appreciate" Jeongyeon said not caring anymore she was just going with the flow and she wasn't exactly sober either, that few drinks made her a bit out of herself, she sighed letting the back of her head rest to see fully the sky. There were no clouds anywhere, it was an incredible sight.

" Right, you like to see people or whatever" Jihyo said remembering that the girl is a photographer.

" It's not like that, not every people" It's funny to think how much she likes to take pictures of them but talking to them was a whole different sensation.

" Ok, but really, I saw a shooting star that night" Jihyo said suddenly remembering.

" Good" Jeongyeon said making thumbs up. After some quiet minutes, she looked around remarking the place in her head, that area was a little piece of different between the buildings and little stores in that side of the street.

" Do you appreciate people like me?" Jihyo asked feeling her chest heavy, making the other girl fully turn her attention to her.

" How?" Jeongyeon didn't understand what she meant.

" Regular people"

Jeongyeon chuckled shaking her head.

" You're far from regular" Jeongyeon said avoiding the look the other girl gave her. That thought was in fact in her head for a while, Jihyo made a different impact on her life, but she is still trying to find out why that happened, or why she feels so safe right there on the middle of the night in an unknown place with a girl she just met but captivate her more and more.

" Hey, Yoo Jeongyeon. Are you saying that I'm weird?"  Jihyo asked with her loud voice.

" So weird" Jeongyeon said. Jihyo hit her in the arm.

" Too weird" She said again and the girl crossed her arms narrowing her eyes.

" I am going home then" Jihyo said getting up.

" Wait, not that weird... A good weird maybe?"  Jeongyeon said making her sit again.

Jihyo hummed with her arms still crossed.

" Come on, you amuse me" Jeongyeon said, she put her hand on when she realized what she said.

" Ooooh, good... I think" Jihyo said, she wasn't even understanding anymore, the other will be glad if Jihyo can't remember that later.

" I can see that you like to sing" Jeongyeon tried to change the subject.

" Yes, I do. And you don't"

" I can't but I used to... with my sister... Some time ago" Jeongyeon said looking down.

" You should bring her here... But why can't you sing? I love to sing, you should try, really"

" I'm ok, one day maybe. As for my sister... I can't bring her here sorry, it goes beyond my capacities" Jeongyeon sighed. Jihyo raised an eyebrow.

" She is gone, car accident, my fault" She completed blinking the sudden tears out of her eyes.

" It wasn't your fault" Jihyo said.

" You can't say that, you don't know what happened"

The mood swing to a whole different and sad place, the same that Jeongyeon was used to be every time she remembers the accident that changed her perception of life.

" It wasn't your fault... Sorry to bring up the subject I can't understand but at least you're ok" Jihyo said, the other girl's heart sank.

" It's ok, we used to sing a lot as a hobby. She always complimented my voice, her voice wasn't that bad by the way, I think I will never forget that sound. Every time I try to sing it gets stuck on my throat the feeling of losing her again"

" You lost your voice" Jihyo completed.

" Probably"

" You will get it back don't worry" Jihyo drunkenly said.

' Does she think she can predict the future or something? She is too drunk to notice and probably won't remember late' Jeongyeon thought letting all go.

" Right" She said bluntly agreeing.

" I once lost my voice, that made me give up my dream" Jihyo said also looking down, she wanted a hug in that moment.

" Am I ready to know?"  Jeongyeon asked.

' Silly '

" I wanted to be a singer. I had some problems in my throat so I even gave up college and closed myself. Gladly I got treated but I am still recovering for all of it" Jihyo said releasing what she was holding in. Jeongyeon looked at her and saw her not so bright semblance, really different from how the girl usually is, she decided by instinct to pull her closer and hugged her as she was reading her mind.

" Your voice is beautiful, don't give up yet" Jeongyeon whispered to her. That is all she said but in her opinion the girl's voice was beyond beautiful, it was the only thing she wanted to hear after the first time.

" Thanks, but I want to hear you singing someday, when you're ready. And stop blaming yourself, no deserves it"

" I don't think I can be ready. My sister was always by my side, she left me and I can't blame her..."  Jeongyeon said adverting her eyes from Jihyo and releasing the embrace.

" Look, she didn't mean to leave you I am sure. She was precious and it hurt, I won't say for you to let go but think about what is important to you too"  Jihyo said, she was used to talk like that to Nayeon and Mina, she thought that Jeongyeon needed to hear it, but still felt a different feeling from the others, the feeling of holding her and never letting her think like that again, to say to her that she can rely on her anytime she needs that she will be there. Jeongyeon looked her in the eyes and gulped down her feeling of crying.

"... After today, I have noticed how much I like to spend time with you so... Promise you won't leave" Jeongyeon practically whispered. Jihyo was still lightheaded from all the drinking but understood, they are already friends, she can never let that girl that makes her heartbeat race like that go.

" I won't go anywhere. I promise" Jihyo said hugging her again. It was a drunk promise they probably won't remember but it was really meant, both of them already felt comfortable with each other to talk like that after so much time just going around the subject. Jihyo started to close her eyes, the other was also tired and noticed that, she kicked the air, got up and helped Jihyo to get up as well.

" Let's go" Jeongyeon said holding her hand. They walked in silence again to the car.

*************************************

Back in the apartment, Nayeon was more awake to at least walk alone, or she thought so.

" You don't need to hold me" Nayeon said trying to walk away from Mina. They were near the door from the apartment already so the girl sighed and let her be but, the older almost tripped in her own feet and stumbled forward a little.

" Let me help you" Mina whined.

" No, you don't care anyways" Nayeon said reaching for the door. Mina grabbed the girl from behind to secure her. At least the older wasn't being noisy in the hallway.

" You're wrong and drunk" She said opening the door. Nayeon gave up and surrendered to her arms.

Opening the cracking door, finally they were welcomed in a less chilly ambient. Nayeon walked away from Mina that was thinking how Jihyo will enter the house if she was with the key, she decided to let the door unlocked and followed her girlfriend to the bedroom. Nayeon was taking her shoes sat on the bed, Mina walked to her and helped.

" I can do this" Nayeon whined, the other girl backed away and waited until Nayeon gave up and lifted her foot to the girl take the shoe off.

Mina smiled seeing the other giving up and laying on the bed. Nayeon pouted and snuggled closer from Mina's pillow when her shoes were off. But, she saw the girl leaving the room.

" Where are you going?"  Nayeon faintly said with her eyes already closed.

" I'll be right back" Mina said walking away. She got on the door and left the keys in plain sight to Jihyo, then she got in the kitchen and drank some water before taking her shoes in their room again, the lights of the house were all off and she believe that Nayeon was already asleep so she laid down a bit unsure. About Nayeon, Mina realized she was wrong when the other grabbed her tightly surprising her.

" Promise that you will be here in the morning" Nayeon said. At first, Mina didn't understand but she realized that the girl was talking about her disappearances.

" I will" Mina said as the other snuggled near her neck.

" You always leave me" Nayeon whispered.

" I won't leave anymore. Sleep, I will be here. I love you" Mina said softly. Nayeon hummed and mumbled a tired response and fell asleep. The upcoming morning drama was already worrying Mina and the other girl felt so distant she wanted to cry but so she snuggled near Nayeon, that kind of smelled slightly like alcohol and whispered an I love you again to recomfort both of them.

*********************************

The streets once filled with cars had a dispersed fog anywhere they passed, the streets lights made the mood gloomier and the spectrums from the still open places made it possible to admire Sana's frame when the latter stopped in a red light. Momo was wide wake but incredibly silent the whole way, just tired of thinking and pretending that nothing happened to her, that everything was fine, her intoxicated brain was doing loops of self-hatred thoughts in one side but it was also being interrupted by a suffocating feeling of saying everything she could to make the girl hers. She felt impulsive when she opened the car w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter