First tries

Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jeongyeon couldn't be more bored, her day was rushed and tiring with all of her things to worry, but specifically, hearing people talking about her work made her just sprint over to the door and run to her house, so now she has nothing to do. It's really quiet at least, her laundry to do, dishes to wash and broken lamp in her bathroom's floor are there waiting for her, but she is not able to move an inch to do all this stuff. Her body feels heavy and she is sure it's because she is tired, maybe it isn't.

Being bored is not about having nothing to do, it's about not knowing what to do. And she surely doesn't know.

Now she is staring at the news flashing in the TV, some actress was going through some rumors about her personal life.

' It's not easy ' She thought as she changes the channels waiting to something funny to pop up, to light the mood at least. Although, she is sure that she knows that girl, maybe from her work on some point, this is really bothering her.

She finally got out of the couch and searched for her laptop on her recently bought backpack, her other one was nowhere to be seen after one crazy staff splashed a whole cup of coffee on it.

Anyways, her eyes drifted in some files on her laptop, some photoshoots of celebrities, idols or even TV shows, it luckily has a bunch of work but being a freelance photographer is not easy, especially if you work with "famous" people, as you may know, that kind of people that thinks that their employees have to be perfect for their servings.

After some minutes, she finally found it and indeed, the same girl is a rising young actress she had photoshoot some weeks earlier.

' She seems like such a nice person' She couldn't help but to think that.

Jeongyeon was starting to look for somethings more in her laptop but was suddenly interrupted with her phone ringing, practically making her jump from the couch because it was ringing so loudly in the solitude of her apartment. She looked at the caller ID and froze, it was her client from early, that means, the reason for her to quit earlier was calling her.

' Oh '

" Hello sir" She answered nervous, the built up anger was starting to rise.

" Miss Yoo... I am asking to apologize about her behavior, hope we can make up to it and work together again" The guy said.

It makes Jeongyeon wonder a little because the guy that is talking to her is a manager of one of the biggest entertainment companies and yet it's apologizing for some idol behavior to her.

" I accept your apologies. Make sure to work harder in the future" She said, feeling important.

" Thank you for everything"

" Sure. Good luck" She said and hung up.

And it all came back again, the boredom. She laid on the couch staring at the ceiling, it happens often you know, since she manages herself, the phone calls are part of her routine but apologies not, this is new territory for her, she is more used to being insulted, unfortunately. It all came with a flash again, the girl she had to photograph kept saying that her angles were not the right ones and kept blaming Jeongyeon for that, besides, she refused to make what Jeongyeon suggested and made a big deal of small details, that means: she was freaking annoying to deal with. In the end, the company called Jeongyeon and talked how wrong she was treating that idol girl and said that she wasn't even that good photographer... Like, , there is a thing called limit, talk about my behavior but don't talk about my work, was what she said to them, then she hung up and headed home leaving everyone confused.

' They deserved though ' She thought smirking a bit, it was her first time doing such a thing and it feels good to stand up for what she believes.

After some minutes, she drifted to sleep, maybe that way she isn't going to sulk about how hard her life is, after all, only bad things happened in the past few years.

**********************************************************

In the brighter side of the town, or the more movement one, Jihyo was walking down the road...yes, walking. Her freaking car broke and she had to take the subway, it was really crowded. Her high heels are making her toes give up of walking but it's getting dark and she has things to do. Finally approaching her apartment, she snapped the door open and threw her heels away at some corner, gasping in delight when she felt the soft couch against her back.

' Maybe food will make me feel better' She thought groaning in pain as she got up.

She opened the cabinets trying to find something edible, but she recently moved to this apartment and living alone has its problems, like forgetting to go grocery shopping and have nothing to eat. Searching for her cellphone, she decided to order something instead of working her lazy self to walk downstairs and buy things, pizza is always a good solution in that kind of situations. She picked her phone up after searching through her messy purse and saw that it has six missed calls.

' Nayeon... What have you done now? ' She thought sitting on the couch again.

By a growl of her stomach, she decided to order a pizza before calling her friend, she is tired but ready to listen the person that did so much for her in the past.

After three rings, Nayeon finally picked up the phone.

" Are you ok?"  Was the first thing that Jihyo asked.

" Fine"

" So, why were you calling me?" 

" Wow, rude!" Nayeon exclaimed.

" Sorry, I'm kind of tired, so spill"

" So... I have to admit that I had a problem but I think not even you can help "

" Hm, tell me more about it" Jihyo said and laid down on the couch.

"... It's about Mina" Nayeon said a little reluctant.

" What have you done to her?" 

Nayeon took a deep breath and thought a bit, Jihyo was starting to feel tense about all the suspense surrounding that conversation.

"... She left, again" Nayeon said. Jihyo was surprised with her friend leaving again, actually it's the third time that Mina disappears without telling, she never talks much about it but every time is to visit her father somewhere. And what worries the most is that Mina and Nayeon are in a relationship for some months already and has to face the same problem every time. How can a human being not comprehend, like Mina is doing to Nayeon, that leaving obviously wouldn't do any good?

" Did she left without telling you again? " Jihyo said getting up a bit nervous. Nayeon breathed sharply.

" I-I don't know what else I can do, it feels like she d-doesn't trust me" She said.

Jihyo froze when she thought about it, Nayeon is her friend for so many time and it's just when it's about Mina that she sees her hesitating in saying anything. The worst part is, Mina, that's also her friend, is freaking unreachable. Like, she can hide behind her smiles but her heart seems as cold as ice.

" Did you at least tried to speak with her about this?" Jihyo asked concerned.

" S-she said to not to worry the last time she came back"

" Nayeon, you're screwed" 

" Thanks for helping" Nayeon voice cracked and Jihyo knew she was starting to cry.

" Don't cry bunny" Jihyo said trying to cheer her up. She can only hear Nayeon sobbing lightly and breathing heavily, she wishes she could do something.

" S-sorry" Nayeon said.

" It's ok, calm down. You can do this, you're a wonderful girl and don't need to cry for this." Jihyo said.

" Thanks... I know I'm wonderful" Nayeon said giggling between crying.

' That's the girl I know '

" What are you going to say when she comes back?"  Jihyo asked. Then her doorbell rang, she got up and payed her pizza to get back on her conversation.

" She is fine where she is, at least I think so, I'm not going to bother her but I've been trying to call. Facing her it's the major problem" Nayeon said, she was still sobbing.

"... I know this is hard but for how much longer can you keep your relationship with her in this state?"

" I don't know. I don't know what else can I say or do to make her trust me to be by her side when things like this happen" Nayeon said whipping the tears that lasted on her cheeks.

" It's better for you to talk to her about how you feel about this"

" Yes, I will try to"

" Did you calm down?" 

" Yeah"

" Good, now you have to think about what you are going to do, but just saying, keeping it in your chest is worse " Jihyo spoke softly.

" Right... Thank you" 

" You're welcome" She said smiling, she knew her friend was sulking on the other side.

" And how is work?" Nayeon changed the subject.

" Meh, I got used already"

" Is it that bad?"  Nayeon asked.

" No but, you know what I mean"

"Yes, I do... Don't worry about it. Cheer Up" Nayeon said almost screaming at the phone.

" You too... I think I have to eat now, bye" Jihyo said when her stomach growled again.

" Bye" 

She hung up and pushed her cellphone aside, her hunger isn't even that much after she heard Nayeon like that, so she is just staring at the pizza.

...

Jihyo is friends with Nayeon for a really long time now, their parents were friends so they bounded together really fast and besides, Nayeon was her first roommate when the duo invested in a place together. They surely have a lot in common but what made their take a step together was their shared dreams of become a singer and, how can be said... They don't want to be just like any singer out there, they aim for the big companies so it was propitious for them to move together, even if sometimes they had just each other's company to start music majoring in a renowned college.

As our story moves on, it unfortunately didn't work for Jihyo - we'll get there - her journey was long but not enough to do any good so, she had to move to her home town, that is not that bad as one of the biggest cities around there but now she lives alone, her parents didn't take her in after she left them pursuing, in their opinion, her stupid dream. She got back and started to word as a secretary at her uncle's company; it's not her dream job but it's paying the bills. At least her parents stopped mocking her about being a singer, while Nayeon is still studying on the college, Jihyo is doomed to her routine that gets more stressful every day.

Right now, with the solitude of her apartment plus the noisy city ambient she lives in, she ate her pizza in a flash and got ready to bed. The weather was kind of cold really, it's even better if she just passed out when she laid down thinking about her old life.

' I really miss Nayeon being noisy...'

After her short time of reflection, she took the long ride that leaded to a nightmare, not even a peaceful dream at once to relief her building up stress.

**************************************************

* bang *

Jeongyeon woke up scared with the loud noise on, what she assumes, the door of the apartment being shut, after realizing her surroundings, she sighed in relief when she remembered that her roommate was out and probably had got home. Yet, she thought and groaned angrily when she figured that her stupid roommate is probably drunk, so she got up to try to help.

" Momo, where are you?" 

She said when got in the living room and saw no one around. She looked behind her when she heard a noise coming from the bathroom.

' She is probably there... '

Jeongyeon was a little confused when she opened the door entirely and faintly saw Sana leaned on the wall of the bathroom with Momo over her, the girl looked passed out with Sana trying to hold her up. And yes, that freaking broken lamp is still there, wonder who broken and didn't cleaned it.

' Later ' Jeongyeon thought.

" Need help?" 

" What do you think?"  Sana said sarcastically.

" She said she needed to go here but passed out in the hall, I'm trying to wake her up" Sana said holding Momo still.

Jeongyeon got near the sink and started to splash water on Momo's face to wake her, after some tries, she surprisingly woke up.

" Stooop" Momo whined to Jeongyeon. She just wanted to laugh with the girl being like that.

" Momo, I will take you to your room, ok?" Sana said softly.

Jeongyeon wasn't surprised that Sana has patience to deal with drunk Momo, surely must be fun in seeing someone so clueless like Momo to Sana's feelings, but sometimes hurt in watching the girl broken like that. Jeongyeon knows that her roommate stopped caring about the others feelings a long time ago and she is sure that Sana is no exception to that, unfortunately.

" I will help you, come on" Jeongyeon said, passing Momo's arms on her own shoulders and on Sana shoulder.

Slowing walking to the hall, she could faintly see the number of hickeys on Momo's neck.

' '

She looked at Sana and saw an unusual serious face, her gaze staring down.

" Are you ok? " Jeongyeon asked taking her out of her thoughts.

Sana can't put into words how it hurts in receiving a call of Momo about getting in a party with her, just to go there and find the girl already drunk and making out with another girl.

" Hm, I'm handling it"

It was clearly obvious that Jeongyeon understands about Sana's feelings for Momo.

They got in the room that is at least close to the bathroom, opened the door and saw that Momo isn't a good cleaner. Sana almost squealed tired of holding the girl but managed to get near the bed. When they were about to throw the other there, Momo, the most oblivious one, grabbed firmly on the hem of Sana's shirt and embrace her, leaving Jeongyeon confused and Sana shocked as hell.

" Don't leave me " Momo said whining.

' What the h? ' Sana thought.

" It's me, Sana" She said softly.

" I know idiot, stay with me please"

Sana stopped breathing with that, she looked shocked to Jeongyeon that just nodded.

" I want to talk with you later, good luck" Jeongyeon said to her.

" R-right" Sana said nodding.

You know when a person is so scared that they freeze in place... That's what happened when Jeongyeon left Sana alone with Momo hugging her in that room. Just for everybody's knowledge, sleeping in the same bed as Momo isn't an unknown feeling to Sana because it happened before but, Sana was really frustrated and Momo soft breath against her was driving her insane.

" Let's lay down" She pulled Momo out of the hug and saw the other crashing on her pillow, but, Momo didn't released the grip in the end of Sana shirt so she saw herself laying down by her side.

Sana turned around, back facing Momo and averted her eyes to everything in the room except the other. She could see with the faint light, Mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter