他知道

Shangri La

第6章 | Chapter 6

他知道 | He knows

Tonight, it's packed. It's packed night after night, but it's more packed tonight. I think it's because of Hakyeon being in the audience tonight. Hakyeon is a wealthy kid and everyone wants to sit near him, but it's Hakyeon who decided himself where he wanted to take a seat. And Hakyeon sits front row, so I have to make him feel entertained. I have to make him feel that it's worth it to watch the play.

I'm backstage and I'm dressed in the outfit again. I hear the crowd talk a lot and I hear them talk about Hakyeon. It's quite rare that someone like Hakyeon shows up in a town like Shangri La and everyone hopes that Hakyeon is going to help Shangri La to become a better town, but I know that Hakyeon isn't here for that. Hakyeon was sent here by his father and his attitude completely changed when Hakyeon saw how we are living here. And Hakyeon is going to show the footage to his father, so I'm curious what Hakyeon's dad will say about our way of living. Hakyeon seems te feel attracted to me and I don't like that, I don't like this Hakyeon guy at all.

After 20 minutes, I decide to dim the lights and the crowd cheers quite loud. Then, I start the music and I put on my mask. I grab my fan and it doesn't take long before I enter the stage. I immediately see that Hakyeon has his eyes on me and he makes himself comfortable by switching his position in his chair.

 

THE CHINESE ROAD TO THE STARS

SCENE ONE

ACT TWO

The boy is using the tip the monk at the temple gave him. He wants to make something else of his life and wants to show the children that everything is possible. The boy realised that dancing was something he secretly liked and he wanted to entertain people with it.

The boy practiced and practiced, much to annoyance of his parents. And his dad in particular, because he wanted that his son was going to stick to the traditional circle of life. But the boy refused, because he wanted to do something that he liked and that would entertain others.

 

FATHER

You disobey towards your father. You are such a disgrace to our family.

 

The boy's father gave his son a slap against his cheek and the boy placed a hand on his cheek. Tears formed in his eyes and he looked at his father.

 

THE BOY

No! I don't want to live to those standards anymore, I wanna live my own life. I want to make people happy, don't you understand that?

 

The father clears his throat and is about to say something, but decides to give his son another slap against his cheek. The boy gets up and runs away from his father.

The boy runs back to the temple and the monk is surprised to meet with teary eyes and with a red cheek. The monk runs to the boy and places a hand on the boy's shoulder.

 

THE MONK

Who has done this to you? Can you tell me?

 

The boy nods and looks up at the older man.

 

THE BOY

M-My own f-father has done this to me. He wants me to live like the traditional standards and I don't want that.

 

The monk's eyes widen and the monk sighs.

 

THE MONK

Stay here for a while, it's the best for both parties to stay separated.

 

The boy looks at the monk and a smile appears on his face. He is glad that he can develop his skills to become a good dancer.

 

I take my final position at the same time the music stops and the fan is covering my face. Everyone in the audience gets up from their chair and starts to clap in their hands, even Hakyeon. I'm glad that he enjoyed the play. I'm sure he has a lot to tell when he returns to his father. And believe me, I hope I won't see him anytime soon after this.

~*~

Once I'm backstage, I take off the mask and I put it back at where I left it the previous night. It was good to see how much people enjoyed it and it entertained Hakyeon aswell, that's good. I changed into my own poor clothes and I put the clothes for the performance on a hanger. 

''H-Hey, you did well.'' Hakyeon says and my eyes widen when I hear his voice. , he wasn't supposed to see me like this. Because he will tell the citizens of Shangri La that I'm the one who is performing.

Hakyeon's footsteps come closer and as soon as he looks at me, his eyes widen. I immediately turn my head away, because I feel embarrassed as heck. Hakyeon knows about the mysterious performer on stage and I hate it that he knows by now that it's me.

''T-Taekwoon? You were the one on stage who performed such a mysterious play? Why didn't you tell me that it was you?'' Hakyeon asks and I sigh as I close my eyes.

''No one here knows that it's me who is performing, Hakyeon. I perform this play in order to earn at least a little bit of money. You have seen how poor we are living here and it's going to be my death one day.'' I tell him and I turn sideways, my back facing Hakyeon. I hide my face in my hands and I sigh again.

I collect some stuff that I need after I drop my hands and I want to walk away, but Hakyeon grabs my wrist. As if Hakyeon is telling me that I'm not allowed to go or something.

''That I discovered the identity of the mysterious person on stage doesn't mean that I'm going to let you go, Taekwoon. What I saw on stage, was someone who was trying to stay alive and to fight through this day. As I said earlier Taekwoon, I feel attracted to you. And I start to realise why, because you are special. Yes, I may look like a selfish guy who doesn't care about anything that's below luxery ,I actually am like that, but everything here made me think that I am one of the fortunate ones to live a life like that.'' Hakyeon says and I don't even wanna hear it. I never liked Hakyeon and I can't wait to see him leave.

I try to break free from his grip, but Hakyeon doesn't let go of me. I don't get it why a rich kid like Hakyeon doesn't want me to go after he discovered that I was the one who performed on stage.

''Hakyeon please, let me go.'' I try to beg, but Hakyeon still doesn't let go of me.

''No Taekwoon, I'm not going to let you go. I feel attracted to you for some reason and I feel like I have to stay around you until I leave to go back to my dad. Meaning by that, I'll spend the night at your place.'' Hakyeon says and my eyes widen. What? Is this kid out of his mind? I hope he is, because we can't even afford him a simple matrass.

~*~

A/N I'm so sorry that I didn't update sooner. I'm working on a lot of stories and I barely had time to update this. I'm so sorry guys!