在別處的新生活

Shangri La

第10章 | Chapter 10

在別處的新生活 |  A new life somewhere else

After a long ride, the van stops. I wake up, because I had slept during the whole ride. I had fallen asleep on Hakyeon's lap and Hakyeon through my hair during the entire ride. My eyes widen when I look outside, because it looks like nothing like Shangri La.

''Welcome home Taekwoon, this is my home.'' Hakyeon tells me and I look at him. This is where he lives? It's a big mansion that he lives in and he wants me to move in with him in this huge building? I get lost in here, so I hope that I'll get help from above then.

The door of the van is opened by the bodyguards and Hakyeon pushes me in the back a little bit as a sign that I can get out of the van. I hesitate a little bit, but I get out of the van and the cold ground meets my feet. Resulting me in clenching my jaw. Good god, I never knew that stones could be this cold on my feet. Hakyeon grabs my arm once he got out of the van and gives the instruction to the bodyguards that they can load my stuff out of the trunk and to bring everything inside.

''Well Taekwoon, welcome to our home. Let's take you inside, because I don't want you to get a cold because of your bare feet.'' Hakyeon's dad says as he looks at my feet. I nod when he looks back up and it's Hakyeon who takes me with him inside. Hakyeon is very careful when he is touching me, because I can basically feel his hands on my bones.

Shortly after we get inside, a woman approaches us and immediately rushes towards Hakyeon to pull him into a hug after that. She tells her son that she is happy to see him again, because she missed him dearly. When she let go of Hakyeon, her eyes move to me and her eyes widen when she sees how thin I am.

''Well mum, I'd like to introduce you to Taekwoon. I met him while I was in Shangri La and I fell in love with him. And to offer him a better life, I have taken him with me. Everyone in Shangri La is living in poor maintained houses and their only feeding source is the fish that they catch. They don't have shoes, so they walk on bare feet all day. The citizens also don't even have a little amount of clothes and they nearly sleep on the cold floor.'' Hakyeon says to his mother and she takes my free hand in hers.

''Nice to meet you Taekwoon. Now that I see you, I never could've imagined that people in Shangri La live like this. It is very scary to see how thin you are and I think it's a good idea that Hakyeon wants to change your life into something better. My goodness, this is very unhealthy. But we will help you to look healthier.'' Hakyeon's mother says and a genuine smile appears on her face. Hakyeon carefully rubs over my side and I softly sigh out of relief.

~*~

Hakyeon had taken me with him to a spare room and he tells me that I this is my room for now. I am amazed by everything, because it is unreal that I have a room with an actual bed. I even have a closet where my few pieces of clothes will be in. Oh goodness, I have a better looking room now.

''And on top of that, I will take you with me for shopping tomorrow. You really need some more clothes to look a lot better and we also will measure the size of your feet to determine your shoe size. But first, I want you to take a shower. Yes, you are going to take a shower. You look like you haven't taken one in years. Oh, wait here.'' Hakyeon says as he leaves the room. I look around me and I still can't believe that I am going to sleep in an actual room. I never can believe this in my wildest dreams.

Hakyeon returns with an outfit and a pair of flip flops. The outfit consits of a purple suit with a black blouse underneath and it also contains a dark tie. Wow, this is way different from what I wear now. 

''After you finish your shower, you can put this on. I'll show you where the bathroom is and I will hand you a shampoo and some soap that you can use okay?'' Hakyeon tells me and I nod after I get up from the bed. I follow Hakyeon through the hallway and I enter the bathroom. Oh my goodness, this is what they call a bathroom? This is so huge, this is way bigger than the bathroom back at home. But I am so far away from home now, I kinda feel homesick honestly.

Hakyeon briefly tells me how the shower over here works and he also gives me some towels and a washcloth. We never even had this at home, I always had to take a shower by only using water. I didn't even have soap.

Right after Hakyeon explained everything to me, he leaves the bathroom and tells me that he will wait for me outside the bathroom. I am glad that he will wait for me, because I am in an unfamiliar place and I am not planning to wander around in this mansion. This is my first time here, so I will need a guide here. And that guide is Hakyeon.

I lock the door and I undress myself. I look at the clothes that I hold in my hand and I sigh the more I look at them. I have worn them as long as I can remember and I don't know what will happen to these clothes. Will Hakyeon throw them away or will these go into a washing machine to wash them? I don't know, but it doesn't look new anymore. I throw my clothes into the laundry basket and after I have dropped the towels next to the sink, I step into the shower. Hakyeon has explained to me how to use the shower, so I'm sure that I can make it through this shower.

As soon as I turn on the shower, I feel the warm water hit me and I get goosebumps right away. Wow, this is feeling amazing and it's been a long time since I felt water like this touching my body. I immediately grab the bottle filled with shampoo and I use a slight big amount in my hair. Hakyeon told me that it's pretty dirty, so that means I need to use a lot. I don't want to get that bottle empty right away, but I'm sure that Hakyeon will tell me that he can ask his mother if some more bottles can be purchased.

After I wash the shampoo out of my hair, I close my eyes and I enjoy the warm water. I had to shower with cold water mostly, so I am glad that I feel some warm water hitting me.