他個變化

Shangri La

第5章 | Chapter 5

他個變化 | His Changing Personality

The boy sits down next to me and now it's time that I look the boy in the eyes. His face shows a different expression than he showed at the stage, he seems to be defeated by what he has seen here. But I don't believe that right now, because he also still can pretend he cares about us now and doesn't care as soon as he leaves Shangri La. 

The boys stares at the lake for a few seconds, before he looks back at me.

''I wasn't in the mood to go here at first, but my dad wanted me to see how you people live here. But now that I have seen all of this, I am thinking a lot. I mean, I have everything I want and I can always get what I want. But that's not the same for all of you, you have to try to stay alive each day.'' the boy whispers and I hear the citizens talk behind us. So it changed his mind about this place right? The boy's eyes don't seem to leave mind and it's quiet for a little while.

I then focus on the lake again as I continue to catch some fish as result that my little basket is filled with lots of fish. The boy looks at my basket with a surprised look and it also surprises him that I don't care much that he is the CEO's son of a record company. Would that be the reason why he feels attracted to me? I don't care much though, but he might've seen that already. I pack all of my stuff and I get up. The boy also gets up and wipes off the dirt of his clothes.

''I'll go with you, I wanna see how you actually live here.'' the boy says and places a hand on my shoulder. Most of the people react surprised, because they probably would've expected that this boy would come with them. 

Once I have checked that I have everything, I nod when I look at him. The boy then looks at my feet and his eyes widen.

''All of you walk here on bare feet? Aren't your soles hurt?'' the boy asks and looks at the leader, who sadly nods.

''We don't have any money for food or for clothes, so we also can't afford ourselves some shoes. The gouvernment doesn't want to help us out.'' the leader says and the boy looks back at me. He clearly seems devastated by everything he has seen here.

~*~

Along with the boy, I walk home and the leader walks with the citizens behind us.

''But tell me, how is it balanced here if I look at the citizens here?'' the boy asks and before the leader opens his mouth, I start to speak.

''Shangri La is from origin a Chinese village, but the Korean people are taking the lead here.'' I shortly tell him and the boy nods. There aren't many Chinese people living here but those who live here, don't show themselves. That might be a part of their nature, because Chinese people have more strict rules to follow compared to us Koreans.

''And you are half Chinese? I can't tell by your appearance that you are half Chinese.'' the boy says and I nod as the answer on his first question, but I shake my head at the sentence that follows. By apperance and by name, I am Korean. The only differences are that I was raised bilingual and that I take part in both Korean and Chinese traditions.

''You are right about that you can't see that, because I look like a Korean and my name is Korean. The differences are that I was raised bilingual and I take part in both Korean and Chinese traditions.'' I tell him and the boy looks at me with a surprised look on his face. Well, that's the result of having a Chinese mum. Both of your parents learn you something about the traditions and the cultures. And this boy is Korean, so he doesn't know much about the Chinese culture.

The walk to my home doesn't last long as we arrive at my house after a few minutes and the boy looks at me when he sees how my house looks like.

''You don't wanna tell me that you live in a poorly maintained house like this?'' the boy asks in surprise and I nod. Everyone in Shangri La lives in a poorly maintained house like this, so he now sees how we live compared to his luxurious lifestyle. I let the boy enter my house and I follow him, my parents follow shortly after. I put away my fishing stuff and I put the basket with the fish in the kitchen.

''Wow, you don't even have a place to sleep peacefully.'' the boy says and looks at me as soon as I enter the livingroom. That's right, we basically have to sleep on the floor here.

~*~

The boy looks at everything and walks around in the house, while I sat down in the livingroom with my parents. My parents are happy that the son of Diamond Entertaiment's CEO is walking around the house, but I just see him as an average person. If I think of his 'title', I wanna hate him so much. The boy then comes back into the livingroom and looks at me.

''What was your name again?'' he asks and I get up from the couch.

''Taekwoon, Jung Taekwoon.'' I tell him and the boy nods.

''Right. I have seen by now how you live in here, Taekwoon. I never could've thought that this would be the sad truth of today. I have filmed everything and I have taken some photos, which I will show to my dad as soon as I'll see him again. Which is tomorrow. Because tonight, I have to see the play I heard about.'' the boy says and grabs my hand.

How can he know about this play by now? I have only performed it once and I heard about the positive comments this morning.

''I hope that you're going to enjoy the play, people here love the play already.'' I tell him and the boy smiles a bit.

''But I still haven't heard your name.'' I continue and the boy scratches the back of his neck. Maybe he might've forgotten to introduce himself while he got surprised by how poorly we live here.

''Oh, how stupid of me. But my name is Cha Hakyeon and I am the son of Diamond Entertainment's CEO.'' the boy explains and I nod. Cha Hakyeon is his name huh? Okay then.

~*~

A/N Mianhae that it took me a month to update. I will try to update my stories as soon as possible, but school is taking a way lots of inspiration and I also have days that I'm not even home. Mianhae!