你跟著我來

Shangri La

第9章 | Chapter 9

你跟著我來 | You come with me

Hakyeon managed to pack the little amount of stuff I have and even showed that to his dad. He wants his dad to realise how poor we actually live and Hakyeon briefly has shown the footage Hakyeon has made of this house. I sigh when I look at my parents and my mum is silently sobbing. It's hard for both me and my parents that I'm leaving Shangri La behind me. I hope that I can provide them a better life once I am used to my new life.

My dad pulls me in for a hug and my mum joins us. I don't want to let them go, but I have to come with Hakyeon. Hakyeon wants to provide me a better life and he wants me to become a part of his family. I think he is a little too fast with the latter, but we'll see what kind of life he wants to give me.

''Take good care of yourself okay? Promise us that you'll visit us soon okay?'' my dad asks and I nod, before they let go of me. It's then that I feel Hakyeon's hand on my shoulder and Hakyeon tells me it's time to go. I sigh deep and I look at Hakyeon, before I nod. I turn my head to my parents again and I tell them that I'll keep thinking about them, before I turn and follow Hakyeon and his dad. I'm surprised about the amount of bodyguards Hakyeon's father brought with them, but I kinda understand why he did that.

Hakyeon's dad is still surprised about how Hakyeon was dropped off here and returns home with someone he loves. Love is a strange thing and can change a lot of people on the inside, I think that is what happened to Hakyeon. The citizens of Shangri La say goodbye to Hakyeon and Hakyeon waves everyone goodbye. Aside from their goodbye greeting, the citizens are also surprised that I am leaving with Hakyeon. They weren't aware of the situation between me and Hakyeon, but I'm glad that they didn't.

''Once we're home, I'm going to give you a makeover. It hurts me to see you like this. Oh, I also will give you some food. Because you are very thin, it scares the hell out of me.'' Hakyeon says as he lifts up my shirt a little. I look at him and I bite my lip when I feel his hand on my side. It's so cold outside and here he goes, his warm hand touching my side.

Hakyeon's dad looks at me and his eyes widen when he sees how thin I am. I think that this made him realise how lucky they are to live a life in wealth, but we aren't that lucky. Shangri La's only food source is the fish we have to catch.

''Wow, I seriously wasn't aware of how poor everyone lives here. But good thing that you say something about the food, because I'm sure that your boyfriend will need it.'' Hakyeon's dad says and Hakyeon's lowers my shirt again. Woah, he just called me Hakyeon's boyfriend? Oh boy, we're not in that state yet.

~*~

After a long walk, we show up at a big van and my eyes widen. Wow, they have a huge van. No one in Shangri La owns a car, it's because we barely have any money and the roads aren't that fantastic either.

The door is being opened by one of the bodyguards and it's Hakyeon's dad who gets in first. Then, it's Hakyeon and I get in at last. The bodyguards load my stuff into the trunk and their are surprised by how light the suitcases are. Well, it's because I am not as rich as they are. I am far away from that.

''May I ask how old you are?'' Hakyeon's dad asks and I sigh when I look at him.

''I'm 25.'' I tell him and Hakyeon's dad doesn't know anymore how to look different instead of looking surprised. He is surprised that a guy like me is this thin and lives in poor circumstances like these. But it's the sad truth, something he didn't want to know about at all.

''You're the same age as me then.'' Hakyeon joins the conversation and I look at him. We're the same age? He looks so much healthier for his age than I do. Due to the poor circumstances in Shangri La, I look older for my age.

The bodyguards get in and they start the engine pretty quick after that. As soon as the van will drive away, Shangri La is a part of my memories and Hakyeon's luxurious lifestyle will be mine aswell.

''Don't worry about everything Taekwoon, I will help you and I will support you. I'm sure my mum will too when she sees you.'' Hakyeon says and takes my hand in his. His dad is already an ,or was, so I'm curious how his mother will be like. I hope she is a bit like Hakyeon, caring and understanding.

Then, the van starts to drive away from Shangri La and I look behind me to see Shangri La disappear further and further away in the distance. I sigh when I turn back, because it's hard to leave Shangri La behind. It's a place where I was born and where I grew up, but everything is changing because of Hakyeon. Hakyeon pulls me closer and streaks over my cheek with his other hand.

''I know it's hard to say goodbye to the place where you were born and raised, but I just want you to happier and healthier. If I left you behind, you wouldn't grow old. I'm sure you wouldn't even make it to the 30 years.'' Hakyeon says and I look at him. Well, maybe he is right. If I kept living there in Shangri La, I probably wouldn't reach the 30 years.

Hakyeon's dad faintly smiles at me and looks at Hakyeon. He just whitnessed how I had to say goodbye to the place where I was born and raised and it wasn't easy, but my parents let me go for my own good. They want me to be happier and healthier, but I can assure them that I will take them out of there once I'm looking healthier.

''It still hurts that I have to say goodbye to my parents, so I hope that I can get them out of there once I'm looking healthier.'' I tell Hakyeon and I feel a kiss against my temple.

''Once it's time, we'll take your parents out of there. I really like your parents and they are very caring and loving, no wonder that you have those personality traits aswell.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle.

I hope that it won't take long before I can take my parents out of there, I can't wait to be reunited with them.