第一場比賽

Shangri La

第3章 | Chapter 3

第一場比賽 | The First Play

A/N Listen to this song, while reading this chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5wQZRPeGVI

After 2 months of preparations, it’s time to perform the play which was named ‘’The Chinese Road To The Stars’’. In the time of the preparations, the stage got a makeover which was done by Taekwoon and Hongbin by using materials they found on their way to the lake.

But Taekwoon also had to make people interested, interesting enough to make people come and watch the play. Taekwoon had noticed that it’s packaged, because a lot of voices were talking. In the audience are his parents and Hongbin with his family. Speaking of Hongbin, Hongbin hasn’t talked about his play ever since he and Taekwoon decided to check what they could use for their play.

But for some reason, Hongbin cut it off and didn’t want to play anymore. However, Taekwoon continued his preparations and also managed to find some tapes with traditional Chinese music on it. These tapes were perfect to use for the play, because Taekwoon otherwise wouldn’t have any music to perform this play on.

The audience had to wait 45 minutes before Taekwoon dims the lights and he starts the music. No one in Shangri La knows that Taekwoon is behind this play, so Taekwoon has to manage everything of the music and the lights on his own.

Shangri La is a poor town and no one has the money to buy new equipment to use at the open-air theater. During the first minute of the song, no one says a word and the light is changing to another color. It doesn’t take long before Taekwoon ,dressed up in traditional clothing, a dark colored mask and a fan, enters the stage.

~*~

THE CHINESE ROAD TO THE STARS

SCENE ONE

ACT ONE

 

It’s quiet in this small town. Everyone is in their poorly constructed houses doing nothing. The women are doing the household and the men are out to catch some fish. Except for one boy, who is in the temple to think about what he really wants. He isn’t the typical boy who wants to get married and have children, he is in the temple to think about his future. He wants to break some boundaries.

 

Footsteps are heard and when the boy looks up, he sees the monk coming his way. The monk sits down next to the young boy and doesn’t say a word. He only places a hand on the boy’s shoulder and smiles.

 

THE MONK

What are you doing here, boy? You are here for a reason.

 

The boy looks at the monk and nods after the monk assumed he is in the temple for a reason

 

THE BOY

Yes, mister. I am trying to think about my future, because I don’t want to stick to the traditional cycle of life. I want to make something else of my life.

 

The monk aims his eyes at the floor again and inhales some air, but doesn’t say a word. He keeps thinking about the advice he should give this boy. After 10 minutes, the monk looks at the boy again and a smile creeps up his face.

 

THE MONK

Maybe you should consider to make people happy with whatever you like to do. I don’t know what to name as an example, but try to consider that.

 

The boy nods and smiles, before he turns to his left and bows at the monk.

 

THE BOY

Thank you, mister. I will take this advice with me.

 

The monk smiles and sees the boy leave the temple. The boy just got an idea to work on his dancing and to perform in front of people, because the boy believes that he can make people happy

 

The children who came to this play out of curiosity, get up from their seat and start to clap in their hands. For Taekwoon, it's a sign that the children love this play. But he isn't sure about the older people in Shangri La. If they don't like it, it's only this time that Taekwoon will perform this play. Taekwoon is glad he is wearing a mask right now, because no one knows he is the one who created the play and is also performing it. To finish the play, Taekwoon squads down on the stage and immediately stretches his left leg to the side. He immediately covers his face with the fan, folded open and the music stops at that moment aswell. The people get up from their seats and start to clap. Taekwoon gets up and bows for a long time. Taekwoon leaves the stage and a bright smile has appeared on his face. It feels good for Taekwoon that he is the first one in 15 years who has performed on this stage. Taekwoon hopes he can make young children interested to come up with something to perform this on the stage of the open-air theater. But for now, Taekwoon can't ask money for it. Shangri La is a poor town and money is scarce in this small town.

~*~

Taekwoon leaves the stuff backstage and he leaves the open-air theater. On his way home, he hears people talk about the play. People are happy that the theater is being used again, because people missed the entertainment in this town.

Even the children are happy with the fact that the theater opened again and they hoped to see this play tomorrow again. To be honest, Taekwoon is considering it to perform it again the next night. But Taekwoon only wants to play it again if the older people like to see the play again, because it otherwise sticks to this one performance only.

Taekwoon then hears his parents talk about the performance and goosebumps appear on his arms. His parents loved it and they were glad they had a night out, because they couldn't believe that someone had courage to perform such a play like this after 15 years.

Maybe Taekwoon should do this again, because he loves to hear when people are positive about the play. Taekwoon secretly hopes the Chinese gouvernment will hear from this play soon, because Shangri La needs the money. Taekwoon walks home slowly and the talking of the people slowly disappears to the background.

Taekwoon is glad people liked to watch this play. It's crazy to realise that someone had the courage to use the theater after 15 years, but it's good to hear that people loved this play.

~*~

A/N As some of you might've noticed, I put HIATUS behind every story. It's because I consider to leave AFF, because I feel lonely here. But also because I will go on a holiday next week and I won't have any wifi the first week. Well, poorly wifi to be honest. I don't know if I will write in the weeks I am on a holiday, but I won't after I return. School will start after the holidays and I'm sure I won't have that much free time, because I will make long days at school. For this chapter, I created the script part myself and I like it so far. So... goodbye for now I guess.