No more lies

You love once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin heard a knock on his door.
“It’s open!” Jin said, raising his voice enough for anyone outside to hear. He sprayed a generous amount of his cologne onto himself and admired his reflection in the mirror. “Still awesome.” He said to himself.
“I agree.” A familiar deep voice said from behind him, making Jin jump.
He turned back and found Taehyung standing at the doorway, pressing his lips together, stifling a smile.
“Aah you monkey!” Jin’s face lit up with a bright smile as he walked up to Taehyung and caught hold of the younger boy’s neck, playfully shaking it. Taehyung giggled, sheepishly flashing his box shaped smile.
“How are you Hyung?”
“Dashing as always!” Jin shrugged. 
Taehyung giggled. “You haven’t changed at all Hyung.” He said.
“But you have. Aah you all are growing up so fast.” Jin said, shaking his head and pulling Taeyung in for a bear hug.
“Hyung, it’s only been a year.” Taehyung said, hugging Jin back.
“Yes, but it seems like five years have passed.” Jin sighed. “And you’re getting married!” Jin said, releasing Taehyung from his grip and making an incredulous face, raising his hands. “What was the hurry to get hitched so fast?” 
Taehyung shrugged, avoiding Jin’s eyes. “Guess the best time is when you find the right person.” 
Jin didn’t say anything. Taehyung looked up at him and saw that he had his hands crossed in front of his chest and was looking at Taehyung, as if observing him carefully. There was a hint of a smile at the edge of his lips. 
“Hyung?”
Jin sighed, removing his eyes from Taehyung’s face and shaking his head. He looked at Taehyung again and said, “Are you sure you’re doing the right thing Taehyung?”
Taehyung was taken aback. “Wh-what…what do you mean Hyung?”
“I mean are you sure this is the right thing for you to do? Marriage…and to Jimin…Do you love him?”
“Why this question Hyung?” Taehyung averted his eyes, laughing. “Of course I love him. Why else would I marry him?”
Jin smiled. “Good then.”
“Hyung why are you asking me this stuff?...Do you think I’m not doing the right thing?” Taehyung asked, looking Jin in the eyes.
“No Tae, I’m happy for you. I just hope you’ve thought it through.” Jin tousled Taehyung’s hair playfully. “You see Tae, marriage is perhaps the biggest decision of a person’s life. It seals our fate with someone else’s. The only reason to get married to someone is that we love them. It can’t be any other reason.”
Taehyung’s eyebrows narrowed slightly as he searched Jin’s face. Why was his hyung saying this stuff?
Jin smiled and patted Taehyung’s shoulders. “I guess we should go downstairs.”
“Huh?”
“For your party…remember?”
“Oh…oh yeah! Yeah let’s go Hyung.” Taehyung grabbed hold of Jin’s elbow and started pulling him towards the door.
“No! wait!” Jin protested, pulling Taehyung back. “I need to apply more cologne.”
“Hyung you’ve already applied enough for all the guests. You’ll serve as a room freshener at the party.” Taehyung laughed, getting a small kick from Jin. He pulled Jin by the arm out of the room and as they descended down the stairs, at the entrance to the room where the party was to be held, they spotted Hobi and Yoongi, apparently busy arguing over something. Music was blaring from inside and they could hear a racket of voices from inside.
“We shouldn’t have brought you along! You’re SUCH a spoil sport!” Hobi was heard saying, smacking Yoongi’s arm with the back of his hand. Yoongi’s remained motionless, looking at Hoseok with a bored expressionless face.
“Yah! What the hell are you two already fighting over?” Jin shouted at them, laughing as they came up to the duo.
Yoongi and Hobi looked over at them, both of their expressions changing. Yoongi finally opened his mouth to say something but then stopped, spotting Taehyung behind Jin. Taehyung was smiling as wide as possible and Yoongi himself felt a warm rush of happiness on seeing the second youngest member of their group after so long. He smiled happily and was about to move forward to hug Taehyung, when Hobi almost knocked him over in his attempt to do the same. Hobi’s high pitched noise of excitement would have scared any child if there were was one around. He almost jumped on Taehyung, locking him in a tight embrace and jumping around, taking Taehyung with him. Taehyung was laughing but he looked like he was scared that he might get some of his bones broken. Jin moved out of the way, laughing at the two.
“Ugh!” Yoongi said, shaking his head.
“Yoongi hyung!” Taehyung extended his hand towards Yoongi, still encircled in Hoseok’s grip.
Yoongi walked forward and pried Hoseok off from Taehyung, laughing. Taehyung embraced Yoongi.
“Hyung, I missed all of you sooo much.” Taehyung said, his voice hinting at the verge of tears.
“We missed you too, kid.” Yoongi said, already awkward in the embrace.  Taehyung let go of him, standing back to look at the three elders, with a wide smile. 
Hobi moved up and hugged Taehyung again, looking like he was about to cry, himself. “You shouldn’t have moved. First Jungkook and then you. And then Jin Hyung. I miss hanging out together so much.”
“Hobi, now is not the time for this stuff.” Yoongi patted Hoseok’s back. He did not want the topic to come up now.
Hobi let go of Taehyung. “Yeah you’re right…” He said, his face gradually changing from a sad look to a sly smile. “It’s the time to partaaaayyyyy!” He said, doing a small twerk on the spot. Jin and Taehyung burst into laughter while Yoongi rolled his eyes up at the ceiling.
“God help Jimin’s guests.” Yoongi said. 
Taehyung hugged Hobi from the side, “Hyung, you haven’t changed at all. Still the life of the party!...and Yoongi hyung, you haven’t changed either.”
“Yeah, still the Grinch!” Hobi said, sticking his tongue out at Yoongi. 
“Should we make an entrance maybe?” Jin asked. “Or should we keep hugging and bickering outside the door? I’m okay with both.”
“Wait, where’s Kookie?” Hobi asked.
“He’s getting ready.” Taehyung said. Three pairs of eyes went wide at his answer and they went silent.
“How…um…do you…um know?” Jin asked, coughing in between words and trying to maintain a casual tone.
“I met him earlier.” Taehyung said, also making a failed attempt at a casual tone.
Hobi, Yoongi and Jin had identical awkward fake grins. 
“Oh!” Yoongi said.
“Umm…uh I guess he’ll be here in a few minutes. Should we go in?” Taehyung said.
“YES!” The three others said at once.

 

.................... 
[Yoongi]

 

The room which was the scene of the party was grand to say the very least. It was even bigger than the study where the boys had first met Namjoon earlier in the day, seemingly a ballroom. The lights were dimmed for the occasion and the room was swarming with around fifty to eighty people. Waiters with trays of refreshments and drinks made their way from one end to the other. The music was loud and Hobi had started dancing soon after entering.
“Man the music here is loud!” Jin said, shouting to make himself heard.
“It’s a party! That’s how it’s supposed to be!” Hobi said, bobbing his head up and down.
Yoongi noticed that Taehyung was looking around with a solemn expression. He craned his neck to look over the heads of people.
Yoongi followed his gaze and scanned the room himself. He spotted Namjoon’s tall frame at one end, chatting with a pretty girl in a short back dress and straight black hair. Next to him was a shorter boy with a pretty face and longer hair, who was talking to two other guests, with a happy smile. He recognized this boy as Jimin, recollecting his face from the pictures Jin had shown him from one of Taehyung’s facebook albums.
Yoongi touched Taehyung’s elbow. As Taehyung looked at him, he motioned with his head towards Jimin. “Jimin’s over there.”
Taehyung blinked a few times. “Huh?...what…” He looked in Jimin’s direction. “Oh…oh…yeah…There he is.”
“I should…um…yeah come with me, I’ll introduce you guys.” Taehyung said, motioning with his hand towards the corner where Jimin and Namjoon were standing. They followed him through the crowd towards them. 
“I just hope he’s a little less weird than his elder brother.” Jin said into Yoongi’s ear, making the latter laugh.
Taeyung introduced them to Jimin and they exchanged pleasantries with smiles. Jimin was a cheerful and likeable character, Yoongi decided, starting to warm up to him.
“Taehyungie, don’t tell me, let me guess the names of the Hyungs….I can say who’s who.” Jimin said.
Taehyung laughed. “How would you do that?”
“Oh it’s easy, I’ll guess from the descriptions you gave me…This has to be Hobi Hyung!” He said, pointing at Hoseok, whose shoulders and neck were still moving to the rhythm of the catchy party song playing. Hoseok’s eyes went wide and his mouth fell open. “Oh my god! How did you know?!” He said, patting Jimin’s shoulder with a laugh. 
“How could he not?” Yoongi said, with a bored look.
“And this has to be your Suga hyung!...Oh I mean Yoongi hyung! Mianhae…” Jimin said, looking at Yoongi, who turned to him with a smile.
“It’s okay you can call me Suga too…these jerks couldn’t think of a more fitting nickname.” Suga extended his hand and Jimin shook it happily. 
“And who am I?” Jin asked, crossing his hands across his shoulder with a flamboyant smile.
“There’s literally just one name left.” Suga said.
“You’re Jin hyung! The most handsome Hyung!” Jimin said, flashing a cheerful smile.
Jin looked pleased. “Taehyung, I like this boy.” He said, nodding his head. They all laughed.
“Where’s um…Jungkook?” Jimin asked, with an attempt at a smile.
“Uh…he’s not here yet. He’s getting ready.” Yoongi said.
“Jimin ah, you wanted to introduce me to some of your cousins…” Taehyung said abruptly. It seemed to Yoongi that he was trying to change the topic.
“Oh yes! Come with me. Yoongi hyung, Jin hyung, Hobi hyung, enjoy the party…have a drink. We’ll be back.” Jimin said, pulling Taehyung away into the crowd.
A waiter with a tray of what looked like cocktails came over to them. Hobi took two glasses, handing one to Yoongi, who rolled his eyes but accepted it and one to Jin. Jin hesitated for a few moments before Hobi took his hand and forcefully placed the glass in his grip.
Hobi took one glass for himself before thanking the waiter. After the waiter had left, they said cheers and took a sip each, Yoongi cringing at the sharp taste of the liquid.
Jin smiled down at the glass in his hands happily. “Man it’s been so long since I drank last. The damn job takes up all of my time. There’s no time left for anything other than-…”
Jin stopped mid-sentence as something caught his eye, in the direction of the door. Yoongi turned back to look at the door. Jungkook was standing at door and was looking around, apparently searching for them.
“Oh there he is.” Yoongi said, waving his hands over his head, hoping Jungkook would see them. There was no point calling out to him over this blaring music.
“Huh! And he said he didn’t have anything to wear…” Jin said, squinting his eyes. “And here he is, looking better than everyone else around.”
Yoongi laughed. “Maybe he borrowed something from Hobi.” 
“No, I didn’t see him after we parted ways when the weird elder brother was showing us rooms.” Hobi said, downing his entire drink. 
“Then how did he-…”
Yoongi continued waving his hands but to no avail. The room was too crowded for anyone and there was too much motion wiith people moving around, laughing and dancing, to notice anything from that far.
Yoongi gave up and turned to Jin and Hobi with slumped shoulders. Jin’s lips curled up into a smile that was almost a smirk. “I think we don’t need to give him company.” 
Yoongi looked back and saw that the girl in the black dress he had seen earlier talking to Namjoon was now in front of Jungkook. She had her head tilted to a side and Jungkook said something to her with a smile, to which she responded by bending forward, laughing. Her head was almost touching Jungkook’s shoulder now.
“That little minion of the devil.” Jin uttered behind Yoongi.
Hobi giggled. “Aish that boy has some luck with girls. It hasn’t been ten minutes since he walked in and look at him.”
“What the is he doing?” Yoongi said, with a frown, more to himself than to the others.
“Flirting with a pretty girl! Something we should have been doing by now too!” Hobi said. 


What the are you doing Jungkook?

 Yoongi saw the girl motion with her head towards a corner of the room, before catching Jungkook’s arm and pulling him in that direction.
Unbelievable!

​​​​​​.................. 

 

[Jungkook]

 

Jungkook had been searching for his friends for over five minutes when his eyes caught sight of Jimin pulling Taehyung out of the door towards the balcony. He was feeling the urge to turn around and walk out when someone collided with his back. He turned to see a very pretty girl standing with a half empty glass in her hand. She had open and blushed when he looked at her.
“Oh I’m sorry, did your drink fall?” He said.
“Oh, I should be the one saying sorry. I didn’t see where I was going.” She said, pressing her lips together and smiling. Jungkook knew this behavior only too well. She was trying to flirt and had probably collided with him on purpose. He wasn’t in a mood to flirt back and would have closed the conversation here. But the image of Taehyung and the echo of his words flashed through his mind. 

It didn’t mean anything… My future is with Jimin… It was all a big mistake…
I can make a few of my own mistakes then.

​​​​“Well I’m ready to forgive you. But you have to share the next drink with me.” He said, delivering his best smile.
The girl laughed. As she did so, she tipped forward a bit and her head touched his shoulder. She seemed a bit drunk and Jungkook steadied her balance, with his hand on her arm. She looked up at him, with a seductive smile. 
“Are you okay? Do you want to sit down?” Jungkook asked.
“I’m okay!” She said, bringing her hands up to Jungkook’s elbows. “You’re such a gentleman.”
She motioned with her head toward a corner. “Let’s go that side. This side is a bit crowded.” She said and pulled him away. He followed her without resisting. 
When they had reached a corner with less people, she turned towards him. 
“You didn’t tell me your name! I’m Minseo.” She said.
“I’m Jungkook.” Jungkook said.
The song changed and Minseo threw her hands up. “Oh my god, this is my favorite song! Do you like to dance?” She asked, coming closer to Jungkook, moving to the tune.
“Yes, a bit.” Jungkook said.  A waiter was passing by and he grabbed a glass from his tray, downing it in one go and placing it back on the tray. “Thanks!” He said to the waiter and turned back to Minseo.
Minseo inched even closer, sliding her arms up his neck.
“So who were you looking around for back there?” She asked in his ear.

 I thought you didn’t see where you were going. But you saw that?

​​​​​“Not a girlfriend, I hope!” She said, laughing.
Jungkook was going to reply when he heard someone behind Minseo clearing their throat. Minseo had heard it too and becoming conscious, she withdrew her arms and broke away from Jungkook. As she turned to look behind her, Jungkook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter