Face to face

You love once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Help me! Seriously one of you help meee!” Jin had been struggling with his suitcase for five minutes. It was heavy and somehow stuck in the rear storage space of Jungkook’s car, which the four of them had ridden up to their destination. Hoseok ran around from the front of the car to the back and started to pull Jin’s bag. 
“Aargh! How did this get stuck?!...And WHY is it so heavy?” Hoseok shouted, almost into Jin’s ears.
Yoongi appeared beside them in a few seconds and put his hands on his hips, mouth open, staring at the two of them. “What the hell are you both doing?”
Jin looked up at him, nostrils flared and eyes squinted. “What does it look like we are doing? Dancing?”
“At this age? You’ll sprain your old muscles and we’ll have to rush you to a hospital right now with your luggage still hanging halfway out of my car. That would be really awkward.” 
Jin let go of his luggage, drawing himself up to his full height to glare at Jungkook, who had appeared beside Yoongi and made this snide remark. He had his elbow up on Yoongi’s shoulder and was studying Jin and Hoseok, with his head tilted to a side. When Jin started to open his mouth to reply to the youngest boy’s insult, Jungkook walked around Jin and grasped the handle of the trapped bag, pulling it thrice before it slid out of the car. He then brought it around and put it down in front of Jin.
 “Are you carrying a human being inside this bag, Jin hyung?...Oh no! Is it Jennifer?” Jungkook asked, dodging sideways when Jin moved his hand to hit him, striking Yoongi’s neck instead.

Jungkook and Hoseok erupted into riotous laughter while Jin looked mortified and clutched Yoongi’s shoulder, coming up with a series of apologies.
Yoongi looked up to the sky, sighing and said, “Aah how I have missed you guys and THIS kinda thing.”

Hoseok grabbed his own luggage out of the car and Yoongi’s backpack as well, tossing it to the latter. “We better get moving fast. What was the address again?”
“Here, I have it written down.” Jin said, passing a piece of paper to Hoseok.
They started to walk, trying to find Jimin’s house.

When Jin and Hoseok had moved slightly ahead of them, Yoongi came up to Jungkook’s side and asked in a low voice, “How are you keeping up?”
Jungkook shrugged. “I’m fine. I’m here to attend my best friend’s engagement.”
“You don’t need to pretend in front of ME, Jungkook. Are you okay with all of this?” Yoongi grabbed Jungkook’s arm to make him stop walking and turned him to face himself. Jungkook smiled back at him, the familiar bunny smile. “I’m really fine Hyung. Like I told you earlier, I’m done running away to solve problems. Whatever happens, I’m going to face it.” He took a deep breath before saying, “And as long as I have you guys beside me, I can face anything.”

“You might be about to face Taehyung just a few minutes from now. Are you ready for that?”

Jungkook’s smile fell. “I-…I dunno.”

“The condition I saw you in last night gives me no reason to think that you’re going to walk in there and be fine.” Yoongi said and took hold of Jungkook’s shoulders. “Kid, listen, I know I asked you to come. And I know you have come all this way, which is very brave of you. But I felt really weird after hearing that Taehyung called you after a year of not wanting to see your face and insisted that you come to his engagement.” Yoongi gave a squeeze to Jungkook’s shoulders. “If you feel, at any point, that you don’t wanna stay…that you want to go back, I’ll be there with you. I’ll take you back. You don’t have to do this if you don’t feel okay with anything here.”
Jungkook lifted a hand and squeezed back Yoongi’s hand on his shoulder. “I’m going to be okay, Hyung. Don’t worry about me.”

“Hey! Kookie! Suga! It’s this house…here!” Hoseok shouted, standing in front of the entrance of a large luxurious house. 
Jungkook and Yoongi moved forward to join their friends, taking in the huge expanse of the house.

“Wow, it looks like Taehyung’s boyfriend is rich.” Hoseok said, with an impressed turn of his lip and raised eyebrows.
“Maybe he has a brother or cousin who’s gay too.” Jin said, mimicking Hoseok’s expression at him. “Maybe you can marry him and settle down in this house!”

Hoseok kicked Jin in the shins and opened the gate. They walked up to the front door of the house and rang the bell. “Why were we asked to come here though? Are we supposed to stay at Taehyung’s boyfriend’s place tonight? Wouldn’t that be weird?”

“I talked to Taehyung on the phone yesterday and that’s what he said we’d be doing.” Jin replied. “Apparently Jimin’s elder brother…Janmin…or…Nimjin…Namjin or something…he’s arranging everything. And he has instructed strictly that Taehyung’s best friends should be lodged at his house for the engagement with the utmost care. We’re VIPs!” Jin said, looking around with a proud smile.

“Ugh.” Yoongi rolled his eyes as Hoseok laughed.

The door was opened by a woman who looked like she was in her mid-forties and she motioned them inside, without a word. She was wearing a black and white shirtdress, with an apron, which seemed to be a uniform for a maid. They followed her down a broad hallway, whose walls were covered with various oil-paintings, up to a large mahogany door, on which the maid knocked.

“Come in!” A deep voice replied from the inside.

The maid then opened the door and motioned them to go inside, silently as she had done earlier.
They stepped into a large and luxurious yet comfortable looking room, with a high roof. There were frames up on the wall, similar to the ones outside. But unlike the various themes of the paintings throughout the corridor and hallway, the pictures in this room were mostly portraits of various old people, possibly family members. The room held an assortment of wooden cupboards with glass showcases, various bookracks, stacked to the brim with books having serious looking brown and black leather covers and an oak table at the extreme end, beside a glass window which ran from the floor almost up to the roof. At the table, a guy with a look that was a complete contrast with the theme of this room, was sitting, with a diary and pen in his hand.

He had brown hair, cropped short and had his right leg propped up on his left knee. He was wearing a white graphic T-shirt, with basic blue jeans and loafers. He looked up when the boys entered and from his expression, seemed unable to recognize them or comprehend why a group of four boys was suddenly standing inside his study, staring at him. After a few seconds, a switch seemed to go on his memory and he understood who they might be and promptly put his pen and diary away on the table, rising and walking towards them, with a formal smile.

“You must be Taehyung’s friends…am I right?” He asked, extending his hand towards Jin, who was standing at the front of the group. “I’m Namjoon, Jimin’s elder brother.”

“Hello, pleased to meet you!” said Jin with a smile. “I’m Kim SeokJin. This is Jung Hoseok. He is Min Yoongi…and he is Jeon Jungkook.”

Yoongi had been following Namjoon’s gaze as it flitted to each boy’s face as Jin introduced them and there was no missing how Namjoon’s eyes narrowed when they focused on Jungkook, travelling once over Jungkook’s entire frame from head to toe. When Jin started to talk to him again, Namjoon took two seconds to remove his gaze back from Jungkook to Jin. Yoongi turned his head to Jungkook and from his face, he could tell that the boy had obviously noticed Namjoon’s focus on him and looked uncomfortable.

“You’ll be staying at this house, as Taehyung must have told you. Now we have other close relatives coming over, who will be staying here too, so I’ve had to give you all joint rooms unfortunately. But they’re the best rooms in this house and you’ll have no discomfort at all!”

“Oh there’s no need of all those formalities with us!” Jin said.
“You’re the groom’s best friends. Of course you guys are VIPs! Follow me, I’ll show you to your rooms.” Namjoon said, walking out the door, beckoning them to follow.

Jin turned to Yoongi with raised eyebrows and a “What did I tell you?” smile, making Yoongi roll his eyes again and push Jin forward.


Namjoon took them up an enormous spiral staircase, to the second floor of the house and showed Hoseok and Jin into a large room with two beds, which they accepted happily.

Namjoon then took Yoongi and Jungkook out, a couple of doors down to another room, this one bigger with one large bed and a couch at the side by a large window. This was a far more luxurious room, with cream coloured walls, midnight blue velvet curtains and white carved wooden furniture. The bed here had silk bedsheets and covers, the same shade as the curtains.  Namjoon motioned for them to step in, following in after them.

To their surprise he suddenly turned to Jungkook, with a smile and said, “You’ll be staying here. I hope you like this room.”
Jungkook looked at Namjoon, slightly wide-eyed. “I-uh…Me?...You mean me and Yoongi Hyung right?”

Namjoon’s smile grew wider as he shook his head. “I’m really sorry…That’s the way I wanted to divide you guys, two and two…but unfortunately this room and mine were the only ones left available after the room I gave Jin and Hoseok. So, I decided to make Yoongi share with me. Don’t worry…”He said, turning to Yoongi. “It’s a really good room and there are two beds unlike this one, so you won’t be uncomfortable.”

Yoongi groaned internally and from the corner of his eyes, he saw Jungkook’s shoulders lift up slightly, indicating that the boy was relieved he wouldn’t have to share a room with this weird new guy who had been creeping him out by visually dissecting him.
“I didn’t need a room alone though. This bed is big enough and Yoongi hyung could share the same bed with me!” Jungkook said.
“I so canno-…”Yoongi started, wheeling around, wide eyed at Jungkook, before turning back to Namjoon, who was still smiling.
Yoongi weighed his options in his mind. On one hand there was the prospect of sharing a bed with another human…his friend, but, a human, nevertheless, which was not a welcome matter for him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter