Gloomy Coincidence(Moonsun)

Our Jukebox(Mamamoo One-shots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Song: Mamamoo- Coincidence (from the show Sugarman. Also a heads up for cursing words!}

rabambayara humbaya rabambayara hum
rabambayara humbaya humbaya rabamba
rabambayara humbaya rabambayara hum
rabambayara humbaya humbaya rabamba

Sun POV

Great, just excellent! We arrived right in the middle of the first premiere of Love By The Stars musical. Thanks to this super busy heart surgeon. 

"We've missed the intro!" I frowned as I took a seat at the reserved balcony. 

"Darling, I told you I'll be late because of the heart transplant!" He defended, taking a seat next to mine. 

"And I told you I could come here alone but you kept wanting to tag along" I crossed my arms over my chest. 

He sighed, caressing the back of my head before planting a peck on my cheek. 

"Because I want to spend time with you, my love. I'll bring you to our favourite steak house later, okay?" He coaxed. 

"Fine" I faked a glare at him and averted my gaze to the huge stage. 

It was too serious to be a coincidence. 
We both had to pretend, 
That we don't know each other.
Both of us had changed, 
Oh with a different lover
We went to watch the same movies.

15 minutes passed and this musical had been nothing but perfection. The humour, the cosplay, the props. No wonder it was the most awaited foreign musical. It's also great that they added Korean musical actors and actresses. 

With Eric sharing his warmth with me, this feels like a wonderful moment. 

"I love you" I heard him whisper. 

I chuckled and just shook my head. 

It had been a year since I met Eric in Spain. Just like any cliché romantic movies, we met at some old café and he made the first move. Now we're engaged, simply because Eric wanted to. He's just like a sweet, decent guy that every mothers would want as their son-in-law. Truth to be told, he isn't my type. Sure, he's nice and everything but it's hard to fall for someone else when you've been stuck with a certain person. Specifically, your ex. 

And saw each other
The moment our eyes met, 
I tried to act calm
But when you made that confused face, 
I stopped and became confused too

Byul. Byulyi. Moon Byul Yi. Yup, it's a she. My best friend, actually. How and when we fell, I couldn't quite recall but she's the longest tenant that lived in my heart. 

"Yong-ah, you know one day, I will take your hand to claim you as mine. I'll claim you as my wife.." Byul whispered.

I blinked, realising that I've been reminiscing her gentle words. I buried my face in my palms for a few seconds to get a grip of myself. I lifted my head and my eyes landed on the other balcony across from us. 

I froze. 

And she, 

That person, 

Froze too. 

The person that once lighten up my nights was right in front of me. Well, maybe not literally since there's like hundreds of chairs separating the both of us. 

She changed, her hair...could it be orange?  Or gold? Ash? Whatever it is, she looks good. 

And don't get me started on how she dressed. The checkered suits with white T-shirt in it. Her style never failed to impress me. An inch to the right, a pair of hands locked her arm securely, close to the way I always did. Right, like I, always did whenever we watched movies together. 

'Pretty' 

I scoffed internally when I saw the girl's face. Long black hair, fair skin, light makeup, slender and I'm assuming she's taller. 

She's beautiful, yes. 

But her dress are too revealing. If she's really, you know, dating, Byul, then she should cover a bit more since Byul is VERY conservative and it would piss her off. 

I felt something poking on my heart when she turned away, cutting off any telepathic communication that we're having.  

I turned away too, realising that I've been staring for too long. Honestly, I was a bit hurt. But why should I? She's not.. 

She's not even mine anymore. 

You avoided me and I ignored you
But I wanted to see your lover's face
I looked back, 
You were conscious of me.
Silently, we were aware of each other

The musical was no longer in my interest. Subconsciously, I kept glancing at her way and I knew she did too. 

Two years already passed, 
How many times do we wandered around?

                                    ***
FLASHBACK

"It's always about you, you and you! Have we ever, talk about what I, want?" I yelled. 

Shouting at each other's faces surely won't be the best thing to do in the hallway. Surely we're in our own apartment but our neighbours would've heard everything. But does it really matter? If two hearts are burning and already on it's way to the battlefield?  Does it really matter, when we're on the verge of breaking? When we're close to tearing each others' faces? 

She scoffed, tilting her head as she took a step forward. She placed her right hand over her chest, the silver ring was the only accessory decorating the hand that often wiped away my tears during numerous hurtful days. 

"It...it's always about me?" She started, choked with emotions. 

I gulped hard, hands clenching. I was furious. 

"Y-you...do you even" She chuckled dryly. 

"Do you even hear yourself?" She added. 

Our eyes met and it felt nothing that showed love. Does it even, exist anymore? Cause all I see was hatred in your eyes, Star. 

"I ing, gave everything that you want and you said it's all about me?" She snorted in disbelief. 

"I want to achieve my dream.." I muttered. 

I looked at her intently, with the exact same expression. 

"Have you ever let me?" My voice cracked. 

I didn't want to shed any tears but my eyes betrayed me when it let a few first droplets fell. 

She went closer, gripping on both sides of my shoulder. She's not there to comfort me anymore, she's holding me out of anger. A need for explanation. 

"Tell me, have you ever, shared anything about your dream with me? I don't even ing know what your dream is Yongsun! You shut me off! Sometimes, it felt like I know nothing about you and it hurts like hell!" She raised her voice. 

Seconds later, her tears fell too, along with herself. She was on her knees, burying her face in her palms. 

"Was it that difficult to trust me? You didn't share everything with me, Yongsun...I felt it" She confessed. 

I moved away, closer to the door. It hurts too much to even care about her. 

"I've always wanted to become a singer, Byul... I told you about it but you laughed it away" I wiped my tears. 

She lifted her head, looking at me with her surprised expression. 

"I thought you, out of everyone else, would've understand" 

I slammed the door behind me and walked away. No, I ran away. Away from her. I left, yes. But I know, half of my heart doesn't. 

End Of Flashback
 
                             ***

I believed I would never see you forever. 
But fate brought you to my side once again

What's with this coincident? Why do we meet again? Fate is playing around with us, is it? 

As we saw each other comfortable with our lovers
You and I would have felt an unspoken jealousy.

I didn't realize I was literally 'choking' the armrests when I saw her new 'lover' whispered sweet nothing before pulling on her jacket, literally crashing their faces together. 

We couldn't even look at each other and turned back
It will be a sad day when we wished for each other's happiness.

I saw her pulling away slightly and threw me a glance. Unknowingly, I threw a glare as I looked back to the stage.

I would always get jealous with her talking to other girls even when she did nothing to reply their flirtatious remark. But now seeing her with someone else. At a time that I'm not even qualified to be jealous over it. Surely, I won't be able to wish you happiness. No, not when you still kept half of my heart. 

rabambayara humbaya rabambayara hum
rabambayara humbaya humbaya rabamba
rabambayara humbaya rabambayara hum
rabambayara humbaya humbaya rabamba

The actors sang the last verse, way too harmoniously that it remind me of the state that both of us used to be in— perfect. 

If there's one to blame, I'd take it. I shouldn't left without looking back. That was my flaw that I chose to show. 

I still love you. Now, isn't that just sad? I can't have you back. 

                                       ***
Star POV

The moment our eyes met, 
I tried to act calm. 
But when you made that confused face, 
I stopped and became confused too.

"Too public?" Sunmi, or should I introduce, my ten-months-girlfriend, asked. 

I shook my head, smiling lightly. 

"It's fine..just, I'm hungry" I lied. 

She nodded her head and leane

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter