Chapter 2

Blended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I really do appreciate you guys cooking.” Namjoon told his two oldest sons as he poured himself a cup of coffee. Hoseok was currently pulling a batch of muffins out of the oven and Yoongi was distributing eggs onto plates for them. “I don’t know how I survived before you guys moved in.”

“Trust us, we don’t know either.” Yoongi commented as he sat down at the table, Namjoon joining soon after.

“You start your job today, right?” Yoongi nodded. He had completed the first aid training over the weekend and texted Jin, as his boss had asked, who told him to come in that afternoon after he got out of school, so they could work out a schedule and start him off in the kitchens. “I hope you enjoy it.”

As Hoseok sat down at the table to join them, one of the bedroom doors slammed open to reveal Taehyung dressed for school with his backpack already on. “Good morning, Tae, why don’t you join us for breakfast?”

“Can’t~” Taehyung said curtly, pulling a pitcher out of the fridge. “It’s a long walk to school, so I gotta leave now.” He ignored the sharp looks he was receiving from his older brothers as he poured himself the smoothie he had made while Namjoon was in the shower that morning.

“You don’t have to walk, Tae.” Namjoon responded, trying to suppress his hurt over the way Taehyung had been acting all summer, and was continuing to act. “Your brothers are riding with me, you can ride with me too.”

“I’d rather not.” Taehyung grabbed a muffin and left the apartment without another word.

Hoseok looked at his dad, silently apologizing for Taehyung. “He’ll come around, Dad.”

Namjoon forced a smile onto his face, not wanting to seem weak in front of his sons. “Thank you, Hobi, but I’m okay.”

^^^

Jimin walked around the dining area of the restaurant, pulling chairs down and wiping down tables to prepare for when his dad would open the doors around lunch time. In the kitchen, Jungkook was sitting on a random stool eating his omelet as Jin bustled around, preparing some of the most popular dishes ahead of time to help things go more smoothly after he opened before the boys got out of school and could help. Jin was also double checking to make sure Jungkook was ready for the first day of school. “And you have a copy of your action plan to give to all of your teachers.”

“Yes, dad, for the hundredth time,” Jungkook rolled his eyes before taking the final bite of his breakfast.

“Excuse me for worrying,” Jin grumbled as Jungkook carried his plate to the sink. When the boy came back, Jin picked up the Tupperware dishes that had been sitting on the counter and walked over to where Jungkook’s backpack was resting. “I’m putting your snacks for the day in your backpack,” Jin informed his youngest son. “Eat the oranges during your second period and eat the crackers and cream cheese as soon as you get out of PE.”

“Got it~” Jungkook playfully saluted his dad before taking his backpack from his dad’s hands just as Jimin came into the kitchen.

“You ready to go?” Jimin asked his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter