Chapter 6

Blended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon had finally finished the second day of parent teacher conferences and was feeling hungry. He was about to go to the teacher’s lounge to pick through the scraps from the school provided dinner again, but suddenly had the impulse to finally check out Jin’s restaurant. It was drizzling rain outside, so he hurried to his car and quickly looked up the directions to the place before pulling out of the parking lot, wanting to get there before the rain really started. Unfortunately, the rain was pouring by the time he arrived at the restaurant and he was unable to avoid getting soaked as he ran from his car to the front door.

Jin had just walked up to the front door of the restaurant to flip the sign over to say closed when Namjoon appeared right outside. After the initial jump from the arrival of the man scaring him, Jin opened the door for him. “Oh, I didn’t realize you were about to close, I’ll just come back tomorrow or-“

“No, don’t be silly~” Jin ushered the man inside. “I’ll get you some towels, so you can dry off.” Jin was gone and back in less than a minute with a handful of clean dish rags and a menu for Namjoon.

Namjoon thanked him and began using one of the rags to dry himself. “So, are you going to spit in my food for keeping you here so late?”

Jin pretended to consider it. “Let’s wait and see how you treat your server before I answer that question.”

Soon enough, Namjoon had a steaming cup of coffee in front of him and Jin was coming back out of the kitchen with two spicy Moroccan chicken sandwiches. “I hope you don’t mind if I join you,” Jin said as he saw Namjoon’s confused face. “I haven’t had dinner yet.”

“Go ahead~” Namjoon said, thanking him again as he set one of the plates in front of him. “I know I have an excuse for not having eaten dinner yet this late, but why haven’t you?”

“I usually wait until I’ve completely closed up the restaurant to make dinner for me and my sons. I don’t have to cook for them tonight, though,” Jin was quick to explain so it didn’t seem like he was neglecting feeding his boys. “Jungkook’s already asleep and Jimin, my older one, is out on a date.” Jimin had thought he was slick when telling Jin that he was just going to hang with friends, but Jin could tell from the way Jimin had taken care to style his hair that he was actually going out on a date, but he let the teen think he had fooled him.

The two of them began eating, sharing small talk about anything and everything that popped into their minds. As the night went on, Namjoon felt his heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter