Chapter 9

Blended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung sat in the back of Namjoon’s car, arms crossed over his chest as he glared out the window on the way to whatever restaurant they were supposed to meet his dad’s boyfriend at. “So, does your boyfriend not trust us at his house or something?” Hoseok asked from his spot next to the sulking 15-year-old, curious as to why they were going to a restaurant when he knew his dad’s boyfriend was a good cook.

Namjoon chuckled in response. “No, he’s going to cook for us at the restaurant he owns.”

“He owns a restaurant?” As Namjoon continued to answer Hoseok’s questions, a sense of dread washed over Yoongi. First, he’d noticed that they were driving the same route he always drove to work and now his dad has confirmed that his boyfriend owned a restaurant.

Any hope he had that it was just a series of coincidences disappeared as Namjoon pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant he spent every day after school and every weekend. “Dad~” Namjoon was suddenly worried by the panic in Yoongi’s voice. He turned to ask what was wrong, but Yoongi was already looking at him wide-eyed. “You’re dating my boss.”

^^^

Jin had put Jimin and Jungkook to work to help him make sure the dinner was perfect, both the food and the set up. He had just finished arranging the dishes containing the chicken and vegetables on the table in a way he deemed artistic when Jungkook spoke up. “You must really like him, Dad. I’ve never seen you stress over the presentation so much.”

“Right, because that’s why I want tonight to go perfectly.” Jin said, wondering how he was going to survive his youngest son finding out he was dating his teacher while also trying to make sure Jimin didn’t kill Namjoon’s youngest son.

Jimin, who had been quiet up until this point, too busy moping over having to meet his dad’s boyfriend, something that just made the fact that his dad was dating again even more real, looked at his dad with a confused look on his face. “Is there another reason we should know about?”

Jin sputtered, trying to think of the best excuse. However, what came out was a high-pitched, “Whaaaaaaattttt?” Jimin subtly rolled his eyes as his dad sputtered out the rest of his response, his gaze falling towards the door and seeing a car park outside. “Of course, there’s no other reason…”

His dad’s voice faded away as a familiar person stepped out of the backseat of the car, looking about as happy to be there as Jimin felt, and a burning rage appeared in the pit of Jimin’s stomach. “What is that doing here?”

Jin immediately tried to calm Jimin down as Jungkook looked outside to see why Jimin was mad, recognizing his teacher immediately. “Why is Mr. Kim here?” It took Jungkook two seconds to make the connection, and then he looked over at his dad wide-eyed. “You’re dating my teacher?!”

Jin suddenly felt nervous having both of his sons staring at him, one out of anger and one out of shock or embarrassment, he wasn’t totally sure. “Surprise?” Jin offered weakly, escaping from his son’s gazes as soon as he could to greet his boyfriend and his family.

^^^

After the initial, extremely awkward introductions, especially after Jin realized that Yoongi was one of Namjoon’s sons, the dinner proceeded silently. Everyone was almost finished with their food and the only sounds during the duration of the meal had been from silverware scraping against plates. Jin and Namjoon had spent the entirety of dinner sharing looks that translated to ‘maybe this wasn’t such a good idea’. Jungkook spent the entirety of dinner trying to avoid looking at his teacher, becoming very interested in his reflection in his fork at one point. Yoongi spent the entirety trying to avoid looking at both adults at the table, still trying to wrap his head around the fact that he had made jokes about his dad and boss having , and he was mortified over that. Jimin spent the entire time glaring at Taehyung, who in turn glared down at his plate and tried to ignore everyone there. Hoseok, however, spent the entire time feeling uncomfortable, not fully aware of everything that was going on between to the two families. So, he took it upon himself to start up the first conversation.

“Uh, Jin?” Jin looked up from his plate startled, not having expected anyone to speak, let alone address him. “This food is delicious! How did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter