Chapter 7

Blended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin skipped up the stairs to his apartment in an elated mood. It had been a couple of weeks since his first kiss with Namjoon, and after a few more late nights at the restaurant together, the younger male had suggested they go on a real date with each other. Once he made it to his living residence, he immediately began to search for his children to tell them that they would be alone for dinner and give them money for pizza, but he was surprised once he found them in their kitchen. Jungkook was sitting on the countertop, shaking a large Ziploc bag that looked like it had chicken and some kind of seasoning in it while Jimin was arranging the finished chicken in a baking dish. “What’s going on in here?”

Both boys looked up at the sound of their dad’s voice, small pouts appearing on their faces. “We wanted to surprise you by having dinner ready when you came up.” Jimin explained, taking the final chicken from Jungkook to place in the dish with the others.

A smile immediately spread across Jin’s face, his chest swelling with a range of emotions the way it did at least once a day from having what he considered to be the absolute best sons in the world. “That was very sweet of you two.” Jin praised them. “Unfortunately, I won’t be eating dinner with you.” Jungkook and Jimin both looked at him with confusion written all over their features. “I have plans~”

“What plans?” Jimin asked, completely curious. “I didn’t think you had friends to hang out with.” Jimin was partially teasing his dad, but it was true, as Jin hadn’t had much time to hang out with friends after his wife fell sick, which resulted in most of his friendships fading.

Jin chuckled slightly at Jimin’s teasing before taking a deep breath, deciding that it would be better to just get it over with rather than keep it a secret. “I met someone a few weeks ago at the store and we’re going on a date tonight~”

Jimin visibly tensed as he picked up the baking dish to place in the oven while Jungkook jumped down from the counter to begin interrogating his dad. “What’s their name? Are they nice? Do they treat you well? When can we meet them?”

Jin had to hold back a laugh at how quickly those questions flew out of his youngest son’s mouth. “It’s only the first date, Jungkook, so you won’t be meeting him anytime soon.” Jin couldn’t help the smile that appeared just from the thought of Namjoon. “But, yes, he is very nice, and I have a good feeling about this date.”

Jimin closed the oven door with a little more force than necessary, but if Jin noticed, he didn’t show it. Jungkook, on the other hand, glanced over at his older brother for a second before looking back at his dad. “I’m really happy for you, Dad, and I’m sure Mom would be too.” It was no secret that Jin’s wife made him promise that he would find someone else that would love him and the boys as much as she did shortly before she passed.

Jimin had remained quiet until Jungkook decided to subtly nudge him, at which point he shook himself out of whatever trance he was in and took a shaky breath. “Yeah, same here. Have fun, Dad~” The older of the teenagers then quickly excused himself to the bathroom.

Jin watched him as he left with concern before turning back to Jungkook. “Is he okay?”

Jungkook was quick to nod. “Yeah, I’m sure he’s just tired or something.”

^^^

Taehyung and Joshua walked into the apartment laughing over something that had happened while they were at the local amusement park with Seungcheol and Jeonghan. The four of them would be spending the night at Seungcheol’s house, but as it was a last-minute plan, they all had to go to their respective homes to get the necessary supplies. Since Joshua lived only a few streets away from Taehyung, the two had agreed to just go to each house together before making their way to Seungcheol’s.

Hoseok popped up from where he had been bent over, pulling dinner out of the oven, as he heard his younger brother come home. “Hey, you’re just in time for dinner~” He held the dish up for Taehyung to see. “We’re having pork chops and potatoes.”

“Actually, I’m just here to get some clothes and stuff,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter