Chapter 1

Blended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi entered the small establishment and walked up to the counter, waiting for the younger, chubby cheeked boy to finish his task. “So a small roast beef meal with a coke?” The boy asked the customer for confirmation, and the older man nodded. “I’ll have that right out for you.” The boy handed off the ticket to another, even younger male who was passing by him into the kitchen before moving down the counter to where Yoongi was waiting. “Can I help you?”

“Yeah, uh,” Yoongi cleared his throat. “I’m here for a job interview with Mr. Kim?” Part of him was worried he had come on the wrong day or at the wrong time and that his possible future employer was not there at the moment.

“Oh yeah, of course!” The boy answered cheerfully before gesturing for Yoongi to follow him, leading him to an office on the far side of the restaurant across from the kitchen. The boy knocked lightly on the door before pushing it open. “Dad, someone’s here about a job.”

Jin looked up from where he was overlooking the revenue from the past month. “Thank you, Jimin~” Jin stood up from his chair as Jimin left the office, closing the door behind him. Jin held his hand out for Yoongi to shake as he introduced himself. “I’m Seokjin~” Yoongi seemed kind of confused over Jin supplying his first name, so the man explained himself. “I’m a very casual person so I always try to be on a first name basis from the beginning. If you get the job, you’ll get to call me by my nickname.”

Yoongi nodded in understanding. “I’m Yoongi.”

Jin shuffled through the papers on his desk to pull out Yoongi’s application that he had printed off in order to review it at home. “Your application is great, considering you didn’t have a resume attached with it.”

Yoongi smiled sheepishly. “Yeah, I’ve kind of never had a job before.”

“That’s okay, I’m not one of those people that expects years of experience from applicants.” Jin assured him. “So why do you want to work here now?”

Yoongi shrugged, deciding to tell the truth instead of coming up with some elaborate story about always wanting to work at a small diner that specialized in all types of dishes. “We just moved here at the beginning of summer and I need a job, and I knew it would be harder to find one once the school year started.”

Jin held back a chuckle. “I admire your honesty. You are the first person to not spin a tale about how this is your undying passion.” Jin calmed down his pushing laughter before moving on. “You’re only 17, when do you turn 18?”

“Not until March.” Yoongi answered, heart dropping when he saw the expression on Jin’s face, believing that he would be turned down for his age.

“I would prefer someone who’s already 18, so that I can leave them in charge should I need to leave the restaurant for whatever reason, but I can work around that.” Yoongi’s spirits lifted again. “I’m going to be honest with you, I’m desperate for another worker. Right now it’s just me and my two sons and it would be a big help if we had a fourth person here, and you’re the first applicant that hasn’t annoyed me, so if you want the job, it’s yours.”

Yoongi’s eyes widened. “Are you serious?” Jin nodded and Yoongi sat up straight. “Of course I’ll take it! Thank you!”

Jin smiled at him. “Thank you for actually being likable.” Jin began to filter through a few more papers on his desk. “You’ll need some first aid training, because we have special considerations h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter