Fanciful - ii

Fanciful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FANCIFUL

by GIRLSTAN

 

ii

 

"So how was the interview?" It was the normal dinner of Hwang. They are all tired and having quality time with the family. "It was nice Appa." SinB answer as she eat the bibimpap her Eomma made. "Did you meet Sir Suho?" Changsub asked. He was putting some meat in Umji and SinB's plate.

"I do, but not formally. His sister was the one who interviewed me." SinB answered. "You mean Yerin?" Changsub was shock. "Why?" SinB was confuse. "Nothing just one rare situation that she was there." Changsub says and ushered his daughters to continue eating and they do.

"Appa, can you buy me a new shoes?" Umji asked. SinB and Minah look at Umji. "Why? Do your shoes were broken?" Changsub asked. Umji shook her head. "Then why?" SinB was annoyed to her sister. Umji know that they don't have money now. But she really need new shoes.

"My classmate was teasing me that I wear the same rubber shoes for three years." Umji told them. Changsub and Minah feel sorry for their daughter not giving her things she needed. Minah hug her daughter and kiss her forehead. "I can tell Mrs. Park that I could wash their blankets so I can buy you new shoes." Minah suggested and smile. SinB scoff, she was annoyed at Umji. She think that Umji need to understand that they are in crisis now. She just graduated, and most of their parents money was paid to her school so she can graduate.

"Mom, you will be tired too much if you did that. I will not allow you." SinB says because she was pretty worried to the health of her mother. "SinB was right honey. I can ask Ilhoon or Seungjae to let me borrow some money." Changsub says. SinB look at her father. That was was a better choice, than letting her mom go laundry.

 

It was SinB's first day at work. She was greeted well and help by her office mate. All SinB needed to do was print the files needed. Give Suho coffee, buy some stuffs needed and that's all. "I wish people here treating you well." SinB was startled and she bow as she see their Boss Suho. "Good morning sir." SinB greeted the man. The man smile at her. "Be comfortable here. Everyone was nice here." Suho smile and excuse himself.

 

After 8 hours of working SinB was able to go home. She decided to walk home. Her money was lack to ride a bus anyway. She doesn't want to bother her mother and father about this. She pass some store and see the bag she like. She smiles she really want that bag. She wish it still have there. Then she see the rubber shoes and she remembers Umji. She sigh again.

"I am so unfortunate. Why life have to be like this? Most of my classmates are having a good life, and me? I feel useless." SinB mumbled and start walking home. Then she see Umji bowing to a girl. "Umji!" SinB called her sister. Umji run immediately to her. "What was that?" SinB asked. "I was qualified to soccer team unnie." Umji was so happy. SinB feel happy for her sister.

She remembers the rubber shoes, and her sister pretty needed now is soccer shoes. They reach the house, they change their clothes and go for the dinner. "Umji was qualified for the soccer team." SinB says happily, though Umji and her have tjeir daily banter she was still her sister and she was proud. Changsub and Minah were happy for their daughter. They congratulate Umji. "We should celebrate." Changsub suggested.

"Dad, we still have many things to spent our money." Umji says. "Umji can we think of the shoe next time? Seungjae wasn't able to lend me money because he was short too. Ilhoon on the other hand sent money to her mom in Gongwando." Changsub says. Umji understand and she nodded. SinB can see her sister was sad. "I can give you the rubber shoes of mine." SinB remember the shoes that her friends in college gave her.

"Unnie that was yours." Umji says. "No you need it more than I do. Beside I know you can take care of it." SinB says. "Wow thanks unnie." Umji wipe her tears and hug her sister. Minah and Changsub smile seeing the two like this.

 

It was one of the uusual day that SinB walk as she need to go home now. Then she see a white Chrysler on the side of the road. "Excuse me? Is there any problem?" SinB asked the girl. The girl was back facing her. "The tire got flat." The girl answer and face her. "Oh Eunbi." Yerin says and smile. SinB was surprised too. "Finally you know my name." SinB chuckles, she know that Yerin is far away from her in terms of status in life, but she feel comfortable talking to Yerin.

"You are walking home?" Yerin asked anyway. She look worried. SinB scratch her nape and nodded.

"That was far." Yerin says. "I can help you with your tire." SinB suddenly offer. She dialled a number of her friend who have mechanic shop. In minutes tow truck came and bring Yerin's car in Mechanic. "Thanks for helping." Yerin says. She smile and look around.

"No problem." SinB says and smile. "I want to offer driving you home, but you see I don't have car. How about walking you home? Sounds good?" Yerin offer, SinB chuckle. Yerin was really cool and she was really amazed by the girl. They start walking Yerin was good ins socialising, they shared some words and she knew some things about Yerin. After some walk they reach the house and SinB show how grateful she is to Yerin. She was about to enter the gate Yerin stop her. She get give the plastic bag that she was holding since they start walking, she remembered that Yerin get that from backseat of her car. "Here." Yerin gave SinB the plastic bag.

"What is it?" SinB asked. "Dad came home from his business trip. He have so many chocolates. She still think that I am cild who always ask for chocolates when she got home for business trip. Anyway half of me still feels like child so I accept them. I just suddenly think of you, and I know Mr. Hwang was a good friend of dad so I want to give you some. Sorry I talk non sense most of the time. So yeah here." Yerin says with a goofy smile. SinB chuckles and get the bag. "Thanks." SinB answers, she look at the plastic bag. Yerin smile again, and she start walking away. SinB was watching her, but then Yerin look back and smile.

"Was it too much if I ask you to help me hail taxi? I am not good with this commute thing." SinB chuckles, she gladly help her.

 

"Here." S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter