Truth or Dare

Pens and Papers

Truth or Dare 


Sinb decided to play truth or dare with Yerin only to prepare the latter for the most unprecedented thing to ever come her way.


---------


It has been two months that Sinb was away from home. But screw the two months that she has not met Yerin for today was her rest day with her! She giddily skipped down the lawn and before she opened the door, she looked at her back and gave a thumbs up to the people hiding in the bushes. She was going to surprise Yerin. 
She opened the doorbell and immediately saw Yerin seated at thier couch munching some chocolates. Sinb smiled, dropped down the bags, and ran towards the brunette. "I'm back!" 


Yerin looked at her and smiled. Sinb frowned. Was she expecting her to come at this hour? Yerin seemed not surprised. 


"You're not surprised?" Sinb asked.


"I am," Yerin answered. "But then again you would always come to the house unnannounced that I think I got used to it." 


Sinb frowned more and Yerin laughed. She kissed Sinb's crown as a sign that even though she was not surprised anymore, Sinb's presence was still on another level. 


"Do you have plans tonight?" Sinb asked Yerin suddenly.


"No, I don't have," 


"Great! I have an idea," Sinb proposed. Truth be told, she knew Yerin does not have any plans for the day that's why she forced herself to finish the work in two months.


"What is it?" 


"Let's play truth or dare," 


"Why the sudden game though?" Yerin could not help but ask why. It was rare for Sinb to ask her since Yerin just even at casual games. But whatever, if it would keep Sinb happy, she would try. 


"Just play with me," Sinb whined. 


"Okay, let's play!"


Sinb was the first one to ask, "Truth or dare?"


"Truth," Yerin answered. She was not ready for some dares. She knew just how Sinb could be savage by throwing in the most difficult and embarassing situations. And a play of truth or dare might be a good example of it. So...no.


"Do you think I'm the most beautiful, talented, and chic girlfriend that you've ever met?" 


"Uhh, of course. You know how much I've been telling you that and I wouldn't get tired of saying that for the rest of my lifetime." Yerin answered to which Sinb just blush. She smiled, "You know I'll be dating you for a lifetime right?" 


"Yeah," Sinb curtly answered as she kissed Yerin's cheek. "Your turn now to ask."


"Truth or dare?"


"I choose dare," Sinb boldly answered. "I just know you'll not give me the hard ones."


"How would you know?" Yerin asked with a smirk playing on her lips.


"I just know it. You love me so much," Sinb shamelessly replied. 


"Yeah, I love you so much so clean the kitchen," 


"Wha--no you don't!" Sinb was taken aback. There was no way Yerin would dare her to clean the kitchen. "You know what I did last time right?"


"That time you nearly burned my kitchen?" Yerin said. "Of course, but cleaning won't make my kitchen burn right? So off you go." 


It was thanks to Yerin's clean-freak nature that Sinb only had to wipe the counter and throw some light trash on to the trash bin. Really, Yerin loved Sinb so much the dare was a bland one. But Sinb thanked Yerin for it. 


"Okay, so truth or dare?"


Yerin pouted as she tried to think of an answer. "Uhm truth?" 


"You should atleast take some dares Yerin," Sinb complained. 


"But I said truth. Next time, I'll go for dare," Yerin compromised. 


"Does it ever crossed your mind if we'll get married someday?" Sinb asked. 


That kept Yerin quiet for awhile. "Not if you would propose to me." 


"But did it ever crossed your mind?" Sinb pressed. 


"Everytime," Yerin answered with a smile. "I told you I'll date you forever even if you're going to be my wife." 


Sinb seemed satisfied with Yerin's answer. "Your turn."


"Truth or dare?"


"Truth."


"But this might be awkward for you," Yerin said warily. Sinb just nodded and urged her to ask. "Have you ever thought of proposing to me?" 


Sinb blushed but she kept her composure. "You ask a difficult one there. To say the truth, I have fleeting thoughts about it." 


Yerin seemed down but still she kept a smile in her face. "At least you thought about it."


"Truth or dare?" Sinb asked. "Oh, you said you'd go for the dare right?"


Sinb hurriedly went to where she dropped her bags and looked for something. Yerin followed her and just watched. Then Sinb gave a paper bag to Yerin and pushed her to the bathroom. "I dare you to wear what  gave you. And don't come out until I told you so." 


Yerin became wary of what was inside the bag. If it were some halloween costume, she would really whack Sinb's head off. She really hates dressing up for halloween.


So Yerin went inside to change and while she was busy inside the bathroom, Sinb hurriedly went out of the house to call for her friends. Immediately, her friends went to decorate the kitchen Sinb just cleaned awhile ago. Yuju and Umji placed balloons all over the living room area. Eunha prepared the cake and wines, and Sowon made sure the camera was set. 


Everything was now in place.


Sinb then knocked, "Are you done there Yerin?"


"Yeah,"


"Come out now." 


Yerin came out of the bathroom but was only greeted by darkness. She was afraid of the dark and so she called for Sinb. "Where are you?"


But a hand held hers and Yerin jolted upon the contact. "Shh, it's me." Sinb assured her. 


"Why is it dark?" 


"It's a blackout," 


"Oh. Too bad you won't see me in a dress," Yerin teased as she was being led by Sinb to God knows where. Well, she could not see a thing, that's why. 


Then someone counted from one to three and the lights went on. Yerin was surprised to see her friends and the living room in a festive mood. How did they manage to pull this off while she was out trying the dress?


"What are you guys doing?" Yerin asked but she was happy nonetheless. She looked at Sinb who was just staring at her. "You like what you're seeing out there?" she teased. 


Sinb shook her head as if to wake up from a trance. "I knew you would look gorgeous in the yellow dress." 


"But why are you guys surprising me?" Yerin asked. 


Then Sinb hold out her hand, gave her a ring. "I don't feel like kneeling or doing those romantic things out there but Sowon and Eunha insisted. But would you like me to kneel?"


"Are we still playing truth or dare?" 


"Yeah, and it's your turn to ask." 


"What is this?" Yerin asked dumbfounded. Just what is Sinb doing, even giving her a ring when she already has one from her? 


"You asked me if I ever have plans on proposing to you so here it is," Sinb said in her most Sinb fashion. "I never have fleeting thoughts about it Yerin. I was always sure about everything that revolves around you. And I have been proposing to you every single time you are to say that you love me." 


Yerin was speechless. She was could not take her eyes off of Sinb like her life depends on it. And here she was, just thinking that it was another day that Sinb would finally be home. But Sinb gave her something new to be surprised at. 


"So now it's my turn. But it will a different kind of truth or dare," Sinb said to Yerin to which everyone got confused. "I will choose for you."


"What did you choose for me?"


"A truth Yerin," Sinb started. "Do you want to date me forever?"


Yerin smiled. "I already answered you a billion times. Of course I do."


"Then there's a dare left. I dare you to show me how you will date me forever." Sinb dared. 


Yerin removed the ring Sinb gave her first and put on the new one. Sinb just watched her do it and smiled. Then Yerin smiled too and locked her lips to the one she promised to date for the rest of her lifetime.