Weather, Traffic, Lipstick (1)

Pens and Papers

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with us?" Eunha asked the duo worriedly. "The news said that the weather will remain worse for another three hours." 


"We'll do just fine bunny," Sowon started to speak as she grabbed her purse over the side table. "This rain is nothing compared to the hurricane we had a year ago. That was much worse."


"Well honestly, I won't mind staying at your house for the entire night Eunha," Yerin said to the bob haired girl. "But your girlfriend needs someone to accompany her at her apartment. She still has a lot of things to arrange there before her parents visit the place."


"So might as well brave this storm we have right now." Sowon finished. She pecked Eunha's cheek and was aiming for the door when Eunha halted the duo from going outside. 


Eunha had invited her friends for a get together since the three of them haven't met for awhile. Both Eunha and Yerin are still attending college but in different private universities while Sowon had just graduated a year ago and was currently engrossed at her work she seldom finds time to bond with her girlfriends. When Eunha found out that Sowon has managed to buy her own place and was planning to file a for a one day leave for that, she invited her friends to stay over at her place. Yerin at that time got her new class schedule and was lucky to have her weekends off from classes and agreed at Eunha's invite. 


When the trio met at Eunha's place, it was already raining. There had been news of a storm coming and that signal levels were being announced but that didn't stop the three of them to meet up. And despite the rough weather, the three went malling for an entirety of six hours going through some shops and even watching a movie that stars Sowon's favorite actress. It was only when the three of them finished having lunch at a restaurant when Eunha saw people crowding at the exit of the mall. Sowon, being the tallest of them, easily saw what was causing the people to crowd at the exit and saw that it was flooding outside and concluded that it won't subside with the heavy rain and gusts of wind still present. 


The three decided to find for another exit that was not flooded and managed to hail a cab going back to Eunha's place. Sowon had her car that day but decided to leave it at Eunha's because looking for a parking slot inside the mall would take her some time. And now that they were inside Eunha's place, Yerin decided to sleep while the two girlfriends cuddled on the couch with Sowon side hugging Eunha and reading some magazines while Eunha was channel surfing. But when Sowon's cellphone alarm goes off reminding her of finishing arranging her things at her place and news flash informing of the weather came did Sowon decided to take her leave. Of course Eunha was saddened by that fact since she haven't gotten Sowon all to herself on that day but she knew Sowon must arrange her things before her parents' visit. Sowon then went to wake Yerin up and the duo was ready to head back to Sowon's place. 


"I really can't change your mind. Well then, take care and message me went the both of you reached your apartment." Eunha said flatly but went to kiss Sowon on the lips. The kiss got heated and it seemed the both of them don't want to let go of the kiss yet with Sowon wrapping her arms around Eunha and the latter's hand entangled on the former's neck. 


 "Erhm," Yerin coughed. "As much as I really like to see the both of you making out in front of me, I really am not in the mood right now for that."


Having heard Yerin's complaint, they went to lean away from each other with flustered faces. Obviously, they had forgotten that they were not alone inside the house. "Yeah, right." Sowon said while rubbing the back of her nape. "We have to go now Eunha."


Yerin came out first and went inside the passenger seat while Sowon immediately followed suit. They waved Eunha their good byes and set out going to the taller's apartment. It didn't took them a while in realizing that travelling in the midst of a storm with flash floods and heavy traffic along the way was such a pain in the . 


"Oh my god, why don't you move already?!" Sowon complained while hitting the blowhorn signalling the car in front of them to move but it didn't. Instead, another car cut through their lane and went to occupy the space in front of the car Sowon was following. "What the freakin--"


She stopped once a cold substance hit her lips and glared back at Yerin. 


"I just thought that ice cream could cool you off." Yerin stated and Sowon took a bite of the ice cream Yerin just made her stop complaining. "We're not even thirty minutes from taking off from Eunha's place and the country was in this state and you're in foul mood already."


"Well this traffic is making this weather hard to go by," Sowon replied but kept her deadly stre a the car in front. "And that car is just so freaking getting on my nerves right now." 


"Well what can we do?" Yerin said nonchalantly. She was getting annoyed too with  the time they're wasting dealing on the traffic alone but she thought that she should control voicing out her irritability when it was clear that Sowon was cursing her annoyance out loud. Someone has to remain cool between the two of them and Sowon just won't be the one. 


It took another thirty minutes before the traffic went smoothly again and they saw what was causing it. "So it was because of two cars hitting each other. Yeah right." Yerin said uninterested as they passed by the two cars with its drivers cussing at each other. 


Sowon's place was only  an hour travel from Eunha's but because of the traffic they went through, Yerin predicted that they could come home even more late than it was. And she was right, because when they had entered the high way leading up to the city to where Sowon's apartment was located, they were greeted by a long line of red lights blaring at them. 


"Oh great," Sowon grunted. "Just when could we reach that damn apartment?!" She was exasperated but could not do anything since they were in the middle of the high way and turning back was not one of the options. 


It was this time that Yerin just sighed too because she was tired of dealing with Sowon's annoyance. She adjusted her seat and looked at her right side looking for something that could help her ease the irrtiation she's been feeling. But she found nothing and sighed once more. "We should have accepted Eunha's invite of staying the night there."


"Trust me I want it more than you do," Sowon replied as she busied herself opening a granola she had been keeping inside her bag. "If only my Godzilla-wrecked-like place isn't Gozilla-wrecked-like anymore, I could already imagine what we'd do tonight." 


"Ew," Yerin said uamused at her unnie's subtle decalration of making out with her girlfriend. "You're really vocal about that right now?" 


Sowon looked at Yerin incredously. "Excuse me, but if you were in my shoes, I think you're way more grosser than me." 


"Yah!" Yerin said in defiance. "I maybe gay but I'm not that vocal like you!"


"Yeah, whatever." Sowon said and suddenly her eyes widened when a truck managed to cut through their lane. "What the freaking hell is this car in front even doing?!"


Yerin turned her attention to where Sowon was annoyed at again and saw the same car Sowon had complains before. The car let a truck cut through their lane when it could easily manage to move forward but it didn't. "Looks like it was the same car awhile back."


"It is?" Sowon asked and looked at the plate number. "Oh yeah, it is."


"Well, just keep eating your granola unnie. No more bad vibes please." Yerin said to Sowon. She sensed that the latter was on a verge of having an argument with the driver in front of them and she would not let it happen. Their night was worse and she doesn't want to be worser that it already was. 


And so one hour, two hours, three hours had gone by with them stuck in the middle of the high way and it looked like they would have to stay the night inside the car. "I should have left you alone in this one unnie. I might be having a good night's sleep at Eunha's right now." Yerin complained under her breath. She doesn't care anymore as she was having a hard time adjusting her body to her seat so she could take a decent nap. 


"I heard you," Sowon fired back. She was now more grumpy than ever because all she ever wanted to do was to get home and clean her god damn apartment, but obviously the weather and traffic made it impossible for to do. 


"Oh but all I want is a good night sleep," Yerin whined. "But here we are stuck in the middle of the highway with this traffic and a storm flashing floods to how many roads there is with you being grumpy and you know what's worse of all?"


"What?" Sowon asked. She was getting sleepy albeit still being grumpy about their situation. 


"I haven't seen someone worthy of my attention today. I was stucked with you lovebirds the whole day. What a sad life I have."


"What?" Sowon laughed at the statement. She thought there was something more worse than the other three things Yerin said, but the fourth one, she found so ridiculous that she laughed at her dongsaeng. Yerin looked to her annoyed but the taller just laughed at her more. "Look at this gay not being vocal."


"It's true! I'm not vocal about it," Yerin countered. "I didn't even say it if it's a girl of a boy, a kid or a grown up."


"Yeah, but saying you're gay compels me to think you haven't met some girl worthy of drooling at." 


Yerin glared at Sowon who was having a good time teasing her now. "Yah! I think I  prefer you being grumpy with the traffic!" 


The two continued their banter when a police tapped Sowon's window. "Yes Sir?" Sowon asked. 


"We'd like to inform you that there's a waist-deep flood ahead and that the road is not passable. But we are currently coordinating with the fire department to off the flood to make it passable." 


"Oh thank you Sir," Sowon thanked the police. "But can we know when could we pass?"


"We will inform you once the flood is managed. Have a good night then ladies." The police answered and left them approaching other vehicles behind them. 


"So we're officially stuck right here unnie," Yerin declared. 


"Yeah. And by the looks of it, hotels are out of the options too." Sowon answered. "It's impossible to leave this car with the both of us checked in or if there is even a vacant room left at this kind of stuation." 


So both of them took their tired bodies to sleep inside the taller's SUV and it only took an hour for Yerin to wake up from the sudden call of nature. "Why now?" She grunted under her breath then she remembered she have been wanting to pee ever since they caught their frist traffic jam of the night. It was 1:00 in the morning that time and Yerin had trouble thinking on where could she could answer nature's call. She examined the back of the SUV and looked for a possible container but didn't find any. Like I could pee inside unnie's SUV and hell no would I do that. I don't trust these tinted windows of unnie. Yerin thought. She tried to look for a possible place near them but found closed shops and a darkened area with only lights coming from the cars stucked and street lights. 


"Ugh, I couldn't take this any longer." Yerin said and decided to take some tissues with her and gently woke Sowon up. "Unnie, I'll just find some place to pee." 


"Okay, just get back immediately." Sowon tiredly replied her. 


Yerin then went out of the car and started passing by the cars to look for a place where she could address her current problem. It took her three minutes before she could spot a gasoline station and ran all the way. There were cars parked and people chatting killing the time off from all the wait until the roads could be opened again. Yerin didn't think of even having a conversation with them and went to search for the comfort room. 


Once she was finished, she headed out and was prodding her way back to Sowon's car when she saw someone that caught her eyes. It was a cotton candy-haired girl sporting a dark blue jacket and ripped jeans partnered with Martens. She was walking in front Yerin but Yerin was still in awe in seeing the girl's back figure. Not wasting anymore time, Yerin caught up with the girl and the girl sensed that she was not alone. 


The girl stopped in her tracks and looked at whoever caught up with her and saw a pair of eyesmiles greeting her. Yerin, on the other hand, suddenly couldn't articulate any words to say back to the most good looking woman she met that day. Yerin just continued to stare back at the woman, eyesmiles gone, but now sporting awe in it. 


Yerin thought that if the backside was all in its glory then seeing the girl up front made the girl more look like a goddess. No, scratch that, she was meeting a goddess in her physical human state. And not just any goddess, Yerin thought, she was meeting a hot one.  


"Uhm? Hey?" The woman asked her.  


  
------

 

"What took you so long?" Sowon asked as Yerin closed the door beside her. "Didn't find any comfort rooms?"


"I did," Yerin answered. "And she was hot one." Obviously, she had mistaken Sowon's question if she had met someone and put Sowon to raise a brow on it. 


"You're what?" 


"I said I met someone," Yerin said still smiling. "And she's a hot one."


"Oh my god Yerin, in the wee hours of the morning and being stucked in this place," Sowon said exasperatingly. "You sure, you're not being vocal here?" 


Yerin quirked an eyebrow. "Cut with the vocal thing unnie. I just said she's hot."


"I know," Sowon replied. "And I know how many meanings there could be when you said that she's hot." 


"Yah!" Yerin said and slapped Sowon's shoulders. Her cheeks flamed red when she remembered something that happened awhile ago. "I didn't imagine any. Swear! She just looked so freaking hot and gorgeous." 


"So how did it went?" Sowon started asking.


"Oh it was good." 


"Now that was an aswer I did't expect from such a blabbermouth like you," Sowon said. Yerin was never the type to answer things shortly, this Sowon knew, and if the girl would answer short, then something might have happened. 


"It was good alright. I talked to her, she talked to me. Basically we had a small conversation that's all." Yerin said not being able to look at Sowon's eyes. 


"Something happened," Sowon urged on.


"Don't imagine things unnie," Yerin said shortly. She wanted their conversation to end since her cheeks are betraying her already. 


"But something really happened," Sowon pressed. "And I bet that was her lipstick right there."   

 

---

And I'm back from the dead!