Mini Bar

Pens and Papers

"C'mon unnie," Eunha pleaded to her unnie as she tried to pull Yerin towards the lobby of the resort. "Just this time. Please?? I want to see their mini bar here."



Yerin was tired the whole day because of their trip and yet her sister, Eunha, doesn't seem to mind the long hours of travel. Her sister still has a lot of energy and when she knew that there was a mini bar where you could jam to all sorts of music, Eunha was more giddy to bring sister there. 



"You could go there alone Eunha," Yerin said dismissively as she tried to let go from Eunha's grasp. "Let me rest for a while."



Eunha pouted signalling that she's nearing being grumpy. "You're such a killjoy unnie."



"Trust me Eunha, you wouldn't like my company in there either." Yerin said as she lightly pushed her sister towards the mini bar. "Enjoy the night bunny!"



Eunha pouted more to her sister and Yerin knew thay she just gave up the fight with the cuteness displayed in front of her. "Okay bunny, let me rest for ten minutes and I'll follow you."



Eunha's face lighted up at the compromise her unnie made with her. "I'll call you after ten minutes unnie. Okay?"



Yerin sighed. "Yeah, okay."



Eunha went to the mini bar when she heard that the music started playing while Yerin, on the other hand, went to their designated room. Yerin placed her things at one corner of the room and slumped her tired body at the closest bed she could find. She played music through her phone and she found herself relaxed. This was what Yerin desired more than anything else since they arrived at the place. Slowly, she fell asleep.



She was awoken when she felt cold and realized that she had slept too much. She checked her phone and was surprised that Eunha really did call her. Not once, but fifteen times!



"Oh shoot!" Yerin said and hurriedly changed clothes and went outside to meet her sister inside the mini bar. 


But she didn't find any trace of her sister inside the bar. It seemed that her sister went somewhere else. 


-where did you go?- (Yerin)


She returned her phone to her pocket and went inside the bar. She immediately heard music playing but what caught her attention was the woman singing in front.

 

The girl was in her white t-shirt and faded jeans. Simple, but to Yerin, the girl rocked the outfit. Added to the cool charm Yerin was put under was the pink wavy hair of the singer and those orbs that kept looking her way. Well, Yerin thought that.



Yerin became lulled to the vocals of the singer that she forgot to look for her sister. She took a seat at the farthest corner and ordered herself a drink while still indulging herself at the beauty in front of the stage.

 

The singer finished her third song and was about to end the session for the night. People were beginning to disperse at the scene but Yerin stayed still. Instead of going out, she handed a piece of paper to a waiter coming her way and instructed to give it to the singer who was beginning to clean up her things.

 

The singer was stopped by the waiter and arched her eyebrows at the sudden stoppage. "What is it?"



"Someone requested for a song." The waiter said and handed the singer the piece of paper. Then the waiter jogged his way back to clean the mess people left behind the bar.

 

The singer's eyes searched for a possible someone who requested the song but found the bar almost deserted. Well, except for the waiter and a woman seated at the farthest corner. She crossed her eyebrows as she found the woman also looking at her, and if looks could talk, it felt to the singer that the woman was signalling her to open and read the letter. So she opened it and there it read a song from The Script. 



And so the singer began to sing what was requested to her. But while singing, she thought thay maybe the woman who requested the song was probably in love and much satisfied at her current situation. And when the song ended, she was surprised that another piece of paper came her way as she stepped down the stage. She looked at the piece of paper and the to the person who wanted to give it to her. 



And there before her was Yerin who was smiling with her eyes and extending the hand to which the piece of paper was held. "You wanted another one?" The singer asked. 



"Would you mind?" Yerin asked innocently. "I mean, I could spare another buck for one song."



The singer at first hesitated though it wasn't her first time to be requested for another song. And no it wasn't that there was money involved since it was her job in the first place. It was because it took her awhile to silently gawk at the beauty in front of her especially when that individual smile at her. "N-no, I-I don't mind actually." She stuttered and silently scolded herself for stuttering never knowing that Yerin was silently adoring her.



Yerin went to seat on the first row of tables while the singer went to the small stage. Yerin watched the singer open the piece of paper and looked for a reaction in the latter's face. The singer raised another eyebrow and went to look at which Yerin predicted the singer would do.



"Uhm, this is not a song am I right?" The singer confusedly asked. 



"But you can answer it, right?" 



"Well," the singer thought for a moment. "It's Hwang Eunbi. People call me by Sinb and I don't mind being called that."



Yerin smiled a playful one but not the kind of being flirtatious. "Suits you."



"What did you say?" 



"Oh, I said you're cute!" Yerin said. She pinched Sinb's cheek out of habit and the latter flushed at the sudden contact. "Can I request another song?"



"S-sure." Sinb stuttered and all the more Yerin adored her. 



"Sing me 'All About Us' by He is We," Yerin answered her. "And then, answer my question next."



"I didn't know that my job wouldn't be only to sing here." Yerin put her eye smile and Sinb just shied away when she looked at her. "Alright."



And so Sinb sang again and Yerin found her self being lulled by the singer's voice. For Yerin, it feels like she could sleep for another ten hours--not becuase it was bad but Sinb's voice was just soothing. Then when Sinb finished the song, Yerin was still in her trance-like state that Sinb had to get off the stage and wave her hand in front of Yerin. 



"Hey," Sinb said. "You still okay there?"



"Yeah. Actually, you caught me with your vocals." Yerin answered her as she went out of her trance. "Oh, answer me now!"



"But you didn't ask a question."



"Oh yeah right," Yerin said while locking her hair with her fingers. "Are you done for the night?"



'Wait, is she asking me out?' Sinb thought. She didn't mind though since she she was originally retiring for the night when Yerin requested her to sing some songs. Another factor on that was she also wants to have this particular girl's company. Sinb haven't much dwell on the idea on why she suddenly want this person's company but she sensed that she'll have a good time with her. Call it crazy since she just met this woman but, she wants what she wants. "Yeah, why?"



"Could you accompany me while looking for my sister?" Yerin started. "Actually, I was supposed to meet her here but I found you singing and forgot about looking for her."



Sinb raised ab eyebrow. Okay, so Yerin wants her to look for her sister. So much from expecting, Sinb thought to herself. But she didn't let her emotions be read from her face and instead tried to tease Yerin. "Now what kind of sister are you? Getting distracted for a moment and forgot to look for her sister. I guess you fell for me huh."



"Maybe," Yerin replied. "Who wouldn't get distracted seeing such a gorgeous lady rocking that outfit and with a soothing voice?"



Sinb turned red at the compliment. She knows she's good at whatever she does and often get praised for what she's doing but Yerin's compliment made her heart skipped a beat or two at that. The reason? She doesn't know really, but she felt warm when she received the compliments. "L-let's just look for your sister shall we?"



"Aww, look at you, changing the subject." Yerin said as she pinched Sinb's cheeks again. "Can we go on with our conversation while looking for her?"



"W-why?"



"Becuase I'm starting to like your reactions." Yerin simply said then went dangerously close to Sinb letting her breath graze through Sinb's cheeks. Then she whispered, "It's enough to get me distracted."



Sinb tensed when she felt Yerin got close to her and turned twenty more shades of red when Yerin whispered those words to her. "Yah! Don't invade my space!" She complained as she lightly pushed Yerin away from her. She couldn't let Yerin know that she liked the contact though. 



"Unnie!" 



Both Yerin and Sinb turned arounf to look where the voice came from and they saw two girls with one sporting a bob cut hair and the other, well Sinb knew who the other was. 



"Looks like someone enjoyed the bar more than me," the bob cut haired girl said while nudging Yerin's side. "Care to introduce her to your sister?"



'So this is her sister,' Sinb said to herself.



"Sinb-ssi, this is Eunha, my cute bunny sister. And Eunha, this is Sinb-ssi." Yerin introduced them to one another. "And you are?" She directed the question to the girl who was beside her sister. 



"Yuju," Yuju said. "A singer same with Sinb here."



"Oh," Yerin said her eyes obviously twinkling when she heard that Yuju was a singer. "I bet you're also and amazing singer! Let me hear some!"



But Eunha stopped Yuju from entertaining Yerin's request. "Nope unnie."



"But why?" Yuju asked in confusion. 



"Well unnie has a thing with singers and dancers," Eunha said and saw her unnie's face denying the fact which made the three of them laugh at her reaction. Well except for one. "I wouldn't dare suggest that you heed her request Yuju-ssi if you don't want to get hounded by this unnie of mine."



"You talk as if I'm not your sister!" Yerin said.



The trio was having a good time exchanging conversations until Eunha suggested they go for a walk along the shore. Yuju agreed and went to tag along with Eunha already skipping down the stairs toward the open beach.



"Looks like you've found your sister." Sinb said monotonously. It was a while since she had spoken since Yerin learned that Yuju was a singer. She saw the twinkle in thos eyes and Sinb felt angry. She doesn't know why but there was a knot in her chest when she saw that. "I'll be going home then. Thanks for the night."



Yerin sensed something was off and stopped Sinb from going out the bar. "Are you okay?"



"I'm fine. I just feel tired."



"Let me guess," Yerin said as she took hold of Sinb's hand. Yerin figured out what was bothering Sinb but felt the need to press it to the other girl. "Is it related with what my sister told Yuju?"


"What part?" Sinb said dismissively not knowing Yerin was smiling her brightest that night. 


"Didn't even deny if it was something with what Eunha said huh," 


"W-what are you talking about?" Sinb stuttered as she realized what she just said. 



"So it us something related to that," Yerin started and Sinb tried to get away from Yerin. "Let me guess, that I'm into singers and Yuju-ssi happened to be the same as you? Are you perhaps jealous Sinb-ssi?"


"How could I when this is the first time we met?" Sinb answered back. "And hell no would I get jealous over that." 


"So you could be," Yerin said gaining more confidence by the minute. "You're too adorable Sinb-ssi."


Yerin laced her fingers with Sinb's and the latter could only look at their fingers entwined together. "What are you doing?" 


"Well there was this girl called Sinb who gets jealous over small things when I just practically told her that she's enough distraction for me to even forget about looking for my sister," Yerin said to Sinb looking for the latter's reaction. "So I decided to hold her hand despite still being a stranger to her, hoping I could befriend her and ease her stupid jealousy."


"Wha---that was not stupid!" Sinb said in denial then got her eyes wide when she realized failed her the second time. 


Yerin chuckled. "See, not even denying it anymore." 


"Yah!" Sinb said as her face gre hotter and Yerin getting herself amused at the sight. 


"Can I ask one more question?" Yerin suddenly asked. 


"What is it?" Sinb said as she tried to compose herself. 


"Can I be your friend?" 



Sinb looked at Yerin for a moment figuring if the girl was serious or not. They were having a good conversation and it felt to Sinb that they've just became friends so why still ask? She was kind of expecting a different kind of question from her. 


"Just a friend?" Sinb asked and saw Yerin smiled for the nth time. Then she realized she thought too loud. 


Yerin tightened her grip as she saw Sinb ready to deny herself once more abd webt close to the panicked girl. "You want something more Sinb-ssi?"


"N-no!" Sinb answered immediately not knowing she was already making cute faces that made Yerin adore her more. 


"Okay, I won't press it. So we're officially friends am I right Sinb-yah?" Yerin immediately dropped the formality. "Can we follow Eunha and Yuju-ssi down the shore?"


"Why still ask me that?" 


"I don't know. Maybe because I would ask a lot of questions from you starting now."


"Ask me anything. But what kind first?" Sinb said as her thought travelled to what kind of questions would it be in the future. 


"Time could only tell," Yerin sajd as she started leading the way out of the bar. "But I think I just found my would be favorite question in the future."


"Already?" Sinb asked as she let Yerin lead the way. "And what is it?" 


"Something related to what you just asked me but that would be in the future Sinb-ah. So don't think about it."