Parents

Pens and Papers

"Yuju-ah," a soothing and yet cute voice said. "C'mon darling, wake up. You don't want to be late for school now." Yuju's eyes slowly fluttered open and saw her mother's crescent eyes greeting her good morning. She doesn't want to wake up yet but hearing school reminded her of meeting her bestfriend, Eunha, and so she raised both of her hands for her mother to raise her.

"Eomma," Yuju lazily said. "Do I still need to shower?"

Her mother giggled at Yuju's statement. "Of course darling. You don't want to smell bad in front of Eunha-ya right?"

"But it's coooooollllddd," Yuju commented while being led to the bathroom.

"I'll make it warm for you then," her mother said. Then she let Yuju take off her clothes while she prepared the hot bath.

"Do you think Eunha will take a bath also?" Yuju weirdly asked.

"Of course darling," her mother said while chuckling. She was used to her daughter's weird questions that she hardly find it queer. "Why would you think of that?"

Yuju went to the tub, her mother prepared for her and smiled widely when the water's warm this time. She looked at her mother while she clumsily took a seat inside the tub. "Because we talked yesterday about not having to shower! What if she really didn't took a bath? She'll be angry at me eomma..."

Her mother saw Yuju's cute pouting and chuckled more. She started doing Yuju's hair with shampoo in her hands. "She'll take a bath Yuju-ah, believe me, her mother won't like Eunha-ya to smell bad as well. So don't feel like she's going to hate you, okay?"

"But will her eomma do that?" Yuju asked once more before her mother started rinsing her hair.

"Of course she would darling."

----

"Sinb-eomma!" Little Eunha grumpily called her mother's name. She tried to wake her mother up for quite awhile but her mother just won't budge. She tried pulling off the blankets and went to sit on top of mother while shaking her. "I'll be late for school!"

"I heard you kid," her mother said in a muffled voice. "Give your eomma another 5 minutes and we'll be ready."

Eunha pouted and crossed her arms. She doesn't want to be late for school. She hated it. It steals her playtime with her bestfriend before classes starts. "But I want to meet Yuju now..."

Sinb heard her daughter's whine that she smiled from beneath the pillows. "Only if you kiss eomma."

Eunha suddenly lunged forward to her mother and took away the pillow covering her mother's face. "Alright Sinb-eomma, a kiss and you'll wash me." She attacked her mother with fast kisses that they ended up tickling each other. Eunha was laughing hard as she dodged her now awake mother's attack of tickles. "Eomma!"

"Alright kiddo," Sinb finally ended the tickles. "Let's get you cleaned up. You're stinking already."

----

"Alright children!" Umji said to her class. "Listen to me first okay? After this I'll let you play at the play room."

The children stopped whatever they were doing at that moment when they heard that they will be able to play more hours at the play room. Yuju and Eunha, on the other hand, are trying their best to contain their giggles because they have been playing 'PANTS.' Umji noticed this and went to their tables and took a peek at the paper. "Eunha-yah, Yuju-ah, listen to me first please?" She asked cutely and both kids nodded their heads.

Now that Umji got all the children's attention to her, she proceeded to announce their assignment. "Okay kids, so next week would be our parent-teacher meeting and I want you to tell to your parents that they need to come. And for your special assignment on this, I want you to introduce your parents to us in a letter or any kind of presentation and I will give plus points and extended minutes of playing time in the play room to the one who will introduce their parents uniquely."

The kids joyfully screamed and went hyper because they will be able to play more. Some were telling Umji that they will draw their parents and some said that they would sing. Little Yuju's eyes twinkled at the mention of extended minutes in their play room and quickly took her notebook and think of a way to introduce her mother.

"What are you doing Yuju?" Eunha asked. She has still yet to think of a way to introduce her mother but found her bestfriend being busy writing on her notebook.

"I'm going to write a song for eomma!" Yuju exclaimed. "Then I would sing in front. Oh! I could sing for you too!"

"How are you going to write a song?" Eunha asked, confused.

Yuju let out a cute 'hmmm' to her bestfriend's inkling before answering. "I don't know. I think I'll ask eomma to do it for me."

"What?" Eunha said, perplexed. "Then what are you doing just now?"

Yuju looked at her notebook full of words that don't even make up a sentence. "Uhh, I was sure what I want to do but when you asked, I suddenly don't know what I'm doing."

"You really are weird Yuju," Eunha said while offering her bestfriend a jibang plushie she was playing just a while ago.

----

Yerin came to Source Prep School to fetch her daughter. She was just on time as she saw Yuju and Eunha sprinting towards her. "How's school darling?" She asked Yuju when the latter clung to her open arms.

"Good afternoon Yerin-eomma!" Eunha greeted her bestfriend's mother. Yerin told her that since she's Yuju's bestfriend, she should call her eomma too and since then Eunha would adress Yerin as her other mother outside her house.

"Good afternoon too Eunha-yah," Yerin greeted as well. "You two seemed to play a lot today. You're both sweating."

The two giggled at Yerin's statement and Yuju told her mother all the things they did for the day with Eunha laughing at her bestfriend's way of narrating things. They were having a joyous conversation with Yerin listening to both girls' exciting stories and wiping both girls' backs with towels she bought with her. Yuju told Yerin about the parent-teaching meeting next week and how would she introduce her to class.

"Then how would you introduce me?" Yerin asked.

"Oh, she told me that she will sing in front of us but she don't know how to write a song," Eunha answered in behalf of her bestfriend. Just then, someone entered the lobby and Eunha suddenly ran to that someone. "Sinb-eomma!"

Sinb stooped to hug Eunha and ruffled the child's hair. Eunha pouted that her hair have been disheveled and Sinb smiled widely. "How's school today kid?"

"You're late!" Eunha replied while sulkily clinging ato Sinb's neck. "Where did you go all this time?"

Sinb chuckled. "Mianhae, Sinb-eomma stayed a little bit at her office to finish some work. But hey, I'm here now! See!" She then rubbed Eunha's back to sooth the sulking child. "Are you the only one left behind?"

Eunha leaned away from her mother and a wide smile can be seen on her face. "I'm with Yuju and her mother!" She turned her back and pointed at the coming Yuju and Yerin towards them.

Sinb looked to where Eunha was pointing at and saw Yuju running towards them with a woman trailing behind. She knew Yuju since she had a couple of times meeting her with her daughter but it will be her first time meeting Yuju's mother.

"Good afternoon Eunha's eomma!" Yuju happily chirped.

"Hi there Yuju!" Sinb exclaimed. She then went to stand up straight and tried to take a good look at the woman in front. "Good day to you Yuju's mom"

Yerin, on the other hand, smiled. "I'm Yerin and you must be Sinb-eomma."

Sinb and Yerin continued to stare and smiled at each other, or maybe it was just Sinb, since the latter haven't returned the introduction Yerin made. Eunha noticed her mother's long pause and nudged Sinb's thigh. "Ow!"

"Don't be rude Sinb-eomma!" Eunha hissed cutely.

Sinb was taken aback at the sudden nudge by her daughter that she was sent back to her senses. She flustered when she looked again to a chuckling Yerin and a confused Yuju. Oh brother, what a good first impression you have there Sinb. "Ah yeah, it's me. Thank you by the way for looking after this kid while I'm away."

"It's okay," Yerin politely replied. "Actually it's not that long when I came here. I think, we'll be going home now. Nice meeting you Sinb-ssi."

Yerin gestured Yuju to say her goodbyes and Yuju bowed in front of Sinb and smiled at Eunha. "See you tomorrow Eunha!" Yuju said with a wide smile.

"See you tomorrow too Yuju and Yerin-eomma!" Eunha said as she waved back to her bestfriend. Then she went to look at her mother who was still standing there looking at nothing. "Sinb-eomma?"

"Ah, yes kid?" Sinb replied. She then returned her gaze at her daughter. "Let's go home shall we? I might treat you to ice cream today."

Eunha smiled and held Sinb's hands with hers as she dragged her mother outside. "You're weird there Sinb-eomma. You looked like Yuju."

"I look like who?" Sinb asked.

"I said you looked like Yuju. You're acting weird in front of Yerin-eomma. Why is that?" Eunha said.

Sinb smirked. "My my, little Eunha's got sharp observing skills. I wonder whom did you inherit that?"

"I maybe only 5 years old Sinb-eomma, but I think I'm not as dense as you are," Eunha sarcastically replied. Sinb was about to scold Eunha about her talking but remembered that Eunha must have gotten that side of hers from her. Geez, kids these days.

-----

"Uhm eomma?" Yuju asked Yerin. Today was their grocery day and both were at the snacks aisle to choose from. Yuju was very eager to finish her assignment and Yerin was helping her. But Yuju, having a very short attention span, they ended up watching kids' shows instead. And now that they are in the grocery, Yuju kept asking questions on what should she put in her song.

"Darling, could we stop first with the questions?" Yerin said to her daughter while contemplating between two cans of picnics. "Eomma is trying to think between these snacks."

"But I haven't asked any questions yet," Yuju sulkily said and crossed her arms.

Yerin didn't bother to look at her daughter and instead gave her two cans of picnics to choose from. "Pick whatever you want from those two flavors and we'll go our way."

Yuju, still pouting raised her right hand with the ketchup flavored picnic.

"You want that?" Yerin said incredously. "Honey, you don't eat that flavor."

"Well I want now eomma," Yuju said. Yerin smiled at the cute Yuju and pinched both her cheeks. "Owwwwww...."

"Okay baby girl, one more question and we'll go our way." Yerin said as she stopped pinching Yuju. "What is it darling?"

Just then, they heard a crashing sound near them. Yuju and Yerin turned around and saw Eunha and Sinb putting back the snacks that fell down from the shelf. Obviously, their cart has crashed from the shelf causing all the clutter.

"Eunha!" Yuju beamed. She dropped from being sulky to being happy in less than a second. All by seeing Eunha.

Eunha heard her name being called and she turned to her right and saw a waving Yuju with Yerin. "Yuju!" She ran all the way to the duo forgetting to help her mother stack the snacks that fell. "Good morning Yerin-eomma! You're going grocery today?"

"Yeahp!" Yuju answered her. Yerin brought Yuju down from the cart to have the bestfriends talk to each other.

"I think it would be a good idea if you could entertain ypur bestfriend here with her questions," Yerin talked to Eunha which the latter happily obliged. "I'll just help your Sinb-eomma there okay?"

Yerin went to Sinb who didn't felt her presence getting near her. And when she finally took notice of the other woman, she was caught surprised that she nearly dropped the snacks in her hands. Yerin chuckled while she helped the woman get her balance. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah just a little surprised," Sinb stuttered. Since when did you stutter Sinb? Probably only now. "I didn't see you coming."

Yerin smiled together with her eyes. "It seems to me that you're that type that's easily getting surprised." She helped Sinb rearranging the snacks together with some staffs of the mart.

After they rearranged what Sinb's cart crashed into, they went to where the two kids were and saw that Yuju and Eunha were giggling and laughing. Possibly because of Yuju's weird antics again.

----

"There's something going on with you Sinb-eomma," Eunha started as Sinb finished buckling her seatbelt. "You never stutter in front of everyone I know. Only with Yerin-eomma."

"You don't know everyone I meet kid," Sinb answered as they went out of the parking lot. "And of course I'll stutter, I was surprised seeing her there."

Little Eunha raised a brow at the question. "Not to me, I guess."

"Now what are you trying to imply there little one?" Sinb challenged her daughter.

Eunha cutely pouted at her mother though she knew thay her mother won't look at her since she's driving. "Uhm, that I don't mind having another mother?" Sinb suddenly halted which made Eunha leaned in front because of the sudden force. Eunha was shocked and glared at her mother because her hamburger fell on the car floor. "I'm going to sue you for reckless driving Sinb-eomma!"

"Why you kid!" Sinb glared too at her daughter. She's becoming too much! Why did I even...ugh! She thought. "Why did you even say that?"

"The 'what' Sinb-eomma?" Eunha asked innocently teasing her mother.

"Oh so you're really going to do that huh?" Sinb dared. "Okay, no more hamburgers for a week."

Little Eunha's eyes widen at the mention of hamburger ban for a week. "That's unfair Sinb-eomma!"

----

"Why is Sinb-eomma like that?" Yuju asked Eunha.

School was finished and both were fetched by their mothers. Yerin and Sinb came at the right time to fetch them and decided to grab afternoon snacks together. They took out burgers and fries and went to a nearby park. The reason? Actually, it was more like Sinb's idea and Eunha just went with the flow telling that she wanted more play time with Yuju.

"Oh Sinb-eomma's weird all the time," Eunha deadpanned. She was more interested in eating her hamburger.

"More weirder than stuttering and tumbling?" Yuju pointed out while taking out some fries and munching them.

"About that," Eunha looked at her bestfriend. "She's starting to creep me out."

Yuju nodded exaggerately since she was feeling the same. She was wondering what made Sinb become a stuttering mess and a terrible walker whenever her mother was with them. "Eomma's been asking me about Sinb-eomma too, you know."

"Really?" Eunha asked, beginning to take interest. "What did she asked you?"

Yuju took a bite of her fries and offered some to Eunha. But since she was holding her hamburger with both hands (she was being extra careful not to drop the holy thing), Yuju fed her. "She was asking if that really is Sinb-eomma's nature. She said that she finds it cute."

"Cute?" Eunha clarified. "I find it scary."

"Me too!" Yuju agreed. "I don't know with eomma but she seemed to be more interested with your eomma than me."

"And why did you say that?" Eunha asked in between her bites of the hamburger.

"She only wants to talk about Sinb-eomma. We couldn't even finish writing my song!" Yuju said.

Eunha turned to their mothers who were busy having their 'alone time.' They went to the park but the two kids were not even having fun and instead, went to sit on the bench and munching burgers their mothers bought for them. They were eating for like 30 minutes now, all the while, their mothers were busy talking and taking time to themselves. 

--o--

EM BACK. So lazy to edit anything as always, so please bear with the story. :))

Ciao!!