Sweet

Pens and Papers

Sinb yawned as she got out of bed. It has been so long since she got a decent sleep. She scrunched her nose and looked at the time. It read 8:15 a.m., a time for her breakfast.

She scratched her head as she went out of the room and went straight to the kitchen. She smiled as she stared first in her kitchen thinking on what they could eat for breakfast. "What's for breakfast, Yerin?"

Yerin came out of the bathroom and beamed her a smile. "We don't have food in the fridge."

Sinb blinked twice as she tried to remember when was the last time they went to the grocery. She went to the fridge to check their fridge and there was nothing except some bottled water and dietary snacks. "So what's gonna be our breakfast?"

Yerin was putting on a sling bag on her shoulder as if going out of the condo. "You can still eat the snack bars left. I'm going to the grocery."

Sinb blinked again. Yerin's going to the grocery? And without her? She pouted.

It was rare for her to feel clingy towards the older, even after they got to confess their feelings months before this quarantine period. But for her, today was a special day. She got to rest fully and she wanted to spend time with her girlfriend.

"Can I tag along too?" She asked. Her hand involuntarily tugged Yerin's sleeve. "Maybe uhm.. you want someone to carry the bags for you?"

Yerin chuckled and kissed Sinb's forehead. Sinb blushed at the contact. She knew Yerin was a sweet girl but everytime the older does something like that, there were butterflies in her stomach.

"Why don't you just stay here and rest? Daddy can go alone at the grocery." Yerin said, obviously teasing the younger.

Sinb became wide eyed as soon as she heard the weird endearment. She blushed and pushed away Yerin. "E-eyy! Y-you're not a D-daddy!"

Yerin laughed as she opened the door. "Said the one who kept saying that all night long."

Sinb felt embarrassed but in a good kind of way. The butterflies kept flying around her stomach so early in the morning. And all because of her girlfriend in front of her. "Yah! I-I didn't said that last night! D-don't go sputtering that nonsense!"

Yerin couldn't help but laugh again. Her girlfriend was too cute today. She clicked her tongue and made beautiful eyes at Sinb and gave her her signature y balsa. It earned her a plastic bag thrown at her face and an in denial Sinb in front of her and it made her laugh more. "Alright, alright. I'm going now baby! Take care inside while Daddy's away!"

Sinb felt all the more embarrassed, her cheeks became beet red. "Y-yah you idiot! Don't s-shout it!"

----

It was obvious that every day Sinb was getting restless. How long could they be stuck in a quarantine? She kept on switching the channels until she felt tired looking for a decent program. She laid her head on the head rest of the couch and tried to look for her girlfriend. Yerin was busy doodling in her diary and Sinb heaved a sigh.

There were times she wanted Yerin's focus on her. She was like a cat wanting to get attention but Yerin was not even dropping a single gaze on her the whole day. Sinb pouted. How can she make Yerin look at her?

"Hey Yerin," she called but the older only let out a small hum. "Are you still doing that?"

Yerin nodded as she tried to make a cup of coffee on her diary. "Why?"

"Nothing..." Sinb trailed as she pouted. She knew Yerin couldn't be bothered when the latter was so focused on her diary. "I don't know how you manage to write something when there's nothing interesting going on."

"There's so many Sinb," Yerin answered back while sticking out her tongue as she was defermined to make a decent coffee cup.

"Like?" She asked but Yerin didn't answer her back. She heaved a sigh and laid her head back again. She really wanted attention right now and she was going nuts at Yerin's diary.

She gazed at the older again who was busy scribbling notes . Sinb heaved another sigh and went near Yerin. The older didn't seemed to notice her and Sinb slowly took Yerin's pen away from her.

"Eh?" Yerin said as she was surprised to see Sinb so close to her. "What is it?"

Sinb frowned and guided Yerin to face her. Yerin was confused at what Sinb might want from her and was surprised when Sinb straddled her.

"Okay, you can write now." Sinb said as she laced her arms around Yerin's neck.

Yerin chuckled and caressed Sinb's back while getting back to writing. "Someone want attention today eh?"

Sinb blushed and hid her face at the crook of Yerin's neck. "N-no.. well yes, kind of."

Yerin cooed which made Sinb blush again. "Why is my baby so clingy today?"

"Y-yah! I'm not clingy! A-and quit s-saying that!" Sinb protested while still hiding at her sweet spot in Yerin's.

Yerin dropped the pen and closed her diary. "Oh really? Then what are you doing?"

Sinb stuttered and decided to keep quiet. There was nothing good coming out of anyway. Her words will just betray her.

"Hmmm?" Yerin pressed further.

Sinb groaned out of frustration. "Oh fine, I'm clingy alright. But only today, okay?"

Yerin giggled and stood up while carrying Sinb. "Since my baby's so honest today, Daddy will give her a gift!"

Sinb blushed at the words. She knew Yerin was making fun of her right now because of the endearment that she chose to only stay at the bedroom. "W-why do you still keep s-saying that?"

Yerin hummed softly and walked towards a room. "Don't you want a gift?"

Sinb groaned. "What gift? Why don't you just give it to me?"

Yerin chuckled. "Okay baby. Let's go to the love nest!"

Sinb blushed and got embarrassed. "Y-you don't need to say it like that!"

----

What a good way to start the day by having a bath!

Sinb turned off the shower and hummed. She was feeling great, now that she had finished a bath. She tried to grab her towel but there was nothing hanging on the rack.

She looked twice in the bathroom to look for it and tried to remember if she really had put the towel inside.

"Hmm.." Sinb said and went to open the bathroom door slightly and called for her girlfriend. "Hey Yerin, can you give me my towel?"

Yerin went out from then couch with eyes still closed. Sinb chuckled at the sight of a still sleepy Yerin. "You're damn exhausted Yerin."

Yerin hummed as she went back with a towel in hand. Her eyes are half closed while she was handing the towel to Sinb. "I could still have a sleep or two.." she trailed when she caught a glimpse of Sinb. "Wow.."

Sinb grabbed the towel from Yerin and gave her a questioning look. "What are you saying?"

"My baby's all grown up, such a proud Daddy." Yerin smiled with a sleepy face and cute grin in her face.

The sight made Sinb blush and embarrased at the same time. "S-shut up you dork."

----

The two decided to watch a movie that night and Yerin lost the coin flip on what genre they will be watching. Yerin gulped as Sinb went to choose a horror movie.

Sinb knew Yerin was afraid of these things but she wanted to watch a horror flick with her girlfriend.

"Do I really need to watch this with you?" Yerin asked while making a fortress of stuff toys around her.

Sinb comforted her. "Just cling to me whenever you get scared."

But the movie, to Sinb's taste was all but jumpscares here and there. She wasn't entirely immeresed at the movie as she found it not too scary. But for Yerin, she felt like her heart was stopping everytime the protaganist was being hunted down by some unknown forces.

"Are you still okay there?" Sinb whispered and checked the older girl. She was surprised Yerin was crying while watching the movie and she felt bad for it. "Oh my, why are you crying?"

Yerin cried hard and looked at Sinb like some lost kid. This movie's way too scary! You said it's not but it is! That protagonist's going to die there, I hate that!"

Sinb chuckled at what she was seeing. Yerin was a crying mess. She cupped her girlfriend's cheek and wiped the tears. "I told you to cling to me if you're afraid."

Yerin pouted and cried more. "It's too scary to even talk and move!"

Sinb laughed and hugged her girlfriend. "Aww... you're too cute Yerin. Let's just finish this, alright?"

And the night went like that, with Yerin just hugging Sinb tight all throughout the film.

‐---

It was such a sight for Sinb to see Yerin so quiet and looking far away in the window. What could she be thinking?

"You've been quiet." Sinb remarked while eating her chips and looking at her SNS. "Something wrong?"

Yerin shook her head and went to sit beside Sinb. "I just got nothing to do."

"Oh. Jung Yerin getting bored, that's new." Sinb answered back. She glanced at older who was yawning for the nth time. "C'me here kitty cat, rest your eyes for a while."

She motioned for Yerin to lay in her lap which the latter obliged to do so. But Yerin was not sleepy. She was bored. "I got nothing to write about in my diary."

Sinb peeked and saw Yerin cutely frowning. "You want to write?"

Yerin nooded and reached for her notebook and pen from the coffee table. "I got nothing interesting going on."

Sinb smiled pinches Yerin's cheek. "Write that I love you."

"Oh but I wrote that so many times." Yerin replied.

Sinb blinked and looked back at her. "What? You mean most entries there?"

Yerin nodded. "It goes from Sinb will always love me, Sinb really loves me, Sinb baby loves me... yeah." Sinb blushed with every word that Yerin sputtered. Yerin was really so fond of her.

"I got an idea." Sinb suddenly offered. Yerin's eyes twinkled as her girlfriend got something up her sleeve. Sinb took Yerin's diary and pen, much to the surprise of the older that she had to sit upright.

"Don't read! That's mine!" Yerin whined.

Sinb went to open a blank page and started scribbling and leaning away from Yerin. Yerin was guarding her diary, ready to take away the notebook once her girlfriend decided to peek at her entries.

"There." Sinb said and gave Yerin the notebook.

Yerin slowly opened to where Sinb had left off and blushed. "W-what?"

Yerin read again the words and the butterflies kept swirling as she chuckled. "Sinbaby will always you Daddy Yennie."

Sinb blushed and regretted what she did. She internally curses herself for writing the cringy sentence that she ran to the bedroom.

Yerin was surprised at the sudden motion of her girlfried. She stood up and laughed while running to get to the bedroom. "Ah ha! Sinbaby eh? Don't run from Daddy! Let Daddy love you!"

Sinb shouted from inside the bedroom, struggling to lock the door against Yerin. "Wah! F-forget what I s-said!"