~It will be alright~

MiNi StORies^^

 

“ Appa, Umma. I brought someone for you to meet.” Min Ho turned his back and grabbed my cold and shivering hand. I saw his mouth moving as in saying gwen-cha-na to me.

This is so crazy. I, Noh Hyun Ae never felt this nervous since my first time participating in a car racing. It sounds crazy right? But this is the fact. I am a racer despite the fact that I am a girl.

 

4 years ago…

 

“Hyun Ae, are you going to race again tonight?” My friend, Soo Young asked me on our way to the cafeteria to eat. “Shush, Soo Young. Slow your voice down. Do you wanna me to be grounded from school forever?”

My friend betted her eyelashes and used a cute voice to calm me down.  The worst thing is I always lost with her aegyo thingy. It kinda irritated me sometimes. “Aigoo, Our Hyun Ae got angry.  Don’t worry, nobody will know about this except us. “

“I must go tonight. I must restore my pride from being defeated by a mere man that comes from nowhere.” Soo Young patted my shoulders when she saw me gritted my teeth while saying those words.

“Hyun Ae. I don’t know if I should tell you this but that mere man that you talked about is about the same age as Yo Seob and….” She said after we found our seat after buying drinks. “ And?”

Soo Young sighed and continued. “ I heard he is one of our senior in here and he just come back from Japan for the school exchange student programme in a month ago.”

“Wait, a senior?. Are you kidding me Soo Young? Where did you hear all this ridiculous story.” I shrieked quite a bit when hearing my rival was near me all the time.

“Well, actually, while I was waiting for you to race last week. I invited Yo Seob too so we can watch the race together. After it is over, he looked the man that beat you and he said that he knew that guy and told me all the info of him.”

Well, well, this is such a wonderful opportunity for me right? Besides, he doesn’t know my face and if I win tonight, my pride will be restored again.

 

That night was quite havoc as the winner from the last week managed to attract many audience especially the girls. They were screaming like crazy when they saw him waving before the race start.

Huh, I am not gonna drooling like those girls. In fact, I don’t even know why they are squealing when saw him. Okay, I admit. Maybe I do understand why the girls were like that.

That mere guy has a model-like body and he was quite a good looking person too. If I can describe him, maybe a high and mighty prince-like?

Noh Hyun Ae! Wake up from your dream. Your aim for today was to Win! Yes , only Winning can restore my pride back.

I fasten my seatbelt and waiting for the signal to go. I calm myself by taking a breath and look at my opponent. My, my, what do you know, his car was just beside me. He looked at me and flashed me a smile.

Oh No! I can feel my cheeks were heating up because of that smile. Wait… Does this means that he know I am a girl and today’s race will be totally in his hands?

I gritted my teeth and continued to press the pedal. The sound of it become quite a havoc because it sounded weird as usual but of course I didn’t hear it because of Minho’s smile just now.

3, 2, 1, the girl who was wearing an extremely tight shorts and a red singlet finally released the flag. The cars vrommed breaking the silence of the night.

Minho’s and Hyun Ae’s car were in the front row and they were racing with all their might to determine the winning.

Hyun Ae’s mind was filled with excitement when she succeeded to be in front of MinHo’s car. Suddenly, A loud crash was heard..All Hyun Ae knew was that her world were covered in darkness after hearing the loud crash.

 

Min Ho’s POV

“What, Someone’s been messing with her brakes?” My voice raised a bit when hearing that awful news. I gripped my fist tightly to express my anger but  the image of Hyun Ae’s car crashed in front of me quickly appeared.

This is all my fault. I should not race that night, while knowing that her competitiveness in winning are same as me. We both hate losing.

“Min ho oberoni? What are you doing here?. Do you know Hyun Ae by chance?” A girl with a cheerful smile but with a pair sad eyes  greeted me in front of Hyun Ae’s ward room.

I tilted up my head and was surprised to see Onew hyung was also there joined the girl that came with Yo Seob just now. “Onew hyung?. What are you doing here?” I asked without any hestitation.

Onew Hyung patted the girl’s head while saying, “ Just accompanying my dear sister here. I cannot let her go with an unknown person right?” His eyes looked at Yo Seob.

“Yah, I thought we settled this a long time ago. I’m her boyfriend to be exact” said Yo Seob while grabbing the girl’s hand.

“Mind them, Min Ho oberoni. By the way, I’m Soo Young, Hyun Ae’s friend. You didn’t answer my questions earlier oberoni.” I smiled at her while remembering my first meeting with Hyun Ae.

“We always argued about who is supposed to win at the arcade when playing the racing game. That is the first time in my life I saw a such stubborn girl like myself in winning something. But, of course the thing happened a long time ago. She maybe didn’t remember my existence at all but before my family had to transfer to Osaka due to work, I gave her a bracelet.”

“Wait, do you mean this bracelet?” Soo Young cut my words and quickly searching for something in her bag. After a while she stopped searching and smiled when taking out the bracelet from the bag.

I was surprised to see the bracelet. It was the exactly the same one that I gave her 10 years ago. “I think Hyun Ae never forget the her memories with you but maybe as the time pass by, she could not recognize you and she is not a type to ask a man easily.” I grinned when heard what Soo Young said.

I will not let you go again, Hyun Ae…

 

Hyun Ae’s POV

This is crazy right? As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw Min Ho sitting beside me. “What are you doing here?”

He flashed his smile at me and quickly grabbing something in his pocket. “ Do you remember this?”

I was stammered when seeing my bracelet was in his hand. What the hell happened? Wasn’t the bracelet supposed with Soo Young and why am I in this dull-looking room anyway?

The guy seems to read my mind. He responded to my questioned face with a pat on my head. “ You had a terrible accident a month ago during our race. Thank goodness you finally woke up.”

My mind suddenly drifted towards that unlucky day. As I was going to the corner, my brake suddenly didn’t work and as result my car crashed. Hmm..That’s explain why I’m here.

“That bracelet. Why do you have it?” I asked him. “This bracelet?. Didn’t you remember it. I was the person who gave this to you.”

I blinked my eyes unbelievingly. “ What do you mean?”. He smirked and coming closer to my face. At instance I felt a warm lips landed on my forehead. “Maybe this can make you remember me back?” He smirked after kissing my forehead for a while.

A vision of a boy suddenly appeared in my mind. He also did that to me. But I never had a chance to asked his name and he is the first boy that I fallen for.

“Well, it seems you remembered it” he said and holding my hand.

 

Present:

Okay, Hyun Ae. Calm down yourself. This is just a meeting with his parents. I took a deep breath and gripped his hand tighter as to absorb his strength a bit. Min Ho grabbed my hands and pull me in his hug . “ It will be alright”. The words that always been replayed in my mind since the day he met me at the ward and until now, even after he proposed me…

 

 

P/S:
it took me long enough to finish this..^^