Love O2O (Onscreen 2 Offscreen)

Love O2O (Onscreen 2 Offscreen)

 

 

 

I think of myself as a morning person. There's just something about the start of the day that appeals to me. I love how the appearance of the first ray of sunshine reminds of a new hope, of a fresh start.

 

 

 

And this particular morning, I'm in love with it more than the usual.

 

 

 

It wasn't a dream after all.

 

 

 

I was afraid to fall asleep in fear that I'd wake up and find her gone. She's escaped from me countless times, avoided me each time we ran into each other. God knows how hard it is to have her within my reach.

 

 

 

But I've finally caught her.

 

 

 

She looks so peaceful, eyes closed, brows unknitted, as she lays on the passenger seat. The soft glare of the sun illuminates her peaceful state, her beauty flourishes like a newly-blossomed flower.

 

 

 

I don't think I have ever seen such beauty as I have now.

 

 

 

"What time is it?"

 

 

 

With eyes still closed, she stretches like a cat.

 

 

 

"Still too early. You can sleep some more."

 

 

 

Her eyes snap wide open upon hearing my voice.

 

 

 

"YANG YANG!"

 

 

 

I chuckle as her eyes grow wider. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

 

 

 

She checks her clothes and heaves a deep sigh of relief. I know I should be offended but damn, she's cute.

 

 

 

Tsk. Too cute.

 

 

 

"You thought I did something to you?" I ask her with a serious tone.

 

 

 

I try not to laugh as she swallows hard, probably feeling nervous now.

 

 

 

"Of course not. It's just, you know... in the dramas, they-- never mind."

 

 

 

It's getting harder to control myself from bursting out loud. Call me cruel but I can't help it. She just looks too cute when she gets nervous.

 

 

 

"As far as I remember, you were the one who did all the work last night. I just laid back." I rest my hands on my neck as I lay on the driver seat.

 

 

 

"WHAT?!" She bursts as she leaps out of her seat.

 

 

 

This time, I can't contain it anymore.

 

 

 

"Hao de, hao de. I was just playing with you. Nothing happened."

 

 

 

"YANG YANG!"

 

 

 

I laugh even more. Oh god, she looks so mad right now.

 

 

 

"Why do you look so disappointed?"

 

 

 

"WO BU!"

 

 

 

OUCH! I laugh even more as she hits me repeatedly.

 

 

 

She stares at me for awhile as I continue laughing.

 

 

 

"Ay, if your fans can only see how you really are..." She says as she narrows her eyes at me before breaking into laughter.

 

 

 

Yes. If they can only see us now.

 

 

 

"But seriously, how did we end up here?"

 

 

 

I smile as memory of last night comes rushing back...

 

 

 

"You can rest now, Shuang."

 

 

 

I whispered softly in her ear.

 

 

 

"Just stay here with me."

 

 

 

It didn't even take long before I heard her loud snore.

 

 

 

"Geesh, Shuang. How tired are you?"

 

 

 

I tucked some strands of her hair behind her ear. How can her hair still be so smooth even if she rarely combs it?

 

 

 

I chuckle at the thought. She really is so simple.

 

 

 

I took a look around and felt relieved seeing the area empty. I shuddered to think what will happen if someone saw us.

 

 

 

I stayed still throughout, afraid moving even just an inch would wake her up. She looked so calm, so contented that I was able to endure standing still as the night turned to dawn.

 

 

 

A sudden thought came into me.

 

 

 

"Would she mind if I do it?"

 

 

 

Slowly, my lips moved to her forehead. Gently, carefully, it brushed against her soft skin. Plucking more courage, my lips moved to her nose, landing a sweet, soft peck at the tip.

 

 

 

Throwing all cautions to the wind, my lips touched hers.

 

 

 

Everything else faded as my lips met hers. Nothing else mattered but our lips that entertwined as if perfectly molded together.

 

 

 

I caught my breath as my lips parted with hers. I picked her up gently and carried her bridal style, careful not to wake her up.

 

 

 

"What are you doing?" She murmurs, still half-asleep.

 

 

 

I smile as I look down at her sleeping form.

 

 

 

"Taking you away, my dear wife."

 

 

 

"Yang?"

 

 

 

The beautiful memories fade as I look at her pretty face. I guess I left her hanging with her question.

 

 

 

"You sleepwalked your way into my car."

 

 

 

Her eyes grow wide in horror.

 

 

 

"No way."

 

 

 

"You should rest more, Shuang." I playfully ruffle her hair.

 

 

 

"YANG! You know I hate when someone touches my head." She pouts.

 

 

 

"That's why I keep on doing it." I ruffle her hair even more.

 

 

 

I really love teasing her.

 

 

 

Her eyes suddenly widen as she remembers something. "What time is it?"

 

 

 

"It's almost 6." I say as I look at the car clock.

 

 

 

"I think we should go." She says as she looks at the window nervously.

 

 

 

True enough, people start filling up the place.

 

 

 

I start the car and turn to her. Leaning towards her, I feel her swallow hard as I reach to fasten her seatbelt.

 

 

 

"You didn't have to do that." She says, her breath hitches.

 

 

 

I look at her and smile.

 

 

 

"I want to."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hate mornings. I'd rather stay in bed and sleep a bit more than to appreciate the early morning sun.

 

 

 

This morning, however, is an exception.

 

 

 

"What do you want to do?"

 

 

 

I look at him in surprise.

 

 

 

"Aren't we going home?"

 

 

 

"We can go home if you want to." He says without looking at me. "Or you can stay at my place."

 

 

 

Woah there, mister.

 

 

 

"NO WAY!" I cross my arms over my chest protectively.

 

 

 

He raises a brow at me. "You'll have lunch at Jing's, right?"

 

 

 

I look at him suspiciously. "Yes... why?"

 

 

 

"Me too. Since we're already together, we can just kill time at my place. Play games or something before we head out."

 

 

 

My eyes widen at what he said. "We are together?"

 

 

 

He looks at me questioningly. "Aren't we?"

 

 

 

I can't believe what this guy's saying. When did I agree to this? Did I do something last night? Or worse, did I say somethingto him that I can't remember?

 

 

 

Oh god.

 

 

 

"I mean, we're both here inside my car. We are literally together."

 

 

 

Oh, that's what he meant.

 

 

 

"Of course. HA HA." I laugh awkwardly.

 

 

 

What the hell was I thinking?

 

 

I glance at him and notice his mouth curved into a slight smile.

 

 

 

Oh, god. Is he thinking that I was thinking of us-

 

 

 

"You think too much, Shuang Mei."

 

 

 

I want to facepalm myself if only he isn't looking.

 

 

 

"Just drive, da shen."

 

 

 

"As you wish, laopo."

 

 

 

I try my best to hide my smile. It's been three years since we filmed our drama and yet, I still get giddy whenever he calls me wife.

 

 

 

"We can drive to your house so you can get fresh clothes."

 

 

 

I smell myself. "I have to take a bath."

 

 

 

He briefly glances at me. "You can at my place."

 

 

 

Uh, no. "I don't want to hassle you."

 

 

 

"It'll be more of a hassle if I wait for you outside your house." He then smiles at me. "It's okay though if you want us to make it to the headlines today."

 

 

 

Definitely not. "Do we really have to go together?"

 

 

 

He looks at me briefly. "Why not?"

 

 

 

"They might, you know, misunderstand."

 

 

 

He raises his brow. "Misunderstand?"

 

 

 

"That we're in this kind of relationship." I make a heart shape with my hands.

 

 

 

He pulls the brake and looks at me intently, his gaze penetrating my soul.

 

 

 

"When were we not in that kind of relationship?"

 

 

 

I would have fallen down if I weren't safely tucked on my seat.

 

 

 

"Good thing I fastened your seatbelt."

 

 

 

I look at him incredulously.

 

 

 

"YANG YANG!"

 

 

 

I hit him multiple times as he laughs at me. I swear I should kill this guy.

 

 

 

Before he causes my death.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you have everything you need?"

 

 

 

I ask as I hand her a towel and robe.

 

 

 

She looks at them for a long time. "Is it really okay for me to use these?"

 

 

 

I shrug. "No one's using those anyway."

 

 

 

She nods. "I'll go now." She points to the shower.

 

 

 

"Hao de." I say as I stand still.

 

 

 

She looks at me uncomfortably. "You're staying there?"

 

 

 

I smile mischievously. "Thought you might need some help."

 

 

 

I run before she can throw me the clothes she's holding.

 

 

 

I'm still laughing my off when my phone rings.

 

 

 

"Wei?" That girl really is something.

 

 

 

"You're one happy camper, Yang."

 

 

 

I chuckle as her red face flashes on my mind. "Something amusing just happened."

 

 

 

"Hao de. Tell me all about it later."

 

 

 

I glance at the bathroom door. "What time do you need us?"

 

 

 

"Us?"

 

 

 

I chuckle again.

 

 

 

"Yes. Us."

 

 

 

"Don't you dare bring a girl to my place!"

 

 

 

Think I'll for awhile.

 

 

 

"Why not?"

 

 

 

"Just don't!"

 

 

 

"I already told her we can go together."

 

 

 

"AISHT! You'll ruin everything!"

 

 

 

I laugh silently. "We'll be there in an hour."

 

 

 

I let out my laughter as soon as we end the call.

 

 

 

"YANG YANG!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tsk, that guy.

 

 

How dare he make fun of me?

 

 

 

I twist the shower handle to rinse myself.

 

 

 

"OOH TOO HOT!"

 

 

 

I quickly twist the handle to the opposite direction but to my dismay, a barrage of cold water hits me like a tidal wave.

 

 

 

I desperately try to find the handle as the raging water blind me.

 

 

 

"YANG YANG!"

 

 

 

I cry for help as I search for the robe amidst the onslaught of freezing water hitting my skin. As soon as I felt the robe in my hand, I wrap it around my shaking body.

 

 

 

I gasp as I feel myself being pulled harshly but find comfort as a pair of strong arms wrap around me, giving me warmth.

 

 

 

I look up at him, tears stream down my face.

 

 

 

"Yang Yang..."

 

 

 

I tremble as I feel weak in his arms. I feel him holding me tighter, his arms wrap around me protectively.

 

 

 

My heart has never beat faster.

 

 

 

He gazes at me for a long time, his eyes yearning for an answer. I hold his gaze, decided I won't avoid him this time.

 

 

 

what they have to say.

 

 

 

I stand on tiptoe as I brush my lips against his. I feel him jolt in surprise and I try to hide my smile.

 

 

 

But he recovers quickly and deepen our kiss.

 

 

 

I close my eyes and let myself get lost in our moment. I savor the feel of his lips caressing mine, each sending shivers down my spine.

 

 

 

"Better get dressed, laopo."

 

 

 

I open my eyes and look at him, still dazed from our kiss. His eyes blaze like raging fire.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Or I won't be able to control myself."

 

 

 

I quickly bolt out of the bathroom.

 

 

 

"Shuang."

 

 

 

I stop but don't dare to face him.

 

 

 

"Your clothes?"

 

 

 

My cheeks heat up as he hands them to me.

 

 

 

I've gone crazy!

 

 

 

I touch my lips and smile.

 

 

 

But it feels so good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I kill the engine and park the car. I step out quickly to open her door but she beat me to it.

 

 

 

I smile as she walks ahead of me. She's been silent the whole ride.

 

 

 

"You should take responsibility."

 

 

 

She quickly turns to face me. 

 

 

 

"What did I do?"

 

 

 

I walk towards her and stare deep into her eyes.

 

 

 

"You stole my heart."