Love O2O (Onscreen 2 Offscreen)

Love O2O (Onscreen 2 Offscreen)

 

 

 

I don't believe in coincidence. For me, every encounter, every opportunity, stems from a premediated destiny.

 

 

 

"Yang Yang's management refused the drama."

 

 

 

Why was I surprised back then? I already had a feeling he wouldn't do it. I mean, why would he? He's a top star now, even bigger than I am.

 

 

 

"I still want to to do it, baba."

 

 

 

When the production team mentioned they were in talks with him to play the lead, I was hopeful that this was fate's subtle way of saying yes.

 

 

 

But I guess I'm not part of the bigger plan for him.

 

 

 

"My palms are sweating."

 

 

 

Yitian's voice disrupts my thoughts. "Yours isn't?"

 

 

 

I rub my palms together. "Bu shi."

 

 

 

"Oh. I must not be handsome enough." He looks so serious that I can't tell if he's joking or not.

 

 

 

"Huh?" 

 

 

 

What's going on in this guy's mind now?

 

 

 

"I thought you're just as nervous as I am."

 

 

 

His words surprise me. From what I've heard, Yitian's a cocky guy, always full of confidence and zeal.

 

 

 

Looking at him now, he seems like a terrified cat.

 

 

 

"Your first time to shoot a kiss scene?"

 

 

 

He shakes his head. "It's not that. It's just... this drama will either make or break me."

 

 

 

I stay silent as I wait for him to continue.

 

 

 

"I don't know if you've read the news about me." He continues hesitantly.

 

 

 

"News?" I can't remember if I've read any news about-

 

 

 

"I was caught going to a hotel to meet a girl."

 

 

 

"Oh."

 

 

 

That took me by surprise. I look at him and he seems bothered. 

 

 

 

I don't know how to respond after that. Should I comfort him? I don't even know what he's thinking.

 

 

 

"I was so stupid to do it."

 

 

 

Welp. There it goes.

 

 

 

"Then why did you?"

 

 

 

"I ask myself the same thing."

 

 

 

For the first time, I'm seeing a side of him I didn't know existed. Looking at him on the surface, he has always seem like a formidable man.

 

 

 

But now, he looks more like a lost child.

 

 

 

"Do you have a problem?"

 

 

 

There must be. Otherwise, why would a man who has everything to lose do something so stupid?

 

 

 

"Lately, I've been feeling overwhelmed."

 

 

 

I listen intently to his words.

 

 

 

"It feeks like everything's happening too fast."

 

 

 

I know that feeling. Having a debut drama as a major hit and achieving extreme popularity overnight can be truly overwhelming. 

 

 

 

"It's like I was just a normal guy one day then suddenly, people start to recognize me."

 

 

 

I remember when Meteor Shower made it big. I was suddenly catapulted to fame. I was very young back then, naive and innocent. I basked in the glory of my newfound fame but as days turned to weeks and weeks turned to years, I felt myself getting exhausted, suffocated.

 

 

 

"The pressure's unimaginable. I feel as if everyone's expecting me to either succeed tremendously or fail horribly."

 

 

 

No words can be truer. There's always two sides to a coin, the head and the tail. The same can be said to us, celebrities. Along with the anticipation of success, there will always be the fear of failure.

 

 

 

"But that doesn't mean it's alright to screw up."

 

 

 

I understand where he's coming from but I also need to make him understand.

 

 

 

A true friend must knock some sense to him.

 

 

 

"I know I'm an for doing what I did."

 

 

 

Looking at him, he seems genuinely regretful.

 

 

 

"Have you apologized to Shen Yue?"

 

 

 

"I called her to say sorry. She was pretty cool about it."

 

 

 

"You're lucky she's a nice girl. If that was me you called ordinary, I'd kick your ."

 

 

 

He looks at me so horrified that I couldn't hold my laughter.

 

 

 

"Tsk, this girl." He shakes his head while laughing a little.

 

 

 

I raise a brow at him. "Hey, hey, hey... why are you talking down at me? I'm older than you."

 

 

 

"You look too cute for your age."

 

 

 

Geesh. He knows how to make a girl blush.

 

 

 

"Shut up. Let's just practice our script." I divert my attention to the folder I'm holding.

 

 

 

"You want to practice our kiss?"

 

 

 

My eyes widen at him. He looks so serious.

 

 

 

"YITIAN!"

 

 

 

Now, it's his time to laugh at me. I find myself smiling as the mischievous and cocky smile of his appears once again.

 

 

 

 At times when the world becomes unbearingly painful, it's nice to find a new friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I watch her as she smiles. She looks so carefree, full of life. I can't believe anyone can hate a girl as pure as her.

 

 

 

"Shi shi ni."

 

 

 

She looks at me innocently. "For what?"

 

 

 

"For not judging me." Unlike other people.

 

 

 

She has a thoughtful look on her face. "I've been criticized for god knows how many times and each word, each comment, stung like hell. How can I do that to someone else?"

 

 

 

Her genuine kindness, her unpretentious self and her abundant consideration - those make me admire her even more.

 

 

 

"He's lucky."

 

 

 

"Who?" She asks, looking up from her script.

 

 

 

I stare at her eyes. For the first time, I'm seeing her in a new light.

 

 

 

"The man who owns your heart."

 

 

 

She smiles, the kind that tells a deeper story.

 

 

 

"Why would he be? There's nothing special about me."

 

 

 

I notice how she always looks down whenever someone compliments her. As if she feels she doesn't deserve it.

 

 

 

Why do you look down on yourself too much?

 

 

 

Why can't you see your worth?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't believe in coincidence. For me, every unexpected encounter, every occurrence is there to prepare us for a bigger moment.

 

 

 

"Shuang."

 

 

 

I watch as she turns around, her long, brown hair dancing with the wind. The light from the full moon softly illuminates her bare face.

 

 

 

Even without makeup, her face radiates like the brightest star in the sky.

 

 

 

"Yang."

 

 

 

She looks so lovely, so vulnerable. I stand beside her as she watches the water, aching to put my arms around her.

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?" She asks, not taking her eyes off the clear blue water.

 

 

 

"I wanted to watch the scenery." I say, not taking my eyes off her.

 

 

 

"Yang, don't you get tired?"

 

 

 

"Sometimes."

 

 

 

I smile as she turns to look at me. I feel my heart beating fast as she stares at me for a long time.

 

 

 

"You're amazing."

 

 

 

"You only know it now?" I .

 

 

 

She finally smiles. "How do you do it? How can you still be so positive even when life throws you ?"

 

 

 

"I just tell myself that it's temporary. That life purposely s on me so that it can reward me with something bigger later."

 

 

 

Her smile widens. "No wonder many girls fall for you."

 

 

 

"Are you one of them?" I .

 

 

 

She covers her face just as her cheeks turn crimson red. "Why do you always make fun of me?"

 

 

 

"Because you're too cute."

 

 

 

She turns her back at me, avoiding my gaze. I feel her tense up as I gently wrap my arm around her shoulders.

 

 

 

"Ease up. There's no one around." I assure her.

 

 

 

I smile as I feel her gradually relaxing. How I miss this. I miss the feeling of having her in my arms, close to me.

 

 

 

Holding her before may be for the sake of the camera but for me, it has always felt real.

 

 

 

"Yang, I feel so tired."

 

 

 

My heart ache as I feel her exhaustion. I want to hold her tight but I fear I might break her fragile body. So I gently guide her head on my shoulder.

 

 

 

As the waves quietly crash against each other, I rest my chin on her head, savoring the scent of her hair.

 

 

 

"You can rest now, Shuang."

 

 

 

I whisper softly in her ear.

 

 

 

"Just stay here with me."