Love O2O (Onscreen 2 Offscreen)

Love O2O (Onscreen 2 Offscreen)

 

 

 

 

The heart beats the most genuine rhythm. Fast when he's in front of you, just a few steps within your gaze. Slow when he holds you, so tight that the world around the two of you fades.

 

 

 

I look at him, the man I have avoided like the plague. I can't believe I'm doing this. I can't believe I'm clinging on to the man that belongs to the world.

 

 

 

In this moment though, it's just the two of us. In this moment, I can be a bit courageous.

 

 

 

"AHEM."

 

 

 

I step back in surprise as Tian Yu coughs behind us. 

 

 

 

"I guess you miss each other that much, huh?" He says teasingly. I nudge him back playfully.

 

 

 

"Jealous?" I say as I give him a hug again.

 

 

 

"Nah. Remember our ship was already sailing even before you met Xiao Nai?" He says confidently, alluding to the fact that we worked together first.

 

 

 

"Don't forget Gong Ming was already yours before you fell for that cocky Yi Xiao Nai He." Jing Bao winks while chuckling, obviously pleased with himself.

 

 

 

"Cocky Yi Xiao Nai He?" Yang raises his brow.

 

 

 

Tsk tsk these boys. "Oh god, you guys. Jing Bao, stop being a flirt in front of your girlfriend." I turn to Ni Ni. "I apologize in behalf of my wayward friend. Please guide him back to the right path."

 

 

 

Jing Bao wraps his arm around Ni Ni. "My airen is an understanding one."

 

 

 

Ni Ni rolls her eyes at me. "Lin Xiang Xiang, can I please return your Gong Ming to you?"

 

 

 

I wave my hand in refusal. "I don't accept returns."

 

 

 

"Ouch, my heart!" Jing Bao stabs himself in the heart dramatically. "My two best girls have forsaken me."

 

 

 

"Uh huh. Your acting needs improvement, Bao Bao." I hug Jing one last time. "Thank you for a fun-filled midnight cap but I'm afraid this furen needs to go."

 

 

 

"Oh yeah. We can't let the friend wait." Jing squints his eyes at me, scrutinizing my reaction.

 

 

 

"Bye guys!" I run off giggling as they yell my name. I look at my phone as it blinks.

 

 

 

I'm waiting downstairs.

 

 

 

I rush to the lift, embarrassed that I'll make him wait a bit longer.

 

 

 

Ay, Shuang! You just a hitched a ride and yet you make him wait. He's not your personal driver for god sake.

 

 

 

I tap my foot impatiently while watching the levels go down. Why is this lift so slow?

 

 

 

"All you do is work, work, work! See, you're losing weight again."

 

 

 

I remember Jing's words. Why must I worry others all the time?  Honestly, working is the only thing that's been keeping me sane these days.

 

 

 

"Don't tire yourself too much. You're filming again?"

 

 

 

Ay, stop it Shuang! I remind myself as I step out of the lift. Don't read too much into it. You know how he is to everybody, right? He's like a ball of sunshine, always positive and caring to all- 

 

 

 

"Waiting for someone else?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ever felt like walking outside after a heavy storm and seeing the first ray of sunlight?

 

 

 

"I miss you too."

 

 

 

I can't help but smile as I remember her words, how she softly whispered those four words playing again and again on my head.

 

 

 

 

 

"Look, guys!"

 

 

 

I walk towards the window where Tian Yu is leaning on to. 

 

 

 

"That's Shuang. She's talking to someone inside." Jing points to the girl standing in front of a black car.

 

 

 

"Can you see who she's talking to?" Is that a guy inside?

 

 

 

Tian Yu squints his eyes. "I can't tell. There's no one inside the passenger seat. Must be the driver."

 

 

 

"You guys are hopeless." Ni Ni sighs as she sits on the couch and browses through a magazine.

 

 

 

"He wouldn't let her sit at the back. I can guarantee you that." Jing says as we watch Shuang open the back seat door.

 

 

 

"It may not even be a guy." Ni Ni suggests.

 

 

 

I don't remember her having any close guy friends besides us. 

 

 

 

"That car belongs to a guy. I can guarantee that much." Jing says, sure of himself. "You can tell it doesn't belong to a girl but to that of an alpha male."

 

 

 

Takes one to know one. I chuckle.

 

 

 

"Now that you've said it.... the car looks familiar."

 

 

 

My head snaps towards Tian Yu. "You've seen this car before?"

 

 

 

"I think I've seen this. Even the plate number's familiar." He mumbles to himself. "Where have I seen this..."

 

 

 

I look again outside and see her entering the front passenger seat. I don't know why I suddenly feel nervous.

 

 

 

Who is that friend, Shuang?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Waiting for someone else?"

 

 

 

I snap out of my trance as he talks to me through the passenger window. I didn't even realized I'm already in front of his car. 

 

 

 

Oh god. Me and my thoughts once again putting me to shame. Good going, Shuang!

 

 

 

I walk towards his car, self-conscious as ever. I wonder if this guy thinks I'm weird already.

 

 

 

"Sorry I took long." I say as I open the passenger seat at the back. I feel taken aback as I see several things occupying the seat.

 

 

 

"Oh, sorry about that." He says as he glances behind. "I picked up some things while waiting and the trunk's already full. You can sit here." He motions to the passenger seat beside him.

 

 

 

Gulp. Should I? Is it really okay?

 

 

 

Relunctant, I enter the passenger seat and carefully settle on it. I lurk my eyes to avoid his gaze.

 

 

 

"How's the party?"

 

 

 

Finally, something to break the ice. He must have noticed the awkward air around us.

 

 

 

"It was nice finally seeing my friends. It's been like what? Two years?" I can't even recall the last time we saw each other.

 

 

 

August 2016 while promoting Love O2O. Liar.

 

 

 

I knock my head, remembering I can't fool myself. Yes, I remember the last time Yang and I saw each other. 

 

 

 

In fact, each moment I spend with him, I remember it all.

 

 

 

"You must have had a great time."

 

 

 

I look him, confused. "Huh?"

 

 

 

"Your smile."

 

 

 

ARGH! I really need to stop with these thoughts. 

 

 

 

I bow my head in embarrassment. I look out the window and sigh in relief.

 

 

 

Good thing I'm home.

 

 

 

I open the door and exit his car. "Thanks again and so sorry for taking your time."

 

 

 

He nods and I make my way to my house. I can't wait to lie in bed! My body aches so much.

 

 

 

"Shuang!"

 

 

 

I stop midway and turn around. He's stepped out of his car, facing me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"See you tomorrow." He says as he hands me a paper bag.

 

 

 

I look inside and smile. It's a box of peach danish I was craving earlier.

 

 

 

"See you tomorrow, Yi Tian."