Chapter 6

Forget-Me-Not

Seulgi's POV

I can't believe I just complimented Joy AND said that that I wished to paint her. What was I thinking!! 

At least, she didn't look disgusted. So, that's a good sign.

I sighed deeply in frustration. Taemin noticed this and walked closer to examine my painting. Today's lesson was to try and paint something with just a mental picture and not with an actual object in front of me. This was one of the best ways to see if the student had any sense of creativity. I was trying to recall one of my favourite memories. I started thinking about how purplish the sky was when I was standing on the terrace of the headquarters with Joy beside me, leaning on my shoulder and just wondering how beautiful the scenery was and Joy. I could almost feel her warmth next to me and started reminiscing about that evening when we had shared our first kiss after my slip up about trying to make her fall for me. I was so stupid but it was worth it at the end and I still laugh at that particular memory. I was picturing two girls, one with her head on the other's shoulder with a beautiful lilac sky in front of them with skyscrapers around them as the scenery I wanted to paint and I immediately felt a surge of nostalgic happiness mixed with heart-breaking sadness, which made me tear up a little bit. 

Just focus on painting. Stop thinking about the past. 

I recollected my senses and started to paint the picture in my mind. 

"Wow, that's a beautiful outline Seulgi. I'm very impressed.", Taemin hummed in appreciation. 

Please, I'm not here to impress you. 

"Thank you, sir. I'm glad you think so." I said with the fakest smile and continued to start painting the sky after drawing the outline. 

"I'm surprised that you're attending these extra classes. You're really good at this and I don't think you need tutoring on your technique.", said Taemin, observing her efficient style and creativity. 

If only you knew how good I actually am. You'll fall to your knees. 

I mockingly laughed in my head before humbly replying to him, " But I think I need to improve and learn new techniques so that I can be perfectly good at this. You have a deep knowledge about painting and I'd like to learn everything from you, sir." I said while concentrating on the task at hand. I noticed a figure walk into the room and instantly knew it was Joy. 

 SHE LOOKS LIKE AN ANGEL. SHE IS LITERALLY SO ING BEAUTIFUL, I WANNA CRY.

Okay, geez, calm down Seulgi. Be natural.

Be Natural. Okay. I'm calm. And natural. Not freaking out at all. Uh-huh, nope, not at all. 

I saw her walk towards me and had an internal panic attack. 

Oof! You're so whipped for her. 

And what about it? 

She took a step closer to me and observed my painting with so much interest. I was observing her and I was pretty sure Taemin was eying me from behind. 

"You're really good, Seulgi. That sky is so beautiful. I love this.", Joy said with a happy smile on her lips and in an earnest voice which made me feel like I accomplished something so big like climbing the Everest or doing a split. I was really happy and I smiled genuinely at her compliment. 

"Thanks.", I said shyly, looking at my fingers which made Joy giggle. 

I missed your giggles, Joy. I sighed and saw her expression change from appreciation to confusion to slight recognition. That look of recognition gave me so much hope. 

Maybe she remembers me now. Could that picture have triggered her memory somehow? 

"I feel like I have seen this before. It almost feels like I was in that picture.", she wondered aloud and chuckled while saying, "Funny how your brain works, huh?". And then she chuckled a bit more while shaking her head. But that also changed soon because she jumped up in excitement, making me hopeful again. 

"THIS WAS THE SAME PLACE THAT I SAW IN MY DREAM!" she exclaimed. 

"Really? It must be a coincidence! Wow.", I fake- exclaimed and tried to be as enthusiastic as her. 

"That's very interesting. But it's probably one of those places that they always show in those dramas. That's why it must be familiar." mused Taemin, totally ruining our moment. 

Why are you even here, ugh.

Dude, this is his house and the beautiful girl next to you is his girlfriend. 

Thanks for the reality check that no one asked for, dumb . 

"Yeah, it must be.", I heard Joy agreeing with her boyfriend. 

I also nodded in agreement and finished my painting, wondering if Joy would ever remember her. 

One day, Seulgi. One day she will. 

 

 

PS: Helloo, sorry for the late update. The college has started and is messing with my free time so bear with me. Drop comments if you like the fic or hate it tbh. Enjoy you're day. Bye!