Chapter 5

Forget-Me-Not

Wendy's POV

Timeline: The same time as the last Irene chapter. Enjoy!

Ah, Seulgi. Why did she have to be such a fool in love? Ever since the first time I met her, I knew she was a caring and kind person. She cared way too much sometimes and gave all her affection to the person she cared about. And she loved hard. She loved Joy like that and still continues to do so. However, I couldn't believe that she loved me like that too. I think everyone needs to be loved by Kang Seulgi because she knows how to make everyone around her feel loved. It is notable that she is a literal fool when it comes to those whom she loves. She does anything and everything and that worries me the most. Here she is, risking her whole life, just because she wanted to see Joy. Rather reckless if you ask me but this is Joy, I couldn't have stopped her. In fact, I didn't want to. If there is one person who deserved happiness in this world, it was Kang Seulgi. 

I hope Joohyun doesn't find out. 

That's when I saw a black convertible Maserati Spyder parked opposite my house. 

Well, too late to hope now. 

I braced myself to face my Chief in Command, Bae Joohyun, who was simply put, terrifying. But I've always been in her good graces and I even run my mouth a little too much sometimes and still get away with it. Unlike my best friend, I thought to myself. I saw that the main door was open and could feel the warmth from inside radiate outside, giving me chills. 

Ah, she broke in too. Like Chief, like an agent. 

"Hello.", said Irene in an eerily calm voice which made me shiver. That voice means business and that means Irene must have known about her visit to Seulgi.

"Breaking in is your new hobby?", I asked her in an attempted calm voice but I did not sound calm whatsoever. I knew she was not in the mood to put up with my lame jokes right now so I let her take over. I was surprised when I heard her chuckle. This was not a cute chuckle but rather a dark one with 77438 underlying meanings behind it. 

"Funny. I thought that was your hobby. Ah, what a coincidence!". she said in her sarcastic voice while giving me that cold smile she always gives to her employees. 

"Of course, You're watching her. Let her go, Irene. She is miserable already. You succeeded in making her life hell, just leave her alone.", I was a little scared of her right now but that doesn't mean I would not use this opportunity to let Seulgi off the hook. 

"If you think I'll listen to you, you're wrong. I came here to warn you, Seungwan." I flinched when she used my real name. "You associating with Seulgi is the last thing I need right now. You are the next Chief, keep that in mind. I can't answer for your controversial meetings with your best friend. I assure you, if you sought out to help her, you'll regret it. I don't personally think you can help her in any way but you have a legacy to carry on. This organisation has been there for more than 25 years and this is the first time a woman has been appointed as the Chief. Correct me if I'm wrong but I know very well you don't want any of those old, bald men to be the next chief. If you want to do that, you need to stay away from her.", she finished her intimidating speech and at that moment, I was silly enough to laugh at her audacity. 

"Do you really think I would give up on my best friend to become the chief of the organisation? Please, I'm not you.", I really had the nerve to say that. 

You're getting sacrificed to the Gods today. 

"In that case, I have a different proposition for you. Come back to the organisation and I'll leave Seulgi alone.", she said with a cunning smile. She knows I can't resist this offer. She's such a but I still can't hate her because I admired her work ethic, even though she messed it up with Seulgi and Joy. There was one thing that made me loathe her and that was the fact that Irene was a homophobic m-  okay, don't get carried away.  Anyway, I had wanted to be her ever since a little child and seeing that this would also let Seulgi free, I had to make a decision. 

"I don't' trust you. How will I know if you have stopped monitoring Seulgi or not?", I challenged her a little more. I got nothing to lose anyway. 

"You know better than anyone else how much I want you to succeed. I give you my word. In fact, I'll call them off right now." she said in a decisive tone and made a call to one of her spies. 

" Stop monitoring Kangaroo Sunrise", she snapped into her phone and looked at me. I laughed at Seulgi's codename but contained it when I saw her fixing her gaze on me. 

"So, what do you say now? You in or out?", she asked with a hint of frusturation which did not go unnoticed by me.

I nodded my head and we shook hands.

"Remember, no more showing up at Seulgi's doorstep. Behave." those were her last words before speeding away in her Spyder. 

Time to start my work. Irene had no idea how I'm gonna use my work time. I thought to myself and chuckled. I'm gonna set things right. 

For Seulgi? 

"For Seulgi.", I muttered to myself and got ready for bed. 

I'll end your reign Bae Joohyun. Watch me do it. 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgTMs_bGuI&t=12s

Stream #Cookie Jar. That's it.