Chapter 2

Forget-Me-Not

SEULGI'S POV

A week earlier

Everything is dark. It's almost as dark as my life. No, wait, I see light. Is this the opening to my dark tunnel? Will I finally be able to breathe again? Oh , there's a figure looming over me. No, it's coming closer. No, no "NO!," I screamed as I woke from my nightmare only to find that dark figure actually looming over me. I pushed it away before realizing who it was. 

"Seulgi! Are you out of your mind!? It's me, Wendy!", said Wendy, my best friend, with whom I haven't talked in more than 2 years.

Wendy? What is she doing here? 

"What the hell are you doing in my bedroom? How did you even get in??", I asked her. I wasn't expecting a visit from her. Definitely did not expect her to walk into my bedroom as if we were roommates.

"I broke in. Oops! But anyway, I haven't seen you in years. You are hotter than before, wow", said Wendy in her usual confident manner and this threw me off even more.

"So, you decided to ignore me for 2 years and now you think I'll forget everything because you called me hot?", I asked her. I could see her confidence lowering and how she got the look of surprise in her eyes.

"I'm- look, I'm sorry about that okay? It wasn't entirely my fault. You caused a big mess in the agency Kang. The Chief was not happy with the way you had to leave and -" I cut her ranting short by hugging her. 

" I was kidding dumb . I missed you so much. I understand what you must have gone through after that day. So, I don't blame you", I said, giving her my best smile. 

She hugged me back and said that she missed me too. " I thought you were actually mad at me. I hate you. But on the other news..... I came to inform you about something important." I asked her to tell me what the information was. Oh boy, I was not ready.

"I know where Joy lives."

"WHAT?! HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOW? WHERE IS SHE? IS SHE OKAY?" I bombarded her with questions. My last 2 years have been literally dedicated in finding Joy's whereabouts. I didn't even know if she was alive or dead. I felt Wendy's soft grip on my shoulder when she made me sit down and calmed me down.

'Chill, Kang. I know exactly where she lives. She IS okay. In fact, I might add that she is, um, h-happy", said Wendy, in a trembling voice.

"Happy? Is she okay and happy? That's great, right? I-I mean, she has moved on from that horrible day. She has moved on. That's great." I mumbled to myself in disbelief. 

I know Wendy could tell that I was hurt. Howeve,r it seemed like she had something more to tell me.

"Seulgi, she did not move on. She actually has no memory of you, Seul. That's why she is happy with Taem- ", Wendy gulped her words down.

"With who? Taemin? Are you ing kidding me right now? And what do you mean she doesn't remember me? How do you know all this?" I asked all the questions that were bothering me. 

This can't be real. 

"The Chief, she's the reason behind this Seulgi. I shouldn't tell you anything but here goes nothing." she told me everything that happened "that day" after I was forced to leave the premises of my workplace.It was apparent that Wendy did not know everything that happened clearly, but after listening to Wendy, I decided two things.

1.I had to go see Joy, no matter what.

2. I have to confront my Chief, Bae Joohyun, about all of this.