Like a slow dance

I Love Making Your Heart Flutter

 

When Momo wakes up, she immediately covers her eyes from the sunlight, and blink a few times until be able to completely open them. She noticed that only Jihyo, Irene, Sooyoung, Chaeyoung, and Dahyun weren’t on the room anymore, she also noticed that Mina sleeping in the bed next to her and how she seems to be in a deep sleep.

She sleeps with closed, this is criminally cute”

And her eyebrow failure with her moles makes her somewhat even more adorable”
“No, wait, why I'm thinking this? God, I'm watching her sleep I'm such a creepy”
As soon as she noticed that she was watching Mina sleeps for a considerable kinda long time, she decided to get up since she didn’t have flip-flops or anything she just walked off with her bare feet.

While walking through the house, she noticed how many windows it has and how it at this hour of the morning, the house gets, even more, flaring while it still in the dark, but the weak yellow and pink light coming from outside can make the vision be clearer. The shadow of the threes also made beautiful shadows on the walls and the floor.

“I seriously need to grab my phone and go outside to take a picture of it while I can, but I’m so hungry...” She was walking towards the kitchen to see if there was a cup of milk, she didn’t want to feel so comfortable and eat anything, she still had her manners and limits. When she opened the door, she heard someone’s voice calling her.

“Hey Momo” Irene greeted, Momo could see that she was very sleepy.

“Hey Irene, when did you wake up?”

“Hmmm, I think I woke up like five minutes before you, anyway, we’re having breakfast in the living room since the back patio is soaked, let’s go before there’s nothing left and we’ll have to make everything over again”

Momo got her cellphone and earphones and followed Irene to the live room where the view of the cloudy but yet fascinating sunrise was even better.

“Good morning,” Momo said while snatching Chaeyoung's sandwich that she just had finished and sitting clumsily on the floor.

“Good morning thief,” Chaeyoung said while taking her sandwich back after Momo gave one bit on it.

“Hey, morning Momo, the rest still sleeping?” Eunwoo said sitting (almost falling, she probably was tired) on an armchair.

“Morning and yeah, I think they’re, but shouldn’t we wake them up to school?”

“The classes were canceled” Chaeyoung informed her “Just look at the email that school sent”

Momo quickly opened her cell phone and saw that among the notifications, there was indeed a school’s email.

Dear student,

we regret to inform that the classes of 06.14.2018 were canceled due the unforeseen storm that prejudiced the hole state, the schedules of this day will be passed as extra classes along the next weekend. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

 

We advise everyone to stay in your homes and wait until the authorities say it is safe to leave again.

 

If there is any other question or complaint, please send us an email and we will provide an appropriate and hopefully helpful answer as soon as possible.

 

Sincerely,

The direction.”

“So we’re stuck in here?”

“Just for a few more hours actually, I believe that we can go home from four or five pm” Sooyoung now said while randomly passing her fingers on her guitar.

“I can’t believe that we woke up so early for nothing,” Dahyun said while laying on the couch.

“Well, since the classes are canceled I have more time to practice my song for the theater”

“Did Jiwoo convinced you to play at this?” Eunwoo asked her curious since it was hard to convince her friend of doing anything at all.

“Yeah, she needed someone to sing that talks about a girl being cautious with her feelings, and waiting for the right moment and blah blah blah”

“Play it for them then, you guys are music lovers too right?” Eunwoo asked Momo, Chaeyoung, and Jihyo.

“We like it but the real Music lover here is Jihyo, we even call her the goddess of vocals,” Momo said giving Jihyo a little pat at her back.

“This is actually really nice, can you hear my song and tell me if it’s good?” Sooyoung asked her with a hopeful smile.

“I’m not professional or anything...”

“Lies!” Dahyun said getting quickly up and sitting on the couch “Help the girl Jihyo, come on”

“Ok then, play it”

Sooyoung straightened her backs, prepared her voice a bit, and started singing.

In a call that’s
just like the usual banter
One, two hours pass by
Something’s strange, how you feel?

The moonlight is getting heavy with time
While the flow of time changes
Give me more messages now
Talk to me before the timeout
Your obvious words
somehow made today different
Turning onto a night that
seems to conceal my useless trembling

A bridge decorated with a rainbow of twinkling stars
Hold on to what’s between us, don’t miss it, let go

Tell me
What you wanna do?
What you wanna do?

The sweet warmth that leaves me breathless
I think this is the moment right now babe’’

Momo wasn’t paying too much attention to the lyrics, she was more focused on the girl’s voice and the guitar, but somehow, the chorus captured her attention.

How you like me now?
Oh it feels like we might touch
In the back of my mind, you wrap
your arms around me and hold me
For now I’ll take just
one step closer, closely slowly
How do you like me? Could you tell me now?”

For now I'll take just one step closer, closely slowly… sounds like a good thing to do...”

Sooyoung kept singing, and when the song came to the end, all of them clapped and Jihyo told her how it was beautiful, and meanwhile, Mina appeared, wrapped in a blanket, silently and obliviously sleepy.

Good morning Minari, are you that cold” Sooyoung said laughing a bit at how her friend act like a kid sometimes.

Morning and yes,” Mina said incredibly low and sat lazily at Momo’s side on the floor “What are you guys doing? Aren’t we gonna be incredibly late for school?”

We would be if there was any class today, but they canceled because of the storm, so we ’re just listening to Sooyoung’s song,” Irene said to her.

Mina drank a bit of milk and asked.

“Is it for the theater?”

Yes, I just discovered that Jihyo is a music lover so I asked her to give her thoughts on my song”

Oooh, can you listen to mine too?” Mina asked her with an adorable smile that no one could say no to it.

I can, but I’m not that good, my opinion doesn’t worth that much...”

Another lie! She’s reeeally good Minari, you can play it” Momo said to her and Sooyoung gave her the guitar.

You’re going to play at this theater too?” Chaeyoung asked her.

Yes, me, Sooyoung, and Seulgi offered to sing on it since they needed persons to play those songs”

And when it will be anyway?” Momo asked since they didn’t hear about any theater and they have friends are from the theater and music club.

It will be only in the final of the year, so we divulge it so early, but we like to be prepared since the beginning of the year” Sooyoung explained.

What’s your song about Mina?” Jihyo asked her.

We all have songs that correspond with the history, Sooyoung’s song as you guys saw is about a person who likes someone but wants to take slow steps, mine is about someone who already admits that is crazy over that someone and all this person wants is to be with them, and Seulgi is about someone being thankful to the person who made them feel what is being in love and being loved”

So each one of you will sing in each stage of the presentation?” Dahyun asked trying to understand the idea.

Yes that’s pretty much it, now listen to mine song” Mina finished her cup of milk and started her song.

I feel so amazing
Feels like I’ve been waiting for you
Cause of our chemistry yeah

1 minute feels like 1 second
I’m falling into your eyes
I can’t escape

Wake up
I discovered you in one moment
Wait right there, my dream girl, oh yeah
Bells ring in my head
She’s the real deal”

Momo was paying attention to every single detail, the lyrics, Mina’s angelical voice, how she was good playing the music that was considerable fast even though she had just woke up, her little smile singing the song, how much excitement she put on the words, especially the parts “my dream girl” and “she’s the real deal”, almost like the music was the exact representation of her feelings on that moment.

Yeah yeah
I’ll say it in my way now
You’re so pretty, even all your details
You’ve shed that natural body image
All I need is you, I’m jumping around
Without a single moment of hesitation
Your answer is yes
Yes she is perfect
I’m not just saying that
I wanna be with you, I want to give myself to you”

Mina gave an eye-sided look at Momo in the last two lines but turned her face to the other side when their eyes meet and her cheeks got slightly pink, but it was almost invisible, so probably the only person who saw it was Momo.

I can’t sleep for you
I can’t sleep because of you
What’s so special about the real deal?
What’s so special about you?”

No, wait a minute...”
I can’t sleep for you
I can’t sleep because of you
What’s so special about the real deal?
What’s so special about you?”

There’s no way that the song really is a representation of her feelings right? She probably didn’t even picked the song, yeah, that’s it, she must have looked at me for other reason”

Turn Up
You appeared before my eyes
It’s the moment I’ve been waiting for, oh yeah
Bells ring in my head
She’s the real deal”

Momo noticed that she was now thinking too much of it, and how Mina’s smile turned into a mischievous smile when she looked at Momo again and saw her mini-panic.

I can’t stop loving you ahh”

Loving?!”

Feels good
Wo oh, she’s the real deal
Really really good
She’s different
Wo oh, she’s coming
Really really
She’s the real deal

You make me crazy
I’m falling
You drive me crazy
Yeah wo oh
She’s the real deal”

Everyone clapped at Mina’s little presentation, and right after she finished she asked what did Jihyo thought about it.

That was amazing, this song is seriously fast, I could never play this song with my bare fingers,” Jihyo said amazed by Mina’s talent.

And you Momo?” Mina now turned to her.

Uh? Me what?”

What did you thought about the song?”

I… Did you choose the song or they already had picked it and just told you to sing it?” Momo asked trying her best to don’t struggle with her words.

I actually wrote it with the guys of that band s.flying from the class B102” Mina answered her while giving Sooyoung the guitar back and relaxing her back at the couch and getting a bit closer to Momo “Jiwoo asked me to do a song that could make everyone see how the character was in love, so I just wrote pretty much my feelings”

I see, well it’s definitely a nice song, I didn’t even know that you could sing so well” Momo did think about asking more about the lyrics but she knew that the one that was going to end up panicking was her, not Mina.

That’s because this dumb insists on not caring that much about her voice, so almost no one knows that she can sing,” Eunwoo told to her, Momo couldn’t understand though, her voice is clearly beautiful.

I already told you that I don’t feel excited with the idea of doing a show for thousands of persons, I'm good where I'm now thank you very much”

Whatever you say, but now, I’m really curious, can you sing something too Jihyo?” Eunwoo asked her “After they said that you’re really good and everything I need to heart it”

Yeah, of course, Chaeyoung can you play the guitar for me?”

Yeah, which song?”

“’I’m your girl?’ by khan”

You asked me to play the guitar just because you know that I love to do the rap part of this song don’t you?”

Yes, now start it”

As the morning passed, they sang countless songs, counted several different stories every time a song make them remember of them, talked about their favorite artists and bands, the conversation went by other routes and they talked about the school in general, about video games, even about ice cream and which flavor was the superior flavor, they talked about so many things that the others woke up and found them on the living room chatting and occasionally end up joining them. They kept talking until 1 PM, then Sooyoung and Mina decided to do the lunch (that was going to be just rámen but still lunch). Meanwhile, Momo was on the floor of the media room playing ‘Journey’, it was one of the games that she always wanted to play but never had the money for it, so Mina told her to play it as far as she can while she was there, And Sana was on the couch listening to music and doing something that Momo didn’t care that much on her cell phone.

Momo, can I ask you something?”

Oh,” Momo paused the game and looked up to Sana “Yeah sure!” Momo didn’t have enough chances to talk with Sana yet, so she worried about what could Sana wants to talk to her.

Do you… feel anything at all, for someone?” Sana asked a bit scared that it might make Momo pissed.

By someone you don’t mean your best friend do you?”

No...”

Momo looked at her and waited for the real answer, Sana tried to look at other things but Momo didn’t stop looking at her.

Okay, maybe I am”

Sana...”

Yes, I am talking about her!”

If I give you an answer you’re going to give a best friend speech at me and try to threat me?” Momo asked with an annoyed face but deep inside she was dead scared that Sana would make her life a hell.

It depends on your answer”

What you mean it depends on my answer?”

Oh Momo” Sana sat in front of Momo on the floor and started playing with her nails, Momo could tell that she was clearly anxious.

Everyone knows that Mina is trying to be yours, but the thing is that no one knows how hard she’s trying...”

I don’t understand”

Mina always tease someone, she always has been like this, but it always only lasted one day or two, she makes out with the person and it never pass from it, she also do like minimal things to capture their attention, but with you she’s doing just so much, like, she even wrote a song about her feeling towards you, this is not something that Mina usually do, this is probably the first and last time that she will do it!” Momo was starting to understand where the conversation was going, Sana seeing to be worried that her friend was into someone that didn’t even liked her, and that Momo was just letting her being delusional instead of saying no to Mina.

You don’t want to see her broke do you?” Momo asked with a side-smile.

This is the last thing that I want”

Well, then I'm going to be one hundred percent honest with you Sana...”

Momo thought about everything, every little thing that Mina did or do to make her have feelings for her, and immediately she could see a list on her brain.

She is really passionate, she is calm, she has so many interesting hobbies, she breaks any stereotype that I saw on her, she’s very cheesy, she’s probably the most beautiful thing that I ever saw with my bare eyes, but yet, I'm scared of her, because I don’t want to fall so hard for someone, I don’t want to end up heartbroken for falling so fast for someone, I want to know more about Mina, I need to learn more about Mina before I let myself fall completely for her, I want to take steps closer and closer every minute, but yet, I want them to be very calm, very slow, I guess don’t want that this beautiful feeling be just temporary, something that don’t pass from a kiss, that become something meaningless in the future, I want to involve as many feelings as I can on it”

I do like Mina, but I can’t take things so fast, I’ll show to Mina all my feelings like she is doing with me, but it will be slowly, but just slow enough that I can show to her that I don’t want to let this thing that we can be, turns in something so fast, something that both of us will enjoy at one very specific second, but on the other, we don’t want it anymore, I want it to be almost in slow motion, that both of us will enjoy, will take our time to appreciate every little detail, with no rush, just her and I, learning new things about each other everyday, finding something that we like each other everyday, and make it be as long as we can”

Momo said all this looking at the floor, letting her thoughts just flow out of her mind, and when she finished her reasoning, she looked up at Sana and saw how the other girl was speechless after all this.

I… damn it I didn’t expect all this”

I’m sorry about it I don’t even remember what I just said i-”

No, don’t be sorry! Is just that I was really scared that you would say that you don’t like her and everything, I'm really happy that you feel the same for her. But this doesn’t change the fact that I’ll definitely get angry if you hurt her” both of them laughed but Sana spoke again.

Now I need to know other things” She was with a serious face again, scaring Momo a bit.

Can you help me to get closer with your friend Dahyun?” She said broke up the serious face and was with a silly smile on her face again.

NO WAY! The blonde girl that Tzuyu talked about is Dahyun-yah?!”

Yep,” she answered exclaiming the “P”.

Dang, I thought it was Jeong, well, if you want to talk more with her you should start visiting the photography club, she loves cameras and never misses a club meeting, oh and yeah, you might find her around the school taking photos for the school’s yearbook” Momo told her and Sana looked like she was doing mental notes, trying to not forget anything to already try to more with Dahyun already in the next week.

Ok, I think I got, now the last one”

What’s it?”

Can I call you Momoring too? Calling the others by their names is really boring” She asked with a pout and Momo couldn’t help but laugh.

Sure you can, but only if I can call you Sana-chan”

It’s a deal!” They shook their hands but got interrupted by Sooyoung calling everyone to lunch.

Momo quickly got up and extended her hand to help Sana.

Let’s go”

Freaking athletics you guys even got up faster than anyone how is this possible” Sana rumbled but accepted Momo’s hand and both of them went to the dining room.

 

After the lunch, all of them received a notification saying that the authorities already authorized people to get out of their homes.

Ok that’s a good thing but how are we going to our homes if both Mina’s and Sana’s cars are dead?” Jennie asked more to herself while looking at her phone.

I actually can get some gas at the gas station, I just need to get my bike” Chaeyoung offered.

the streets are soaked you’re going to fall even before you get the gas” Jeongyeon quickly cuts of her idea.

I’ll go there and get the gas by myself them, I just need the money,” Momo said.

How are you going to walk with two full gals of gas?” Mina asked worried since it was a bit too heavy.

It’s not heavier as it looks actually...” Momo tried to lie, she didn’t want anyone going with her, she didn’t have any specific reason, she just didn’t want her friends to do a hard working while she can do it by herself.

Don’t try to play the Supergirl, I’m going with you” Jeongyeon said while Mina handed them the money.

Both of them went out, and Jeongyeon didn’t give Momo any break, loading her of question about her and Mina like “So you guys are not a thing even if both of your wishes that it was a thing?” or “Are you going to do something? Are you going to take the first step? Why you don’t do something that is discreet yet oblivious confession for her like she did to you with that song?” and several others, and all Momo could answer is that she didn’t want it to be rushed and she doesn’t even know yet the corrects words to describe to Mina what she feels.

After tons of shutdown’s of Jeongyeon infinities questions, they finally get back to Mina’s house and help her to clean the house up before they leave.

Thanks for the gas Momoring, and thanks for not killing me and letting us stay Minari!” Sana said hugging her friend.

I kinda did the same thing that you did so I guess it’s okay” Mina chuckled on her friend’s arms.

And those 2 days were really nice, you guys are really nice, I hope that we can do this more often,” Sana said to everyone in Momo’s group.

The same goes for you guys, we should do this again anytime, but just not rushed like it was” Momo offered.

I hope it happens, anyway, I'm taking them home now, bye guys!” Sana said opening her door but stopped and turned to Momo “And I see you at our class Monday Momoring!” She waved and smiled at Momo, and she waved back at her.

Mina and Momo were the last ones who entered Mina’s car, she got everyone home’s address and dropped one by one on their home, making sure to go with them until their porch and apologize to their parents, even if all of them said it wasn’t necessary, or said to her that thought that she was their daughter’s new girlfriend, Momo thought that it was real luck that Mina has an easy-going personality so she didn’t make the conversation with their friend’s parents awkward.

The last one to was Momo, she lived far away from the school but still attend to it because she didn’t want to lose her scholarship.

We’re finally here, how do you go to the school every day in time?”

I just woke up super early and pray that the bus doesn’t bail on me” Mina laughed at Momo answered laugh and was ready to open the door and go with her but Momo tried to stop her.

You don’t need to do it Minari...”

You know that I'm going anyway, so let’s just go”

Momo really knew that she couldn’t stop Mina, so she just accepted and walked with Mina until her porch. Momo got her key and opened the door, there wasn’t anyone in the home, so she just entered and turned to Mina.

There’s no one home, but I feel bad that you had to come all the over here just to drop me at my house, so do you wanna a cup of water or something?”

No Momoring please, I did it because I wanted, since there’s no one home I’m going, I hope that we will see each other again next week,” Mina said with a smile to Momo.

Ok then, but before you go I need to tell you something”

Oh, ok, go ahead”

Momo went down the little doorstep and got closer to Mina, making the other be a bit surprised. She hugged Mina and talked close to her ear, but not to close, she didn’t want to tease the girl, she just felt like she needed to explain to her situation.

I do like you Minari, and I guess that’s because I want it to be like a… like a slow dance, I want to take my time on it and show you all my feelings towards you, slowly and nice, learn a lot about you and teach you tons of things about me, and build something serious with you, not something of one or two days you know, you’re too good to don’t expand all the time that is necessary with you.” She finished the last sentenced and finally gave the girl a peck at her cheek back and smiled and for the first time really red, and with a small shocked yet happy expression.

So I’m already on the step of you liking me back?”

Yeah, you’re but there’s no need to be so full of yourself”

Mina opened her smile and hugged her back.

Of course I'm going to be full of myself! The nicest and well-looking of the school really do like me back, this is such a thing to be proud of you know” Momo laughed and looked down hiding her flushed cheeks.

And to let you know, we can do it in any velocity, I’m very patient when I want” Mina finally let go of Momo, and gave her one more kiss at the cheek.

See you next weekend Momoring”

Bye Minari, and thank you again for the ride”

You’re more than welcome” Mina finally got in her car, gave Momo the last wave and started driving.

Momo enteron her home, rushed to her room and jumped into her bed with the company of thousands of thoughts on her mind, but the one that Momo tried to focus more was the one that she wasn’t scared of even if by little steps, allow herself to be truthful about her feelings, and that Monday would be the beginning of a totally different yet promising, page of her life.