008

Byun & Park

 

4 y.o (Kindergarten)

Hana scanned the room with curiousity. She tugged her Mom’s sleeve “Mom, where are we?”

Her mom kneeled down in front of her “We are invited by my long time friend for a bbq dinner. You like bbq, right sweetie?” She carressed Hana’s cheek.

Hana smiled and nodded “I like bbq!” She giggled.

Her mom kissed her cheeks and stood up “You will meet their son. He is nice. You have a playmate now.”

Hana jumped up and down “Really mom?”

Her mom chuckled at Hana’s cuteness.

They reached the balcony where the bbq dinner will be held.

Hana sat down in silence while her mom was talking to her friend.

Hana felt someone poked at her back. She whipped her head and she saw a boy with a glasses.

He offered her a chocolate and shyly smiled at her.

Hana looked at him and took the chocolate.

His mom approached Hana and sat down in front of her. “You must be Park Jisoo’s daughter. Nice to meet you, I’m Park Eunhee.”

Hana nodded meekly while chewing the chocolate. She replied in a cute way “I am Park Hana. Nice to meet you too~”

Her mom walked towards them and patted Hana’s head. Jisoo smiled “She’s a shy girl.”

Eunhee chuckled “She’s cute. Oh! By the way, did you meet my son? The one who gave you chocolates?”

Hana nodded and pouted “but.. he didn’t tell me his name.”

Eunhee called her son and held his hand “This is Park Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol smiled at her “Hi! I’m Chanyeol!”

Hana smiled “Hello! I’m Hana.”

 

————————————

 

9 y.o (3rd grade)

 

Hana smiled when Chanyeol was dropped off at their home.

Hana ran towards the door and hugged him.

Chanyeol was pushed a bit due to impact. He chuckled “Hello, Hana.”

She grabbed his hand and ran towards the home theater. 

When they arrived at the area, she sat down and Chanyeol automatically sat beside her.

He asked while chewing some popcorn “What’s the title?”

”101 Dalmatians”

”After this, what~”

Hana looked at him and smiled “PS4?”

Chanyeol nodded excitedly and drank his orange juice “Need for speed?”

Hana nodded “Game!”

 

————————————

 

11 y.o (5th grade)

 

Chanyeol smiled when he saw Hana was dropped off at their house.

Her mom kissed her cheeks and patted her head. Hana smiled and waved a goodbye to her parents.

Hana grabbed her bag and went inside the house.

Eunhee smiled at her “Hi Hana! How are you?”

Hana kissed Eunhee’s cheeks “I’m fine, Aunt Eunhee. Where is Chanyeol?”

Eunhee replied while getting snacks for them to eat “In his room, Hana.”

Hana nodded “Okay. I’ll go inside.”

 

Hana was in her pink stripped set of pajamas while Chanyeol was wearing a navy blue pajama and a white shirt.

They were playing xbox when his mom went inside.

Eunhee said “Okay, time for bed now kids. It’s already 10pm.”

Chanyeol pouted “Can we extend mom?”

Eunhee shook her head “Both of you can still play tomorrow.”

Hana yawned cutely and tugged his shirt “C’mon yeolie. Let’s sleep.”

She tiptoed and kissed Eunhee on her cheeks “Goodnight, Aunt Eunhee.”

Chanyeol kissed his mom “Goodnight!”

When both of them settled at the bed, Eunhee put a blanket over them. “Goodnight kids. Sweet dreams.”

 

————————————

 

13 y.o (7th grade)

 

Chanyeol smiled when he saw their names at the honors list. 

He turned his head sideways when he heard a certain voice.

”Yeolie!!”

He chuckled when he saw how Hana was catching her breath.

Hana wiped her sweat “Did we made it?”

Chanyeol nodded “Yes”

She gasped and looked at the bulletin board “Oh my gosh! Congrats to us, Yeollie!” She hugged him.

Chanyeol hugged her in return and patted her back. He chuckled “Up for some ice cream?”

Hana nodded “Mint choco!”

 

Hana sighed while waiting for Chanyeol. She was observing her happy virus bestfriend who was still ordering. She didn’t know how to tell him about going to New York to continue her studies. Hana closed her eyes to prevent her tears from falling.

Hana knows that she will hurt him and she doesn’t want that.

Chanyeol sat down in front of her and bopped her head “Hey! you okay?”

She looked up and smiled at him. “I am.”

He setteled the foods infront of them. He pushed the bowl of mint choco towards her.

”Here is your order, munchkin”

Hana glared at him “So, you’re calling me names. 1st shortcake and now munchkin.”

He chuckled while sipping his chocolate milkshake “I like munchkin though.”

Hana groaned and crossed her arms “Why munchkin? Am I that small to you? Huh?”

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders “Compared to me, you are small. You should be thankful I did not called you dwarf or midget or~”

Hana flicked his forehead with her clean plastic spoon. “Ya! It’s because you are a giant!”

He laughed and shook his head “You’re cute.”

Hana was about to reply but she got cut-off as he shove a spoonful of icecream at her.

She glared at him. Chanyeol poked his tongue at her “Your icecream is melting already. Eat it.”

Hana groaned and ate her ice cream grumpily.

He chuckled “Right. I have something to tell you.”

She looked at him while grabbing his tuna sandwich “Shoot.”

Chanyeol just smiled as Hana ate his favorite sandwich “Tomorrow is my basketball tournament. If we win, we will play for championship. I hope you’ll watch, Munchkin. It would mean a lot to me.”

Hana rolled her eyes and put the sandwich back at his plate “You have a lot of admirers, giant. You don’t need me to cheer for you.”

Chanyeol pouted and slouched his back “but.. I don’t want them. I want you.”

Hearing that from him, Hana felt her heart break into pieces. She doesn’t have a guts to tell him about it. Not now. Both of them knows that they need each other. 

Hana chuckled and playfully punched his arm “I’ll be there. Don’t worry.”

 

 

Hana was at the gym watching the basketball tournament.

She shouted when Chanyeol performed the reverse 360 dunk that got the crowd wild and shouting at the top of their lungs “Go giant! Go go go! I love you!”

Chanyeol heard her voice and turned around to look for her. Hana smiled and waved her hand enthusiastically.

He smiled and winked at her. Hana squealed and sat down. She ignored the stares she receives.

In the 4th quarter, she bit her nails as both teams were tie.

She shouted among with the fans “Ya, giant! You better win!!”

A minute till the end of the game, it seems that the time was slowed down. The students were now on there feet chanting a cheers to there specific team.

Hana’s hands were now sweaty as Chanyeol was the one who got the ball. 

Chanyeol dribbled while looking at his opponent intently. He looked at the clock, a seconds left to end the game.

When he saw his opponent slightly distracted, he immediately side stepped and shoot the ball at the 3pt line.

The crowd cheered when the ball went inside the basket. Hana’s smile widened and jumped excitedly while chanting “Yeollie! You’re the best!!”

The coach gathered his players and congratulated them.

Chanyeol leaned against the wall while catching his breath. He bumped fist with his teammates.

”Nice game, Yeol.”

He smiled “Thanks.”

”Let’s aim for the championship title.”

”Ofcourse!”

Hana ran towards him and shouted “Giant!”

He looked up and smiled “Hana!”

Hana stood infront of him and smiled “Congrats!”

Chanyeol pouted “No hug?”

She scrunched her nose “Later. You stink.”

He rolled his eyes and ruffled her hair “Thanks for watching.”

She nudged him and grinned “Proud of you, giant.”

”You should be!”

“That dunk tho!”

”Cool, right?”

 

It was now a day before the basketball championship. Chanyeol wiped his sweat and picked up his gym bag. He dialed Hana’s number but she was not picking up. He frowned when he did not received any text messages from her.

He was walking towards the school ground when he heard his classmates whispering at each other that made him stilled.

His brows knitted while gripping hard at his bag strap.

”Did you know Hana will transfer?”

”I thought it was just a rumor?”

”I heard our teacher talked to her earlier.”

”Really?”

”Yeah and its kinda sad that she won’t finish her studies here. I mean, she’s one of our honor student.”

”I know. She’s also nice when you got to know her.”

Chanyeol did not want to eavesdrop anymore as he ran towards the parking lot and told his driver to drive towards Hana’s house.

He tried calling her again, but no avail. He gripped his phone. He mumbled “Is it true?”

When he arrived, he told his driver to wait for him. He exhaled slowly as he reached the lot. He was about knock when Butler Kim greeted him.

Chanyeol gulped “Is Hana inside?”

Butler Kim was about to reply when Jisoo saw him.

”Chanyeol? What are you doing over there? Come inside.”

Chanyeol stepped inside the Park’s modern mansion and walked towards Jisoo. He kissed her cheeks as a sign of respect.

”Aunt Jisoo, where’s Hana?”

Jisoo looked at him confusingly “I thought she’s with you?”

He shook his head “I tried calling her but she won’t answer.”

”but.. Aunt? Is it true?”

Jisoo looked at him and she sadly smiled. “Our flight will be tomorrow afternoon.”

He took a step back and blinked. He felt his breath got cut-off “Tom~tomorrow?”

”Yes.”

 

 

”You told him?!”

Jisoo frowned “I thought he already knew.”

Hana groaned “Mom! I told you not to tell him! It’s his championship game tomorrow!”

Hana grabbed the big box and called butler Kim to assist her. She told her mom “I’ll go to him.”

 

Hana arrived at Chanyeol’s house. She knocked and was greeted by Eunhee.

Hana bit her lip “Chanyeol?”

Eunhee sadly smiled “He knows about it.”

Her lips quivered “I was planning to tell him but.. but I don’t want him to be distracted during his training. I~I’m so sorry.”

Eunhee caressed her cheeks “I understand. He’s upstairs. Try talking to him.”

 

Hana went upstairs and knocked at his door.

”Giant?”

She heard a thud and a mumbled shout “Go away, Hana!”

She sighed “Let me in?”

”No!”

”Please?”

”I said no!!”

Her shoulders slumped and put down the big box. “I was about to tell you but I don’t want you to be distracted.”

Silence...

”I’m so sorry if I hurt you. You know that I’m always be here for you. Please. Can I go in? I~I want to see you.”

Silence...

”Giant?”

Silence...

”I won’t go away if you’ll not open the door.”

 

Hana rubbed her eyes as she saw Eunhee infront of her. She fell asleep outside his room while waiting for Chanyeol to come out.

She patted Hana’s back “Your parents are here to fetch you.”

Hana sighed and stood up. She looked at Chanyeol’s room longingly. She knocked again.

”Goodluck on your game tomorrow. You should win, okay?”

 

Chanyeol opened his room after a while. He saw a large box at his door. He dragged it inside.

He opened it and his eyes widened. It was a guitar. The one that he eyed everytime they went to the mall.

There was a note and plucked it. His eyes became teary as he read it.

‘I’m so sorry.

Win the championship, alright?!

I will still be your munchkin so don’t ever gave that nickname to anyone!

Hope you like my gift.

I love you, my giant! <3’

-Munchkin

 

—————————————

Flashback! :)