001

Byun & Park

DAY 1 - Friday

 

Hana glanced at her watch. She clicks a certain button to stop its beeping sound. She covered as she yawn.

She looked up as she heard someone entered the coffee shop at exactly 12 midnight.

Byun Baekhyun slowly walked towards the counter as he gets his wallet at the back pocket of his pants.

Hana inhaled and held her breath as she saw him closely. It was her first time working during this shift as she was always assigned from 6pm to 10pm.

She slowly exhaled and murmured to herself “I think he’s the 12 midnight guy they always talked about”

”12 midnight guy?”

She gasped and blinked. He smirked a little but kept his poker face “I guess I am”

He gave her his money and pocketed both of his hands “the usual”

She bit her lips and cleared “the usual?”

He looked at her and tilted his head “I guess you are new here. Caramel Frappe. Medium sized.”

She was about to ask his name but he turned around and walked towards his favorite seat.

Hana sighed and proceed on making his drink.

Baekhyun get his new book and started reading it.

After 10 minutes, Hana delivered his drink.

She put the drink carefully at his table. ”Here’s your drink, Sir. Thank you.”

She bowed and walked away. He put his book down and took his drink. He was about to sip when he noticed the name of the cup.

 

12 midnight guy ^^

 

He shook his head and smiled slightly.

After a while, Hana dozed off a little. Baekhyun noticed the way she bops her head cutely then after how many minutes, she will slap her cheeks lightly to keep her awake.

He put his book down and checked his phone.

1:50am

He saw her standing up and stretched her arms. Hana took off her apron and folded it neatly. She smiled as she saw her workmate entered the coffee shop.

”Jaekyung!”

Jaekyung blinked as she saw Baekhyun watching them. She briskly walks away and proceeds to approach Hana and hugged her.

”He’s here”

”Who?”

”12 midnight guy”

Hana nodded “Yeah”

Jaekhyung leaned towards her and whispered “Do you know his name?”

Hana shook her head “No”

Jaekhyung pouted “I thought he told you”

”I was about to ask him but he walked away”

Jaekyung sighed and checked her watch “It’s time for me to do the work”

Hana yawned but still smiled. Jaekyung hands Hana her things and held both of her shoulders “Go home. Alright? You still have school later.”

Hana chuckled “I will”

Jaekhyung patted her head “Good. Text me.”

Hana smiled and waved at Jaekyung “I will. Bye!”

 

 

DAY 2 - Saturday

 

Hana entered the coffee shop and greeted her co-worker.

She smiled “Hello, Aya”

Aya hugged her “Hey, how are you?”

”I’m fine. Just a little tired.”

Aya frowned “Yah. You are over working again. Don’t forget that we still have to survive our senior year.”

”I am surviving!”

”Why are you still working anyway? I mean.. you are rich. Your parents are managing a big companies. You are the future heir and CEO! So, why are you working your off?”

Hana pouted “I want to save money for my tuition”

Aya frowned and crossed her arms “For what?”

”You know I want to be a Fashion designer right?”

Aya nodded “I know that”

”but they want me to take business. I don’t like it”

Aya sighed “Just talk to your parents. Alright? Try talking to them about it”

Hana exhaled and smile “I will”

Aya is Hana’s bestfriend. Only Aya knows the real background of Hana. Hana is one of a heck talented artist but her parents are so strict. They want Hana to take up business course so that she knows how to handle their companies.

Hana was now getting ready for her 10pm-2am shift. She was now wearing her uniform. Suddenly, Aya grabbed her arm.

”Did 12 midnight guy went here yesterday?”

Hana nodded “Yeah. Why?”

”Did he gave you his name?”

She shook her head “No”

Aya sighed and she looked at Hana with her mischievous look.

Hana glared at her “I don’t like your look. Get away from me”

Aya chuckled “Try asking him. Please?”

”Why me?”

”Because Me, Jaekyung and Nayeon failed. It is you who have not ask him yet”

”I’ll try. Okay?”

Aya smiled and pump her hands upward “Yes”

Hana chuckled “You interested in him?”

”He’s cute”

”Alright”

Hana started her shift. The customers are now exiting the coffee shop as it was nearing midnight.

She was waiting for him to arrive at the coffee shop while reviewing her notes. At exactly 12 midnight, the door opened. She looked up and here he was with his bad boy look entering the coffee shop.

Hana was now thinking on how to get his name.

She was about to ask him when Baekhyun beat her to it. He gave her his money “Usual”

Then he turned around and walked away. He proceeds to sit at his favorite spot while reading a book. His usual routine.

Hana prepared his drink. After a while, she took a small post it and wrote a note. She stick it to his cup.

She delivered his drink. “Here’s your drink, Sir. Enjoy”

She walked away immediately with her heart beating so fast. She was embarrased with what she did.

Baekhyun blinked as he saw a sticky note at his cup. He plucked it and read it.

 

Care to tell me your name, Sir? :)

 

He smirked.

 

 

———————————————————————————