four

These diamonds last forever

I stopped in my tracks and stared at the figure in front of me.
'You're here...how are...what...how?' I muttered.
'It's a dream remember? anything can happen' Jonghyun said and smiled.
I didn't know how to react, I was rooted to the spot but eventually, I did run to him and wrap my arms around him and cried into his chest as he held me close to him.
'I'm sorry Taemin, I'm so sorry' he whispered.
I looked up at him with watery eyes'why did you do it? why did you have to leave me?'
'Things have been bad for a while now you know that but you're so much stronger than I was,you can do this, I'm so proud of you'
'I can't do any of it without you' I said 'why didn't you talk to me about it,I could have helped you'
I didn't want to drag you down with me, you were doing so welll I didn't want to ruin it'
'It's been our dream since we were kids, you wouldn't have ruined anything' I told him.
'Always so positive' he said.
'Stop it, just stop it. you told me once that we were made to meet and become friends because we were both imperfect people that made each other perfect so you wouldn't have done anything wrong'
'You remembered all of that from all those years ago?' he seemed shocked.
'Of course I do' he sighed.
'Sometimes things don't always work out the way we want them to' he said quietly.
'I want you back' I told him 'I can't do this without you'
'Yes you can and you will' he hugged me again 'and besides,I'm still here with you,I'm always here and I'll keep coming to see you'
'You better had' I told him
'Can't get rid of me that easily' he winked.
And then I woke up

JONGHYUN'S POV
It hurt me to see Taemin like that but at least now he knew that although I was gone physically that I was still there for him.
I sat down and watched him go about his daily routines  and smiled to myself, he was always socute and predictable but it was what made him the Taemin I knew and loved.
'So how did it go?' Lily appeared beside me.
'I think ti went okay' I said 'he seemed happy that I could still be around with him somehow'
She smiled 'that's good, I'm happy for the both of you'
'Thank you'I smiled back then continued to watch 'I'm here Taeminnie, you can do it'
I watched as he made his way to possible the rest of his life.
I worried for him, he would have to tell others that I wasn't around anymore, he was strong though, he could do it...and he did...he'd been strong up until they all decided to hug him and then he cried...I didn't think about what I wasdoing at that moment, I just reached out and...