two

These diamonds last forever

Jonghyun's POV
I was a y friend, I was selfish and cowardly, I had left my best friend all alone...I had explained why, well I'd tried to anyways, I hoped he would understand, I hoped he wouldn't give up. I would always be there for him, I would look after him from up here, whereever here was....I looked around, it looked as though I was still in Seoul but it looked, paler...like it was the image from a book...there were also little holes all over the place, I walked over to one and peered inside.
It was as though I was watching people go about their daily lives, it was really weird but also kinda cool.
'You must be new' said a voice behind me. I jumoed and turned around 'sorry I didn't mean to scare you'
'It's fine. Where exactly is here?'
'The afterlife' she replied 'it's exactly the same as the life you had before except you're dead' she looked around 'it's kind of gloomy here, I won't ask how it happened' she paused 'or why, that's your business' It was dark here because of what I'd done? I shivered.
I turned back to the little screens.
'What are these?' I asked.
'They're so you can keep an eye on the ones you left behind, make sure they're okay etc'
I was too scared to see Taemin right now.

Taemin's POV
I didn't understand. I just didn't get it, why would he do this? Why would he leave me just like that? Why didn't he talk to me? I might have been able to help him. How was I supposed to carry on now? What was I going to do about our dream? There was no way I could do it now, not on my own.
I slid down my bedroom wall and hung my head in my hands.
I wanted to cry, why wasn't I crying? I was a horrible person, no wonder Jonghyun had left me.
I didn't know what to do.
I was all alone, the only one who ever understood me was gone forever. I closed my eyes.
Suddenly I was back in middle school and I'm cowering behind Jonghyun after he confronted the bullies that had been picking on me, they were laughing at him but he was standing his ground.
'Go and pick on someone your own size' he shouts at them and they laugh more.
'You wann watch who you mess with' one of them says before shoving him into the lockers and walking off.
'A-are you alright Jonghyun?' I ask

'Of course I am' he smiles as I help him to his feet.
'Why did you do that?' They could have really hurt you' I sniffled.
'You're my best friend' he said simply 'I'll always be around to look after you' he ruffled my hair.

Now I was crying, big ugly tears streamed down my face. He promised he'd always be there for me and now he wasn't
'Please come back Jonghyun' I sobbed 'Please don't be dead Hyung, please come back, I need you back. I'll do anything just please' The tears kept coming and I kept begging but it was no good.
I curled into a ball and just cried untill there were no more tears left.