one

These diamonds last forever

Taemin's POV
We were inseprible, so much so that we used to get mistaken for brothers rather than just friends. Jonghyun was like my other half and he meant the world to me.
'We'll be friends forever right?' I asked him once when we were younger.
'Of course we will. You can't get rid of me that easily Taeminnie' he smirked and I frowned.
'You said you wouldn't call med that anymore' I huffed 'I'm not that much younger than you!'
He laughed at me 'I'm still older though so there' he stuck out his tounge.
No wonder people thought we were brothers, Jonghyun acted like he was all the time, he stuck up for me and took the blame for things even when we were both at fault.
'What are you doing?' I asked him once outside the headmaster's office.
He just shrugged 'everyone expects it from me, I'm the known trouble maker' he winked 'we wouldn't want your reputation ruined now would we?' I shook my head at him.
'You're an idiot' I told him.
He smiled 'but you wouldn't want it any other way' he replied.
He had a point.
I sighed to myself.

'Whatcha thinking so hard about?' I turned to see Jonghyun with a mouthful of toast.
'Just how long we've been friends and how I've put up with you all these years' I said.
'Duh, it's cause I'm amazing'
'If you say so' I smirked and he stuck his tounge out at me like when we were kids.
I was so lucky to have someone like Jonghyun in my life, he was so grounded but also knew how to have a good time, He always stuck up for what he thought was right and always tried to help those that needed it the most. He was one of those rare humans that actually gave a damn.
Why the heck had he stuck around me for so long. Probably best not to answer that question.
'So, are you all ready for your big break?' he asked.
'You mean our big break. We're doing this together Jjjong, it's what we've been working towards since we were kids'
'You were always better at it than me anyways'

I was starting to get worried.
'What do you mean? Where has all this come from?'
'I'm proud of you Taeminnie, remember that okay? Always remember that I'm proud of you and always will be'
'Jonghyun...'
He smiled a sad sort of smile and then hugged me.