eight - first kiss

homebird [seulrene]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the next chapters, I will finally stop stalling and build up what happened to Seulgi and Irene in the past :(((((

8pm

They were walking hand on hand, laughing and teasing each other. Both girls just got off their taxi and heads for a nearby restaurant that Seulgi told Joohyun about. "It's not that fancy or anything, but the food is so good." Seulgi tried to explain to the girl beside her who's intently listening to her. Joohyun found it endearing that Seulgi is trying to explain everything to her, justifying that the restaurant might not be that fancy but the food is good.

"Yah, I don't care if it's a five-star restaurant or a cheap one. As long as I'm with you, anything will do." Joohyun assured the girl, making Seulgi smile.

They entered a Korean Restaurant that served traditional Korean Dishes and the restaurant also let its customers to grill meat. The place had a lot of people but it wasn't enough to crowd the restaurant, and because of that fact Seulgi felt comforted. "Oh good, we can have that seat,” she pointed to the very back of the restaurant near a huge window that oversees the city lights. “I think the atmosphere near the windows would make it a bit romantic." Seulgi told Joohyun with a thoughtful face, making the shorter girl with delight.

They headed to their chosen table and took their seats. Both of them smiled at each other, "Are you okay?" Seulgi asked Joohyun who nodded and smiled in response. "Yeah.” She responded.

"What do you want to order?" Seulgi asked her intently.

"You can order for me." Joohyun replied. "Arraso." Seulgi asked for the waiter for the menu who obliged immediately. As Seulgi ordered their food, Joohyun found herself hypnotized by Seulgi in general. She never thought that she'll be falling hard for someone very close to her. If her heart could speak someone’s name, sh knew that it would be Seulgi’s name.

 

"Joohyun-ah, you're staring at me." Seulgi teased the girl sitting across her. "I know I'm easy to look at but at least you could be subtle about it." Joohyun loved this version of Seulgi, the version who loved to . Her stomach felt all the butterflies inside. Kang Seulgi, your impact on me is unbelievable.

Joohyun stuck her tongue out at Seulgi who only laughed in delight. "Who are you to tell me anyways?" Joohyun smiled and then it dawned into her that the question is a little stupid. She didn’t mean to ask it. What are we? She almost regretted saying those words. Both girls knew there was something between them but there were no labels. Not yet anyways.

"I'm just a very close friend now," there was confidence in Seulgi's words that oddly turned her on. Joohyun's face flushed with redness and it didn't go unnoticed by Seulgi. "Let's have our dinner first and I'll ask you a question."

"Seulgi-ah, what's gotten into you?" Joohyun could literally feel the electricity all throughout her body. "You're so confident."

"I don't actually know." Seulgi truthfully replied, "I'm just happy." Me too, Joohyun wanted to say but all she could reply is a simple muttering of "Hmmm."

“To be honest, I never thought that I could be this confident around you, you know?” Seulgi said smiling. “I’m just happy I could be near you and all that. Just being around you makes me feel a lot you know?” Seulgi tried to explain but it was harder than she expected. “Just tell me if I’m creeping you out or something. I don’t want to scare you.”

“You’re not.” Joohyun relied chuckling, “The funny thing is, I have become shyer when I’m around you. It’s kinda funny, I thought I’d be the confident one.” She said.

“How ironic huh?”

The food Seulgi ordered for both of them arrived, and it was a feast in Joohyun's eyes. It was all traditional food that both of them loved. “This is a lot.” Joohyun said looking at Seulgi who avoided her stares for a reason. She wanted to impress me. “Yep. I hope you’re hungry.” Seulgi replied.

They started to eat together. All throughout dinner, they talked about the most random things and it didn't bother them at all. They talked about how beautiful the night is, why the ahjusshi near the entrance door is eating alone looking sulky, they even talked about debuting together so soon.

"I can't believe we'll be debuting soon." Joohyun told Seulgi with a sigh of relief. The time they finally waited for so long is almost at their grip. The SM heads told them that they'll be debuting before long, still they couldn’t give them a specific date or month, yet they assured them that they’ll be debuting this year.

The word debut made Seulgi feel sick inside. It took her almost seven years to finally debut, her close friends all left debuting before her. It was devastating at first but she knew she works hard and is patient, after all the years of hardships she’s finally near her dreams and it made her so happy yet she felt sick because of being so nervous.

"Me too." is all she could say. “What do you think would be our group name then?”

Joohyun processed the question, thinking hard while chewing a piece of Bulgogi. “Maybe they’ll call us something weird. Maybe like, Green Peas or something? Joohyun tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter