six - the wall

homebird [seulrene]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Seulgi confession both girls remained close, but there was somewhat a wall between them. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. Both Joohyun and Seulgi wants themselves to be near with each other, to touch the other person, to talk to them. But they can't because of the damned intagible awkward wall between them.

However, the stolen glances they give to each other did not remain unnoticed by the rest of the girls or even between them. Wendy knew what was happening between her friends, since she was woken up by a slam Joohyun made when Seulgi finally confessed to her.

"Unnie... Why did you slam the-" Before she could finish, Joohyun lunged at her squealing, Wendy was obviously horrified by the oldest sudden vibe, "What the?"

Joohyun's smile almost reached her ears when she replied whispering, "Seulgi just confessed to me. My plan actually worked!"

Wendy remained frozen her eyes wide open, “No way!” she squealed in response. The sudden reaction from Wendy made Joohyun jump, Joohyun immediately covered it with her hands, forgetting about the Daises Seulgi just gave her. Wendy almost ate the Daises. She almost slapped it away from her face, to cough it out since it was all over her face, but then it suddenly dawned in to her that Seulgi gave those flowers to Joohyun. "Did she just gave you your favorite flowers?"

Blushing, Joohyun replied with a smile, "Yes, I think she did. She was wearing the coat her father gave her, and her hands," just the thought of her hand brushing against Seulgi's made her stomach feel tingly. "Her hands were cold yet it was soft..."

Teasing, Wendy giggled and poked Joohyun's side. "Ohhh, you're blushing..." The girl noted making Joohyun blush even more. Joohyun was shaking her head when Wendy rolled her eyes, "Unnie, stop shaking your head like that. You can't even see your face. It’s really red.”

Joohyun stayed silent, staring at the Daises on her grip. Her hands were cold and soft. I bet she was nervous saying those words to me, yet in the end she let it all out. Confidently. She felt her smile, again.

"Woah," Wendy stopped and stared at the Daises firmly secured on her Unnie's hand. " Seulgi obviously got those at the flower shop near here, and it opens very early." Joohyun's eyes gleamed. "She went there pretty early huh." The eldest blushed again making her friend laugh.

Did she sleep last night thinking about getting me these?  

I bet she did.

Hours later, Seulgi took her bath and tried to smell and look decent before going to SM. She'll be dancing all day today with a choreographer and she’ll make time to practice on her own for the weekly evaluation next week. Her and Joohyun were hiding inside their rooms and Seulgi found it somewhat relieving. I have absolutely no idea what to do next, the thought made her heart beat faster. However, she misses her already even they just saw each other. Seulgi wanted to be near her and it because she doesn't know how to approach her with comfort, especially now. 

Joohyun was inside her room trying to fix herself, putting make up and ready to go to school. I might see her outside, what should I do? Just the thought seeing Seulgi made her blush. Now that both finally confessed their feelings, everything seemed to be shifting. It has become exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.

Both left the dorm without seeing each other. Seulgi left first assuming Joohyun would want to have her space. Maybe she's still processing everything that has happened, I'll give her time then, Seulgi thought shutting the door behind her and left. When Joohyun heard the door shut, she immediately ran outside the room, "Seul?"

The noise of silence echoed inside the room. I guess she already left to practice huh? Too bad, I could have asked her to accompany me to school. Sigh.

The day went on normally yet there was a certain vibe or aura that the two girls radiate. They were smiling all throughout the day. The feelings that oozed inside them were a landslide of happiness, they just couldn’t contain it and it almost drove them nuts just thinking about it.

I have feelings for you and it is more than friendship. Joohyun swore she felt like an idiot as she was smiling all by herself during class. Seulgi on the other hand, can't seem to stop herself from dancing, she got the choreography faster than both her and the choreographer expected. Seulgi was applauded of her efforts today. She smiled and thanked them. I am so happy.  

8pm

All day, Seulgi was dying to call Joohyun or even text her just like the usual. Her mind was full of questions to ask Joohyun but she just couldn’t bring herself to press send. She’s probably thinking about it now, I shouldn’t bother her or maybe she’s tired with school, or maybe she’s making her homework. She became so frustrated with herself that she decided not to go home early. She decided to buy something for Joohyun, so that she'll have a reason to be finally near her, after being so detached all day.

Should I buy some tteokbokki? Or maybe ice cream? She loves the vanilla one. Seulgi thoroughly contemplated while walking. The weather is chilly; people are busy eating inside restaurants or even outside the eateries.

Everything felt so light for Seulgi.

Her heart felt lighter after finally admitting her feelings to the girl she loves. Saying those words made everything better. For the first time in months, she did not feel anything other than excitement, happiness, and contentment. But, even with everything all said and done, Seulgi acknowledged that there's still something that is truly bothering her.

Before, approaching Joohyun was the easiest thing in the world. She could wrap her arms around her waist to hug her from the back, she could hold her hand like it was nothing, Seulgi could be near Joohyun telling her everything she can think of, even Joohyun could do those things with her. There's a little bit inside her that hopes that she could still do those things, but she would be lying if she actually believed her thoughts.

"Everything will be different from now on, I guess?" She sighed. Upon saying this, her phone vibrated inside her worn out duffle bag. Her eyes went wide and her heart started beating abnormally again. Joohyun...

She accepted the call, with a nervous smile in her face. Her hands felt weak, everything felt colder than usual even though she was wearing sweats from head to toe. "Yoboseyo?"

"Seulgi, why aren't you home?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter