three - the answer

homebird [seulrene]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun is brightly hung in the sky, smiling at everyone and Seulgi ignored it. Her mind is in the middle of processing the thought that she's heading to her car, to go to SM Entertainment headquarters.

Why am I doing this? She thought to herself.

To Seulgi's own dismay, she didn't have the answer either. When she hops inside her car, she remained still and tried to think about the decision that she's about to make.

I'm already inside my car, ready to go.

But why?

A large portion of her felt pissed towards her own desperation and dumbness. I was crying over her last night, so what brings me here? Pathetically, Seulgi shuts her eyes and starts to find the answer. Focus, Seulgi.

After approximately fifteen minutes of “concentration”, Seulgi finally opened her eyes.

There was still no answer.

Irritated by herself, Seulgi started her car and drove off. Ah, how can I refuse a perfect this opportunity? She lied to herself and she knew.

The road was spacious than usual, maybe it’s because people are working inside their offices, sorting things, producing things, computing things. Rush hours are over , everyone’s working that’s why.

Or maybe the divinity is being kind to me?

She almost believed it.

The girl that I love is engaged. The divinity, if there's one, is nothing but cruel. Seulgi reminded herself.

-

SM Entertainment towered over Seulgi's small frame. Her black coat made her look smaller than normal. She looks up and smirked as she looks back to her trainee days.

This building was supposed to be my home. The artists of this agency would have been my family. My dreams were supposed to be crafted here, her thoughts were thrown at the bulding's grey structure and Seulgi could feel the slush of regret stirring hotly inside her stomach.

But I deserved that was three years ago, before everything turned into because of me. That is why I don't deserve to be near here. Not anymore.

For a while, she stayed silent. She's finding the courage to enter the building. It's been three years and I still feel like this. Seulgi cursed at herself for being too wimpy about the whole matter.

Just enter the damn building. It's not like they're gonna scold you for leaving three years ago.

Seulgi heads inside finding busy workers doing what they're supposed to do, the agency's receiver stood up, smiling at her and asked for her name and the purpose of her visit.

"Name?" She asked.

"Seulgi. Kang Seulgi." She answered.

My hand feels colder than usual.

Why am I so nervous?

"Oh! Of course. Sorry for not noticing," The panic of the woman in-front of her was too obvious. Seulgi assured her that it's okay.

"There's no need to apologize really. I look unpresentable today anyways." Seulgi tries to calm the woman with a reassuring smile. "I am here to have a talk with Red Velvet's manager?"

"Ah yes. I'll call the team's secretary first." The poor woman avoided Seulgi's gaze, she was too embarrassed to look at her.

"Okay. No problem."

As the receptionist calls the secretary of the team, Seulgi looked around her. Not much has changed, however, it does looks normal to me now. Before, I thought this place was full of grandeur.

"The secretary just told me that their manager is waiting for you in room 305, next to the room of the statistics team."

"Okay. Thank you." Seulgi bowed and left.

Room 305. Ah, yes. I still remember it.

Room 305

"Good noon, Ms. Kang." A man near his mid-thirties greeted Seulgi, ushering the girl to come inside. "Please take a seat. I was worried you won't show up, but I'm glad that you’re here."

"My name is Yoo Sung-hyo. You can call me Mr. Yoo." That was Seulgi's first meeting with Red Velvet's manager and upon seeing this man, she felt a bit disappointed since she hoped to see their old manager when they were still preparing for their debut.

"I'm glad to be here as well. I couldn't bring myself to refuse this opportunity." There it was again, that lie.

She took her seat, her hands shivered inside her coat's pocket.

For a moment, Seulgi sensed that the man sitting across her looked concerned and jumpy. She decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter