four - gentle

homebird [seulrene]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Hi everyone *cricket sounds* my name is cyra and i just want to thank everyone who took their time to read this story. I apologize for the grammatical errors and typos :( This is my first fic, please do understand huhu. Anyways, I just want to ask you guys about your thoughts about my story... I personally think that it's a bit dramatic and boring... but I'm gonna fix it soon if that's what guys think as well! please leave comments, you can point my mistakes or anything at all. Constructive Criticism is well accepted! I would really appreciate them :((( thank you!!! RV fighting~~~

--------- 

After lodging inside her apartment for three days, trying to figure out what she'll perform at the engagement party, thinking about what Joohyun would want to dance, she came up with absolutely nothing.

The following morning after Joohyun called her, she rose earlier than usual, anticipating for another call. She waited, but nothing came. What probably saved her from her state was when her phone finally rang on the third day.

Seulgi rushed and grabbed her phone, almost slipping her way to the sofa. She didn't even bother to look at the screen. "Hello?" She was panting when she answered. "Yah! Kang Seulgi where are you?" Seungwan.

Seulgi looked down at the floor and cursed, "I thought you were someone else." Wendy laughed on the other line, "I'm at home."

"Okay, Joy and I are coming over. We're hungry." Seulgi didn't argue. She misses her friends.

"Fine. What do you want to eat? I'll order out."

-

Fifteen minutes later, Joy and Wendy knocked on Seulgi's apartment door with a smile on their faces.

"You guys look excited." Seulgi greeted her friends with a grin on her face.

"You look horrible." Joy entered the apartment teasing her unnie. "Where's the food?"

"In the bathroom." Joy gave her a look, Seulgi laughed. "Where do you think we serve food, ?"

"Yah! You're the one to talk." This was the kind of relationship she had with Joy. Even though she was younger than her, the younger one treated her equally. Formalities are only necessary in front of the camera. We’ve been friends for years. Let us look at each other equally. They once said to each other before.

Wendy jokingly shoved Seulgi out the way, "We bought some wine and chocolate."

"Perfect," Seulgi smiled at her friend snatching the brown paper bag out of her friend's grip. Seulgi peeked inside the brown bag, and was contented with what she saw. "Wow, you got all my favorite treats. What's gotten into you?" 

Wendy rolled her eyes, "Nothing's gotten into me. You seriously need a shower," Wendy looked around Seulgi's apartment. Look at her, judging my place. "You need to clean-"

Seulgi playfully poked Wendy's head, "Such a clean freak. It's not even dirty." Wendy felt herself smile, she was trying to hold her lips and face still. She shook her head, then playfully kicked Seulgi’s calf. "What was that for?!" The taller girl exclaimed rather dramatically.

"That kick wasn't even that hard! You're overreacting." Wendy left the room, carrying a bottle of wine she heads towards the kitchen. Seulgi for the first time in days found herself smiling.

-

When Joy saw Seulgi standing outside the door, drying herself up after taking a shower, she laughed as if Seulgi did something funny. Seulgi remained still, ignoring Joy’s suspicious laughter’s. At first she thought she could ignore it, but when she heads to the dining room, where Wendy’s waiting for them, Joy’s laughter followed her.

Giving up, Seulgi turns around and sighs, “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing.” Clearly seeing that she succeeded in annoying Seulgi, Joy took a seat and gave Wendy a high-five.

“Seriously, what is it?” Seulgi raised an eyebrow. Her eyebrows were much lighter yet still there.

Wendy and Joy snorted, obviously enjoying teasing Seulgi.

No response, just giggles. 

Fine then. Let’s play this game.

Both of the girls thought Seulgi gave up as she heads back to the bathroom and hanged the towel that she’s using. Seulgi returned to the dining room and unexpectedly drove her fist onto the table, scaring the crap out of Wendy and Joy. Their glassess full of wine and the plates shuddered due to the impact, no one spoke for a while, Wendy and Joy sat there eyes almost buldging out of it's sockets, they were so shocked at what Seulgi did. Ouch, Seulgi thought to herself as she was holding her face to remain still even though she’s hurting. She dramatically looks at her two friends and smirked, “Was that hot enough?” Then she gave them a forced smirk, trying to look maybe a bit seductive. 

 “Yaaaaaah!” Her two friends replied in unison. The two girls gave Seulgi a proper beating,

“What was that for you fool?! You gave us a heart attack!” There was a great roar inside Seulgi’s apartment as the girls decided to pay Seulgi back with their own beating.

When everyone settled down, Seulgi’s hands were not the only one that is hurting. Even her back was hurting, and her arms as well. She sat down looking at her friends in disbelief, “Did you guys came here just to laugh at me and then beat me when you guys are the ones who’s not telling me something?! Unbelievable.”

Chewing three tteokbokki rice cakes, Joy pointed her chopsticks at Seulgi, “You're the one who's not telling us something and you obviously overreacted!”

“Well, you kept laughing at me! You overreacted!”

There’s their famous childish repartee. Wendy chuckled looking at Joy and Seulgi.

“I was just laughing at you because Wendy unnie told me you got drunk days ago.” Joy stated. “And the reason is because Irene unnie personally requested you to perform at her upcoming engagement party.”

Seulgi choked herself with jajangmyeon due to Joy’s bluntness. “W-what?!” God, did the room temperature rose up? Seulgi’s face is now burning with embarrassment.

Joy smiled clearly enjoying her older friend’s discomfort, yet she somehow managed to stay still and look serious. “Yep. You’re always cool when we talk about Irene unnie when we meet up with her over the past years. You didn't even talked to her nor looked at her. There was no sign of any emotions at all, no reaction even,” It didn’t take Joy to slap her with those words. 

I was just great at hiding them. Seulgi thought, her heart was stung by the realness of her friend's words. 

Wendy remained silent, looking at Seulgi with a sad concerned smile plastered on her face.

“so why were you crying over her all of the sudden?” Joy asked.

Sigh. “I did not cry because of her,” Seulgi wanted to escape, to avoid the confrontation but she knew that’ll never happen, especially her two friends being here. “I just couldn’t sleep that’s why, and besides, the night was pretty.”

Wendy and Joy glanced at each other, clearly sensing that their friend is lying. What a marvelous act Seulgi is producing, but both of the girls knew Seulgi too well. There was only silence in the room, and Seulgi couldn’t bring herself to look at her friends, because if she did, she’s going to spill the truth. And she didn't deserve to feel the truth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter