one - the announcement

homebird [seulrene]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night felt cold and lonely especially to the woman whose hands are firmly gripped on the edge of the table. Kang Seulgi, a well-known all around artist in the entertainment industry stood in front of a large window, lost in her own thoughts. Her heart was hurting.

"Ms. Kang, the rumors were indeed true. Irene, the former leader of Red Velvet is dating the actor, Park Bogum." Please tell me you're lying, her heart begged. However, she remained silent. "Also, I think they just got engaged."

Engaged. My Joohyun..

"Though, the official date of their wedding is not yet settled. I'll directly report if anything comes up."

The words rang inside Seulgi's mind, her heart felt weak, she just couldn't believe it. The tension inside the room is terribly visible, anyone can almost get a hold of it. Just standing there made two hours felt like it’s just a couple of minutes.

"Are you certain about this?" Her tone was cold, but in her heart and mind was hoping, almost begging to hear her secretary, Ms. Lee to say, Oh, sorry Ms. Kang I must have misread the names.

But, she didn't. "A hundred percent Ms. Kang." Seulgi closes her eyes, letting it all sink in, her grip might as well break the edge of the table.

"Ms. Kang, are you alright?" Ms. Lee asked, sincerely concerned about the woman in front of her. She may only see her back, but she knows.

Seulgi is hurting herself again.

"Yes, of course I am." A lie. "Please leave what you gathered on my desk. I am dismissing you early-"

"It’s oka-"

"Tell the chauffeur to ready my car."

"But Ms. Kang-"

"Ms. Lee Yeonsoo. I did not hire you to in with my requests."

Flustered and shocked by the usage of her real name, which happens rarely, Ms. Lee immediately obliged Seulgi's pleases. The door was shut, Seulgi found herself all alone, breathing, almost in the dreadful silence of the room. Her heart felt everything, all at once; regret, despair, sadness, and maybe a bit of relief...

My heart still beats for you, Joohyun-ah... My heart sadly still belongs to you...

-

"Ms. Kang, your manager told me that I should drive you home. It's a bit late and the road is a bit wet because of the rain-"

Seulgi couldn't hear the chauffeur, she has her keys on her hands, and all she could think of is the fact that Joohyun, her Joohyun is getting engaged and soon to be married. She’s engaged with a man she didn't even love years back. If there’s a divinity, then he or she is punishing.

"Ms. Kang-" Too late, Seulgi got into her car and drove off.

Through her drive, her phone rang like crazy but she couldn't hear it. She just wants to get away, even just for a little bit.

That room was suffocating me.

At exactly 11 pm in the evening, Seulgi parked her car in-front of her dance studio located in Gangnam. The Seul Studio is a three story modern building that is known for its prestige when it comes to training aspiring idols or even regular teenagers in learning the different genres of dances.

Most of the classes ends at exactly 9pm. It only means that Seulgi will have all the room for herself.

As expe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter