Chapter 8 - Simple Moments

With a Smile

Day 4

7 AM

Tzuyu woke up in a chilly weather. She wanted to sleep more actually but she remembered that she has a guest to attend to. So she got up and took a quick hot shower. She put on her favorite sweatshirt, the one with a big logo of her university, and went downstairs. Tzuyu went to the kitchen and found Heechul munching a bread with tons of Nutella spread. He’s really different, Tzuyu thought while giving Heechul – the look.

“Good morning Ms. Park!” The woman immediately turned her back upon hearing the tall girl’s voice.

“Good morning. You slept well? It seems that you are in a good mood.” The older asked while signaling the younger to get some bread.

“I talked to Sana last night and I think it went well.” Tzuyu answered while spreading cream cheese to her toasted bread. Ms. Park just smiled at her. The tall girl stood up and left once she finished her bread.

“I’ll wake her up.”

Tzuyu is now in front of Sana’s room. She’s been knocking for a few minutes, but no response was heard from the squirrel. She tried to turn the knob and luckily it was not locked. However, she thought that she might be invading the girl’s privacy, so she stopped midway. This isn’t righ---ugh! Tzuyu stumbled on the ground. She immediately checked if the sound woke up the squirrel. At the sight of the peaceful squirrel, she quickly turned and looked for the person who pushed her. “Yah! Why did you push me!” Tzuyu said angrily but still maintaining a low voice. “It’s because you’re frustrating to watch! Just do it. Go.” Heechul said while slamming the door. Yah! What if she wakes up! That stupid guy! And now she’s scared that amidst all the chaos, Sana is still sleeping peacefully. She approached the girl as quietly as possible. Tzuyu puts her index finger near the squirrel’s nose to check if the girl is breathing – luckily, she is. The tall girl can’t help but smile on how the squirrel looks like now. Although she’s almost covered entirely by the think blanket, it’s still obvious how she’s been hugging the big pillow like someone would steal it from her.

*INSTRUMENTAL

What the--- Tzuyu is now panicking.

JYP

Should I hide?? Where?

TWICE

Like a bulldozer

Like a tank

Like a soldier

(Let’s Go! Let’s Go)*

I’m doomed.

Sana turned off her alarm. “Waaaaahhh…” The squirrel yawned while stretching her whole body. “Hmmmm. I slept well. But I think I should sleep mo- Oh Tzuyu??” Sana was surprised to see the girl standing there stiffly and giving her a small hand wave. “Uhm. G-good morning? I- uh- hmm” Tzuyu is now scratching her nape as she stumbles on her words.

“You’re planning to wake me up?” Sana said as she positions herself – her back on the headboard. “Hmm. Yes. I knocked but you’re not responding so…” Tzuyu said while looking everywhere but Sana. “Okay! Come here Tzuyu-ah~” Sana spreads her arms wide. Tzuyu’s just looking at her weirdly. “Why?” Tzuyu asked while approaching the squirrel.

“Cuddles!!!!” Sana shouted excitedly, spreading her arms wider while making a grabbing hand movement.

“What? No! That’s child abuse!” Tzuyu said teasingly while walking away from the bed.

“PPPPPWEAAAASSSEEE”

And the world stopped. That’s it. Everyone, that’s the end of Chou Tzuyu. Our main character would like to thank everyone for reading this story. Oh wait – I think she’s still alive. Phew~

“W-why would I?” Tzuyu said while trying to compose herself from that aegyo attack.

“Come on! I’m going home later.” By this time, Sana already grabbed Tzuyu and made her sit on the bed beside her.

“Already?” Tzuyu may or may not be sad about the information that she trudges towards the bed.

“Yeap. Ms. Lim texted me last night. She said she’s coming back today. So, let’s not waste our time. Come here and cuddle with me.” Tzuyu came closer. Sana hugged her but she’s still resisting for a bit. Yes, the squirrel is going home later, but she doesn’t understand why exactly she needs to cuddle with Sana.

“Hey, don’t be like that. Tch. I just don’t want you to regret this. I’m sure you’ll miss me." Sana teased the giant.

“Wow. The nerve.” Tzuyu replied why rolling her eyes.

“Just… Let’s just stay like this for a while.” Sana said in a more serious tone, which made Tzuyu accept the hug.

“Tss. I bet you’re the one who’ll miss me.” Sana blushed on this statement. On her dismay, Tzuyu saw this.

“Ooh~ Someone’s blushing! And oh- wait. I can hear something. Can you hear that Sana?” Tzuyu asked while knitting her brows.

“W-what?”

“Dug dug. Dug dug. Ohw! That’s your heartbeat!” Sana didn’t think twice to throw the big pillow to Tzuyu while the latter was laughing her off.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you! Are you bipolar or something?!” Sana said while continuously hitting the other girl with pillow.

“Ouch. Okay. No hugs anymore.” Tzuyu was about to get up but the squirrel stopped her.

“Aaaahhh~” Sana whined. Okay. I think our main character is on a critical condition again. Tzuyu you need to snap back to reality!

“Five minutes”

“Fifteen minutes!”

“Ten minutes”

“Twe-“

“No. Ms. Park is waiting.”

“Okay! 10 minutes! Now hug me back!” Aigoo… this kid is really stingy with affection huh.

“PSH. Demanding.” Tzuyu hugged back the squirrel. When I say hugged back, it means putting her one arm on top of Sana’s arm while tapping it. Of course, the squirrel won’t let it slide, so she instructed Tzuyu to lie down completely on the bed. Sana then held Tzuyu’s arms and completely draped it around her while she snuggled closely to the tall girl.

Now that’s a cuddle. Sana sighed contentedly.


*Snap* *Snap*

Heechul and Ms. Park are busy getting pictures of the two kids sleeping. Tzuyu is already lying straight on her back, hands over her stomach, while Sana is at her side facing Tzuyu with one arm draped on the taller.

“Heol. Even while sleeping this giant is stiff.” Heechul snarled before waking the kids. “Hey lovebirds wake up. It’s already lunch time. Sana you must eat. You already skipped breakfast. In this household, while Ms. Park is here, no one’s allowed to skip two meals. Now up up up!” Heechul then approached the giant.

“Thank me later, giant.” Heechul dashed to the door while Tzuyu gives him a pillow attack.

Sana on the other hand, already got up and started tidying up the room. She checked the closet and picked up a comfortable set of clothes. Tzuyu then came back after chasing away Heechul.

“Any plans for today?” Tzuyu asked the squirrel.

“Hmm. I think I’ll drop by the mall later to buy gifts for everyone as a token of my appreciation.” Sana said before heading to the bathroom to freshen up.

“Okay. We can just chill in the other house after. I’ll wait for you downstairs.” Tzuyu then headed out of the room.


Sana and Tzuyu are now at the mall, as planned. Of course, Tzuyu is still on a high alert on her surroundings. Although Sana still thinks that this cap and mask get up of Tzuyu attracts more people since it looks good on her too much. The tall girl usually buys her stuff online, so she’s not used on shopping like this. She’s fit but this thing right now is exhausting her quickly than the usual. Add to the fact that Sana really checks every brand or variation of a certain item she’s eyeing. She already prepared a shopping list. She plans to buy an apron for Ms. Park; hand lotion for Heechul; sunglasses for Mr. Lee; and workout clothes for the other guys.

“Sana, we already spent an hour looking for the “right” apron. And that’s just the first item on your list.” Tzuyu whined to Sana. The tall girl is now holding the squirrel’s elbow, trying to get her attention. The squirrel is secretly enjoying how the yoda whines.

“Hmm.. okay okay. There’s a bench there. You can sit and wait for me, if you’re that tired.” Sana instructed to the younger. She was able to finally choose an apron for Ms. Park.

“No. It’s okay it seems that you’ve already picked one.” Tzuyu sighed in relief.

“Ah yes. But I would still ask them to customize this apron. So, I think it would be better for you to sit now.” Tzuyu didn’t protest anymore. She quietly sat on the bench and started to massage her legs.

“It must be hard right?” Tzuyu just wanted to have a quick rest, and now someone’s talking to her. She’s now wondering why strangers like to talk to her that much. She’s quite sure that she emits that resting face, but still they won’t stop bothering her.

“Well I’m a girl too. But I really can’t stand walking around like that. I don’t know where they get the energy and patience to check every item. For me, it’s just the same, yknow.” Tzuyu just let the girl beside her to speak. She doesn’t want to waste any more energy for this pep talk.

“You’re not much of a talker, I see. Don’t worry I’ll do the talking. You see, that frog-looking girl opposite your girl? That’s my girlfriend. We went out to celebrate her birthday, but suddenly she saw this shop and decided to get one as a gift to her mom. What a lovely girl. I know… I know I’m really lucky to have that girl.” “I’m not even saying anything.” Tzuyu thought. “I might that she looks like a frog but of course I won’t let anyone like that! As you can see, she’s really pretty. Now that I see them side to side, they actually look a like huh. I mean your girl and mine.” Tzuyu looked at the two girls who are now talking with each other, probably talking about the aprons. “Oh wow. And now looking at you closely, you resemble her also! Wow. You can pass as her parents! If the two of you looked older and if I haven’t met her parents yet, I might think the two of you are her parents! Daebak Saggun!” Tzuyu just let the girl beside her to continue to be amazed over her own statement. She now wants to get out of this shop, but seeing Sana talking to the kid’s girlfriend, she guessed that it won’t happen anytime soon. All she can do now is sigh.

“But wait. My girl?”

“She’s not though.” Tzuyu muttered.

“What?”

“She’s not my girl.” Tzuyu replied.

“Oh who cares. If you’re single and she’s single? I bet it will happen soon. I’m rooting for my girl’s pseudo-parents.” The girl then raised her hand in the air. Tzuyu being a slow poke in socializing, just stared at her. “Come on! High five!” The girl actually did it all by herself. “Let’s get it! I’m An Yujin by the way. I know you’ll never ask. I’m 15 years old. She’s 18 now (her girlfriend).” Tzuyu was quite shocked to learn that this blabbering kid was only 15 years old. But who is she to speak, when they share the same built. “I guess our girls, I mean my girl and your girl-friend are also having a good time. We might get stuck here longer. HELP US LORD.” Yujin said while clasping her hand above her head, eyes closed.

“…And that beagle on the bench is my girlfriend. We just got together recently. She’s the complete opposite of me though. She’s outgoing, I’m not. She’s athletic, I’m not. If there’s something we have in common, it’s that we both express ourselves well. If I’m upset, I usually cry, if I did something wrong to her or she’s jealous, she acts like a sulky baby. When we’re happy, or just thankful, we say it. So even though, we’re complete opposites, our relationship works because we’re able to communicate well. We can fully read each other.” Sana’s In complete awe upon hearing the younger girl. She sounds mature for her age. She hopes that she’ll have a beautiful relationship like them.

“Minjoo-ssi. You mentioned that today is your birthday. Will it be okay if I ask you and your girlfriend to eat somewhere around here? My treat.” Sana said hoping that the younger will accept her offer.

“Oh eonni. Just call me Minjoo. Well, I’m too shy to accept but I will also feel bad if I’m going to reject it. And that kid loves free stuff. So I guess it’s fine for me, but how about your companion, eonni?” Oh right. Tzuyu. She already waited for her so long and now this. Sana feels like Tzuyu will not like the idea. “Let’s just go to them first.” The two got their purchased aprons and started walking towards the two girls sitting at the corner.

“You’re finally done???? Hallelujah! Oh- hi beautiful lady!” Yujin switched her attention to Sana. She lifted her hand to ask for a hand shake, not forgetting to give a greasy smile. Her girlfriend, Minjoo just shook her head out of embarrassment. Minjoo also greeted Tzuyu. “Hi. My name is Minjoo. Nice to meet you.”

“Uhm…Tzuyu.. I was thinking if we could have a meal together l-like the f-four of us?” Sana asked Tzuyu hesitantly. The yoda already gave her a dumbfounded reaction. “What were you thinking Sana?!” Tzuyu’s talking to her using eye contact. The two kids on the other hand, felt awkward watching the two.

“Of course! Tzuyu? Tzuyu eonni would LOVE it. We’re practically best friends now!” Yujin quickly went beside the older girl, putting her arms around the yoda. “Just let it be. We don’t want your girl to be disappointed, right?” Yujin whispered to Tzuyu. The younger gave her a teasing smile before turning her back again to Minjoo and Sana, once again emitting a goofy smile. “Let’s kaja (go)!”

They started to move out of the store and Sana decided to walk with Tzuyu. “I’m sorry.” Sana looked at the taller apologetically. “It’s fine. I heard it’s her birthday. Just promise me that you’ll buy the rest of the gifts in an hour.” Tzuyu said emphasizing the latter part. “Thanks Tzu~!” Sana replied happily, not noticing that she’s actually hugging the younger’s arm.

“Oh smooth~” Yujin said while eyeing the older girls in front of them.

“What?” Minjoo asked her girlfriend. Yujin just pointed at the two using her lips. But her girlfriend doesn’t seem to get it.

“Ey~ Never mind. Only dogs can relate!” Yujin said, then sprinting away from her girlfriend.

“Yah An Yujin!” Minjoo shouted while chasing her girlfriend.

“Hi Shiba Inu eonni~ See you at the café~” Minjoo bowed quickly to Sana and Tzuyu to apologize for the scene before chasing her girlfriend again.


Crumbs

At the Café

Yujin is happily eating, which also means mess. Minjoo is not actually sure if she’s dating a fifteen or a five-year-old girl.

“Yah. An Yujin, can you eat properly for once? We’re eating with somebody else for Christ’s sake.” Minjoo angrily dab the tissue on Yujin’s mouth. The younger just goofily smiled at her, not forgetting to mouth “Thank you”.

“Stop taking care of me. I can manage. You should eat now.” Yujin then started to cut the meat into bite-size for Minjoo.

“Aww that’s sweet.” Sana said. The couple gave her a warm smile.

“Ack- That hurts.” Tzuyu just got kicked by Yujin under the table. The beagle is eyeing her, lips pointing at her plate then Sana. Not getting the desired action, Yujin kicked her again.

“Aww!” Tzuyu slightly shouted.

“What’s wrong?” Sana asked worriedly. At that moment, Tzuyu saw Yujin mouthing something.

“HELP HER WITH THE FOOD”

“I-It’s nothing. I’m okay. My knee just hit the table.” Tzuyu lied. The yoda can’t help but to feel being watched by a certain beagle. So, she decided to shut her up.

“H-here. Eat this instead.” Tzuyu switched her plate with Sana, not forgetting to kick Yujin back.

“Ack!!

I’m okay I’m okay! My knee also hit the table. It’s a tall kids thing. Hehe.” Yujin didn’t forget to give Tzuyu a glare and a thumbs up.


I'm back :)