Chapter 11 - Bliss

With a Smile

11


Sana looked at Dahyun who had been dangling the tteokbboki takeout in front of her. The older haven’t heard from her friend for a long time and now she’s suddenly visiting her without prior notice. She took the food and motioned Dahyun to wait in the living room while she gets some drinks for her.

Sana tried to remember if they were supposed to meet today. She thought of checking her phone, maybe, Dahyun did message her beforehand. The girl then realized that her phone was not with her. Consequently, it reminded her that she has another visitor in her house.

The squirrel fastened her steps and gave Dahyun her drinks and quickly excused herself. “Dahyun-ah, I’ll just get my phone.” The younger nodded and Sana scurried to her room.

She found Tzuyu still sleeping peacefully on her bed. Sana carefully approached Tzuyu and sat beside her. She gave soft nudges to the girl to slowly wake her up and inform her with the situation.

“Tzuyu-ah…..Tzu….” The girl slowly opened her eyes. Sana found it cute how Tzuyu rubbed her eyes through small circles and with a small pout. The girl doing small movements with that built is just too soft for her.

“Sana? What time is it?” Tzuyu finally had adjusted to the room’s natural lighting.

“Around 8? You can still sleep. I just want to inform you that a friend came over. So, you won’t accidentally reveal yourself to the world. Don’t worry we’ll be finished soon.  Just don’t go out of this room until then.” Sana looked apologetic.

“It’s okay, Sana. No worries.” Tzuyu assured the squirrel. She then signaled the girl to go back to her friend. Sana stood up and grabbed her phone. She went back to Tzuyu’s bedside and fixed the blanket over her.

“Sleep more.” Sana held Tzuyu’s right cheek and brushed it swiftly before heading out. Unknown to the squirrel, it made the other girl successfully sleep again with a sweet smile.


Dahyun waited patiently for the other girl who is taking a while in getting her phone. Her eyes silently roam around the unit. “Hmm.. Nothing much changed.” The girl observed. Dahyun is one of the frequent visitors of Sana’s place. She would always hangout here every time she’s feeling down. This place is a witness of her numerous heartaches.

She got up and went to the kitchen to prepare the food she bought for them to share. On her way, she noticed the coat hanging on the coat rack.  Dahyun then went closer to the door step and found a pair of shoes she failed to notice when she came in. “That’s too big for Sana. Did I come in a wrong timing?”

Just then, Sana emerged from her room. “What are you doing there?” Sana asked Dahyun.

“Oh? Nothing. I was about to go to the kitchen to get more drinks, I got distracted.” Dahyun reasoned out.

Sana then moved to the kitchen with Dahyun trailing behind. Dahyun received her refill and Sana waited for her to finish it.

“Dahyun-ah, Is there something wrong? What’s up with the sudden visit?” Sana initiated the conversation.

“Oh?” Dahyun got flustered with the sudden question. “Ah yeah. Eunwoo and I had a fight again.” Sana silently nodded as she confirmed her prediction on the reason of the visit.

“Was the fight serious?” Sana asked while she led them back to the couch.

“Pretty much.” Dahyun answered not giving any more details. Sana took it as a cue that the girl doesn’t want to talk about it yet. She reached for Dahyun’s hand and gave her soft pats to comfort her.

“Dahyun-ah, actually I have another guest staying here. How about we meet again later in the afternoon? Let’s go to your favorite restaurant. What do you think?” Sana flashed an encouraging smile. Dahyun agreed and apologized for coming without prior notice. She even suggested to just meet the next day as Sana might have want to spend more time with her guest. Sana reassured her that it’s fine to just meet this afternoon so Dahyun agreed. The latter bid her farewell and apologized again for barging unexpectedly.


Sana went back to her room and was welcomed with a curled Tzuyu. “Aigoo. This big baby.” Sana smiled fondly at the sleeping figure and closed the door. She decided to fix some brunch for them.

The squirrel spent almost half an hour in choosing a menu. She knew how much of a disaster she is in the kitchen and she almost decided to just have their food delivered but she came across a simple toast recipe that she thought she’ll be able to handle.

Sana diligently prepared the ingredients. She successfully toasted the bread. She put a generous amount of cheese and avocado on the bread and put it back on the pan. While the squirrel waits for the cheese to melt, she felt arms being wrapped around her waist. Sana jerked a bit especially when she felt a breath on her neck.

“You can cook decent food?” Tzuyu mumbled still trying to fight off her sleepiness.

“Getting comfortable, aren’t we Tzuyu-ssi?” Sana slightly turned her head to match Tzuyu’s eye level. The latter almost immediately opened her eyes widely once she realized that she’s comfortably lying on Sana’s shoulder and on top of that back hugging the girl. Tzuyu retracted herself from Sana and just stood there without moving.

“Earth to Yoda?” Sana snapped her fingers in front of the tall girl. This brought back Tzuyu’s senses and the girl immediately apologized for her actions.

“I don’t mind Tzuyu. I was just surprised. You may continue doing it. My back and my shoulder are all ready~” Sana winked and Tzuyu wanted to hide herself more than ever.

“I- I’ll just wash up.” Tzuyu then escaped from Sana’s radar.


When Tzuyu came back, Sana was already setting the food for them. The girl told her to sit comfortably and so she did. When Sana finally settled, the squirrel urged her to taste the food first. Tzuyu gave the other girl a suspicious stare which Sana just laughed off. She reassured that it doesn’t taste bad.

True to her words, it doesn’t taste bad. If Tzuyu will be completely honest, it totally exceeded her expectation. “Wow. This taste good, Sana. I think you’ll have to prepare more.” Tzuyu munched her toast heartily which made Sana happy. The latter then accepted the challenge to prepare more for Tzuyu.

“Should I make something also?” Tzuyu suggested. The both of them agreed for the tall girl to cook pancakes.

Tzuyu finished her toast in no time so the tall girl immediately went ahead to prepare the pancake. Sana joined soon after. The tall girl started mixing the ingredients while Sana toasted the bread again. Sana turned to her cooking partner and observed her absent-mindedly. Tzuyu was too serious mixing. Sana thought that the tall girl was overexerting effort and might ruin the consistency of the mixture.

Tzuyu on the other hand was getting annoyed with her hair blocking her view. She tried to blow them away but it just kept swinging back and forth. Sana then approached her to tie her hair. She mouthed her thanks to the girl but then Sana did not stop there.

“Raise your arms Tzuyu.” The tall girl looked clueless with Sana’s instruction. But the squirrel just motioned her to comply. So the tall girl raised her arms with doubts.

Sana then wrapped her arms around Tzuyu’s just like what the taller did a while ago. “S-Sana?” The tall girl looked down and finally figured out that Sana was just putting an apron on her. Tzuyu facepalmed herself mentally for having other thoughts.

The squirrel finished her toast quickly. They munched on the sandwich while Tzuyu prepared the pancakes. Sana would feed the tall girl from time to time. Tzuyu would make these little hums every bite which made Sana giddy. She felt proud on her newly discovered skill. Tzuyu also found it adorable how Sana enjoyed her small victories.


Tzuyu was resting on Sana’s couch waiting for her driver to arrive. The latter just finished showering and was busy drying her hair. When Sana came out of her room, Tzuyu was already taking a nap.

“Why is that girl too sleepy today?” Sana thought. She took the blanket in her room to cover up the tall girl. When she’s about to put the blanket on Tzuyu, the tall girl pulled Sana beside her.

“This is warmer.” Tzuyu said as she snuggled closer to the squirrel. Sana was astounded by this action again. Tzuyu was getting too comfortable with her and she’s getting overwhelmed by it. Nonetheless, Sana embraced Tzuyu and gave her the warmth she’s looking for.


Tzuyu woke up from her nap feeling rejuvenated. After the tragic events, she never felt contented with her sleep despite having it for more than 8 hours. The tall girl was also shocked on how peaceful her sleep was last night and that she also felt asleep just now.

Unlike this morning, Tzuyu was aware on what she did to Sana. Although she had no idea on the reason behind her actions. But seeing how Sana slept peacefully in her arms, Tzuyu knew she did the right thing.

“I really want to know more about you, Sana.” Tzuyu thought by herself.

Tzuyu had all the time to look at Sana without getting judged. She paid attention to every detail. How long her eyelashes are; How pointed her nose is; How smooth her cheeks are; and How plump her lips are. Sana then woke up, which allowed Tzuyu to look at her most favorite part: Her eyes. Sana then looked back directly to Tzuyu.

Sana and Tzuyu kept their stares for a while, before Sana beamed a warm smile. Tzuyu was not able to hide her blush, which made Sana shy also. The squirrel then hid on the crook of the tall girl’s neck.

“I feel happy. How about you?” Tzuyu asked Sana while keeping the latter closer to her if that’s even possible.

 

“I feel the same.”