Chapter 3 - Reason

With a Smile

Author’s POV

Tzuyu was flabbergasted. She was all ready to end things at that moment.

“W-what?”

“Sure, we can die together later if you want. But… let’s live for now. Let’s live together.”

Tzuyu is an ace. She’s smart, athletic, and surely god Jihyo blessed her with looks (and height). She can solve hardcore math problems after one look. She even finished her thesis in just two months, with that, there’s no doubt that the tall creature graduated with flying colors. But she can’t comprehend this squishy half-shiba-inu and half-squirrel looking blonde girl in front of her. And the said girl is smiling at her like she’s the most important person in the world.

“Did I just held hands with a weirdo?” Tzuyu thought for a while. However, there’s something she’s sure about the girl. She’s sincere with what she said. But then why? Why would she like to live with someone like her? ”Why does she want to save me?” Tzuyu decided to observe the girl for now. Moreover, it’s not that bad to have some company.

“Aren’t we going too fast?” Tzuyu said with a smug.

“Huh??” Confusion is written all over Sana’s face.

“You said you want to live with me.” Tzuyu told Sana with a teasing tone.

“Yes! I do want to live with… oh? YAH! It’s not like that!” Sana smacked Tzuyu.

Tzuyu then stood up to leave and Sana followed right after her.

“Hey, what’s your name?”

“Tzuyu”

“Chewy”

“No. It’s Tzuyu”

“Yeah right, Tzuyu”

“TZU-yu”

“CHE-wy”

Tzuyu sighed and just let her be. She was about to walk away but Sana grabbed her hand.

“Nice to meet you Tzuyu~ah.” Sana said without forgetting to give her gorgeous smile. And maybe Tzuyu just lost it. “O-Oh. S-Same here. L-let’s go.” Tzuyu managed to go ahead with Sana following behind. Once they reached the main road, Tzuyu saw a restaurant. She was thinking whether to go home straight or eat first. It’s because she’s hungry. Definitely not because she wants to prolong her time with Sana. “Uhm. Sana, should we eat first?” Tzuyu asked. “I thought you’d never ask! Let’s get it!” Sana said while skipping her way to the restaurant. “Dork” Tzuyu just can’t help but smile.

They are currently having their dinner. Sana is in her own world, eating deliciously. “Waaah~ this is so delicious, I need to take a pic of this and send it to Momo! Tzuyu, can you take a picture of me?” Sana hands her phone to Tzuyu. “Done.” Sana sent the picture right away to Momo. Tzuyu wanted to ask the reason of Sana’s actions a while ago but she doesn’t want to disturb the shiba-inu from eating.

They are now waiting for the bus to come. Tzuyu decided to break the awkward silence. “Uhm… S-sana?” Tzuyu called Sana shyly. “Yes Tzuyu?” Sana just looked her. “Why?” Tzuyu said. “What do you mean Why?” Sana asked confusedly. “Why did you say those words? Why do you want to live with me?” Tzuyu finally asked.

“It’s because of your eyes.” Sana replied. “What the-“ “Sssh! Let me finish first.” Sana said while glaring at Tzuyu. The giant then just zipped .

“You asked me those words, but your eyes told me otherwise. You wanted to end everything yet you’re afraid. I know that feeling. I may feel tired of everything but I’m afraid to die Tzuyu. I’m trying my best to live you know. That’s why I said those words to you. We are in a situation where no one can save us but ourselves. But what I want to tell you is that we can help each other. I’m here to help you Tzu.”

“I-Ah-Sana”

“You don’t need to say anything Tzuyu. It’s okay.” Sana said while tapping the giant’s arm. Tzuyu then takes Sana’s hand and pulled her closer.

“Thank you Sana. I appreciate it very much.” Tzuyu said while hugging Sana tightly.

Sana was flustered. She didn’t expect Tzuyu to be like this. It took her a while to recover and reciprocate the hug.

“Sana, I don’t know how. I’m not good with handling people. But I… I promise to help you too.” Sana wanted to cry at that moment. She nuzzled to the tall girl’s shoulder. “Thank you.” Sana mumbled.


Finally, they are now heading home. The two sits together at the back. “So, Sana why did you chose the cliff?” Tzuyu asked. “What do you mean? I did an errand and I saw the cliff, so I’ve decided to come before going home.” Tzuyu is confused.

“Was my hypothesis totally wrong?” She said to herself. “Wait. So you’re not planning to end your life earlier? You looked like you’re going to jump though.” Tzuyu is totally lost. “No, I wasn’t planning to end my life. I just dropped something. Although, I’m feeling totally down earlier.” Sana explained. “I knew that you thought that way. Then I inferred that you must be feeling the same. And as I’ve said earlier, I confirmed it through your eyes.” Sana ended her explanation with a flick on Tzuyu’s forehead. “Paboooo~” Sana teased the giant. Tzuyu was about to retort but then she can’t think of anything, so she just looked at the front while pouting.

“Aww~ don’t pout.” Tzuyu just ignored Sana. “Stop pouting or else I’ll kiss that pout away.” That statement is enough for Tzuyu’s brain to malfunction. She can’t deny that Sana’s gestures are making her feel something. Dogs? Squirrels? Snakes? She doesn’t know what, but she knows it’s not just butterflies that’s conquering her stomach right now. And on top of that, she’s a blushing mess.

What’s gotten into you CHOU TZUYU?? Calm down. Something’s wrong with my Amygdala! Focus Tzu.. Focus!” Tzuyu mentally scolds herself. “S-stop.” Sana is still laughing her off. “Whoa. Where’s the Tzuyu who just hugged me earlier? Huh Huh?” And that was the last straw before Tzuyu hides her face behind her hands.

Sana eventually stopped teasing the giant. The rest of the bus ride was peaceful. “My stop is next.” Sana said. She reached out her hand to Tzuyu. “Hand me your phone. I’ll give you my number. Contact me anytime okay?” Sana called her number so that she’ll also have Tzuyu’s number. “Done! Bye Tzuyu.”

Sana gets off the bus and is now walking towards her apartment. It’s only a short distance, approximately one song from her playlist. She was about to put her earset, when someone stopped her. Sana is ready to scream for her life. “It’s not safe to listen to music at this hour. You should be aware of your surroundings.” Sana decided to turn her head back. “Tzuyu? Yah! You almost gave me a heart attack!” She smacked the giant’s arm. Tzuyu then came closer to Sana and whispered to her ear. “I already gave you one when I hugged you.” Sana’s jaw dropped. Tzuyu just coolly walked away while complimenting herself mentally for that comeback. She stopped, when she saw that the blonde girl is still frozen at her spot. “Hey, come on. I’ll walk you home.” Sana snapped back to reality. “O-oh? Okay I’m coming. Wait.”

“And so we’re here. Thanks for accompanying me Tzu.” Sana is currently preventing herself not to blush. “Oh, no problem. I’ll go once you've entered.” Sana then looked for her house key. “Oh.” Tzuyu is just there waiting for Sana to open her door, but there seems to be a problem. ”Can’t find your key?” Sana grabbed her phone to call someone.

Sana: Hello Ms. Lim, I think I forgot my key inside the house. Can I borrow the spare key for a while?”

Ms. Lim: I’m sorry sweetie. I’ll be out for a week. I’m staying here at my son’s house. I thought I was able to tell you.

Sana: Oh. Yes. Ms. Lim you told me last time. I just forgot about it.

Ms. Lim: I can ask my son to drop by tomorrow to give you the spare key.

Sana: No need Ms. Lim. It’s too far. I’ll just stay maybe at my friend’s place for the meantime.

Ms. Lim: Are you sure, dear? Everyone is probably away since it’s a holiday.

Sana: *ugh. She’s right* Don’t worry Ms. Lim, I’ll be fine.

Ms. Lim: If you say so. Take care Sana.

Sana: Thanks Ms. Lim. Enjoy your vacation.

Sana let out a deep sigh. Her friends probably went back to their families as well. So, her only choice is to check in somewhere. Goodbye money. “It seems that you won’t be able to enter your house?” Tzuyu said, which broke Sana’s thoughts. “Yes. Ms. Lim will be away for the whole week to celebrate the holidays.” Tzuyu can see that the blonde is obviously tired now. Sana is currently on her phone searching for a place to check in. “Let’s go. Just stay at my place for the entire week.” Tzuyu suggested like it’s not a big deal. “You don’t have any plan this holiday?” Sana asked. “None. I’ll probably just stay in the house. It’s not like I can go out anyway.” Tzuyu wants to convince Sana that it’s totally fine with her. “Okay sure!” Sana said enthusiastically.

“Whoa this girl is really something else huh. I didn’t expect her to accept my offer that easily.” Tzuyu mentally told herself. “I don’t want my Tzuyu to be alone, so l will take your offer.” Sana said while wiggling her eyebrows making Tzuyu to internally panic again. I’ll just ask my driver to pick us up. You’re probably tired.” Tzuyu can’t do anything but to just hope that she made the right decision.


Author's Note

Another update since my brain cells are working! Comments, Reviews, and Suggestions are still gladly accepted!


Next Chapter

Ho-ho-holiday! Ho-ho-holidaaaay!