Chapter 4 - Doubt

With a Smile

Day 1

Sana has been staring at the ceiling since she woke up. It was designed with the famous constellations of the night sky. She was actually mesmerized with the interior of the whole room. There’s no doubt that Tzuyu is well-off. That’s right, Tzuyu. She’s here because of that girl – the girl she met less than 24 hours ago.

“Why am I involving myself with her?”

“Oh well, Sana, you’re always like that. Why do you care so much?”

“But..” *Hit you with that ddu-du ddu-du du Ah yeah ah yeah*

Sana turned off her alarm. The squirrel let out a sigh before she left the bed and went to take a shower.


Sana went down and was greeted by the sight of house helpers preparing for breakfast.

“Good morning~” Sana said with her smile that can light up the whole mansion.

“Good morning Ms. Sana. I’m Ms. Park” Ms. Park answered with her motherly smile. “You may look around first while we prepare your breakfast. I didn’t know that you’re an early bird.” Ms. Park then signaled the other house helpers to accompany Sana. “No No No No No. It’s okay Ms. Park, I would love to just stay here and watch you cook!” Sana said with her puppy eyes. “Hahaha. Okay Ms. Sana, no need to do that puppy eyes. Go ahead and make yourself comfortable.”

“Is Tzuyu still sleeping?” Sana asked while suiting herself in a chair near the kitchen island. ”Yes Ms. Sana.” Ms. Park said while taking the ingredients out of the fridge. “Oh Ms. Park, please just call me Sana.” Ms. Park then gave her a nod. Sana is just observing there quietly for around 10 minutes. “How did you two meet?” It was Ms. Park who decided to break the silence. “Hmm. At the cliff. We met at the cliff yesterday.” Sana said hesitantly. “Yesterday, you say.” Ms. Park comments which made Sana a little bit uneasy. “W-why Ms. Park?” Sana asked nervously. “It’s just that Tzuyu doesn’t trust people easily… But” Ms. Park stopped for awhile to plate the dishes. “but?” Sana asked impatiently, worry written all over her face. “But I didn’t mean to say that she trusts you already. She might let you come in her life but that doesn’t necessarily mean that she already trusts you completely.” Sana just nodded. “I know, Ms. Park.” She said while taking the finished dishes to the table to set it up. Honestly, Ms. Park didn’t expect this reaction from Sana. She thought that the girl would be disappointed. “You’re not going to ask, why?” The older said. “It’s something I need to hear from her directly Ms. Park. She’ll tell me when she’s ready. She’ll tell me when I deserved it.” Ms. Park came closer to Sana to pat her head affectionately.

“I like this kid.” The older told herself.

Sana ate her breakfast with Ms. Park, as she demanded for the older to accompany her. They were talking about the dishes that Ms. Park prepared. The squirrel asked the older to teach her some recipes since she’ll be staying there for a while.

*Phone ringing*

“Hello?”

"You need me?” Sana then excused herself to take the call.


Sana came back after a while. “I’m sorry for that Ms. Park. I’ll just finish my breakfast then I’ll go ahead. I need to go somewhere.” The younger said and then proceeds in eating her breakfast. Ms. Park just watched her with awe. She thought that Sana looks like a squirrel while stuffing like that.

“Done! Ms. Park I’ll go ahead! And oh.. C-can I ask for your number? So that I can call you later?” Sana said handing her phone to the older. “There you go. Be safe Sana.” The squirrel then hugged Ms. Park. “I will mom~”


Birds chirping, sun rays seeping through the window, bright sky – the weather is too good for a gloomy person like Tzuyu. A groan can be heard from the giant. Still with her eyes closed, Tzuyu doesn’t move an inch after being mentally awake for 15 minutes. “Ah. The squirrel.” Suddenly, she remembered the events from yesterday.

“We are in a situation where no one can save us but ourselves. But what I want to tell you is that we can help each other. I’m here to help you Tzu.” Tzuyu recalled. ”Psh.. Help? I already heard that many times.” The giant seems unamused with the memory.

“You cannot back out now Tzuyu, you made a promise. You promised to help her.” Her conscience told her. “Why did I even say that?! Ugh!” Tzuyu said while ruffling her own hair.


“Good morning Tzuyu.” Ms. Park greeted her. “Take a seat and have your breakfast.” Tzuyu observed that they are serving for a single person only. “Ms. Park, is she still sleeping?” Tzuyu asked the older woman while eyeing the guest room. “She already had her breakfast, dear. She woke up early.” Ms. Park informed the giant. “Ah okay. Where is she then?” Tzuyu looks around. “She went out after receiving a call. I think someone needs her now.” Ms. Park said before going back to the kitchen. “I see.” Disappointment can’t be hidden in her tone. It didn’t sit well with Tzuyu. She hates it when someone would just leave without proper notice.

Flashback

10 year old Tzuyu. The giant had an important competition that day. It’s a national competition and she ended up as champion. She was so excited to go home and brag it to her parents. When she arrived, she asked Ms. Park to cook something special, since she’ll celebrating her win with her parents. The kid waited for her parents for so long. But ultimately, the two did not go home. Later, Ms. Park called her parents’ secretary to ask for their whereabouts. The secretary then said that the two went out of the country for a scheduled business trip.

End of Flashback

*Phone ringing*

“Oh?

Yes she is.

Okay."

"Tzuyu you have a call.”

Sana called Ms. Park. The squirrel asked if the giant is already up. She asked her to give the phone to Tzuyu.

Tzuyu: Hello?

Sana: Tzuyu~

Tzuyu: Sana?

Sana: Yes. It’s me. I just want to say that I went out. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you. I don’t want to disturb your sleep and I needed to go out as soon as possible.

Tzuyu: Oh…

Sana: I think I’ll be home after lunch. Do you have any plans for today?

Tzuyu: I don’t go out.

Sana: Oh. Hmm… we could just watch a movie there when I get home! Is there something you want to eat? I can buy it on the way home.

Tzuyu: …

Sana: Tzu? Just tell me. Don’t be shy~

Tzuyu: Just…

Sana: What is it?

Tzuyu: J-just come home early.

Tzuyu abruptly ended the call. She cleared and drank plenty of water. Suddenly, she felt hot. The giant then returned the phone to Ms. Park. The older was just all smile with the little interaction of the two.

“I guess she deserves a chance.” Tzuyu thought.


Tzuyu is in her study room, reading a psychology book. She’s too engrossed with it that she didn’t notice the time. Meanwhile, Sana was already back at the house. She went upstairs to find the giant. The squirrel knock knock knocked on the door before entering. She came closer when Tzuyu acknowledged her presence. She was about to hug Tzuyu as a form of greeting but then hesitated. They were having a staring contest for a minute when Sana came back to reality. “I-I’ll just change my clothes then we can watch movies.” Sana said, eyes darting anywhere but Tzuyu’s eyes. “Y-yeah sure. Just go to my room. I’ll prepare the snacks.” The giant then sprints out of the room.

“What the hell was that??” Tzuyu exclaimed. 


Author's Note

Hello there! I really don't know what to say right now, since I am really sleepy. All I can say is that they're now starting they're journey.

Just drop by your comment/ review/ suggestion for the story.


Next Chapter

Movie night + Day 2