Partners

Spy Ride

"You know why I brought you in here, right Jeongyeon?" Jihyo, her boss, looked at her sternly as the young spy sat nervously in front of her. 

"B-because you want to give me a raise?" She gave her a timid laugh but Jihyo didn't return one back. Instead, she folded her hands together and stared back at her with a serious expression on her face.

"Think again."

Jeongyeon sighed and hung her head down low. " I , don't I?"

"Precisely." Jihyo took out a folder and opened it up, taking out a few papers to read." On August 1st, instead of trying to find the robber and putting him into jail, you ended up being friends with him and gave him a coupon to your dad's restaurant."

"What? Just helping out the family's business." She pouted as she shrugged. Jihyo growled as she turned to the next page.

" On November 2nd, a woman hijacked a man's car and instead of finding the car and getting it back, you brought the vehicle to the car wash and then returned it back to the woman."

"Okay the dude who owned that car was my biology teacher from the 10th grade and he was kind of a so I don't think he deserved that car anyway."

"Jeongyeon!" She closed the folder shut." Do you understand what's going on? You haven't done a successful mission in months! What am I supposed to do with you?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure a pay raise would really do me good."

Jihyo instantly glared at her. "Or I can just fire you."

"Okay anything but that!" Jeongyeon pleaded as she sighed. "I don't know, Jihyo. I really love this job. I just don't know what's stopping me from having a backbone.

Jihyo leaned back against her seat and crossed her arms. "Alright, maybe I won't fire you just yet. I'll give you one more chance."

Jeongyeon's smile brightened as she got out of her seat. "Really? Oh gosh! Thanks, chief! You won't be disappointed!"

"Not so fast." She cut her off and pointed back to her seat." Sit." Jeongyeon did what she was told and listened to her carefully. "For you next mission, I've decided to give you a partner."

"A partner? I don't know about that. I'm more of a solo worker."

"Well too bad. This one is going to be hard so you're going to need some help. Plus, maybe it will help you become more concentrated."

Jeongyeon sighed and nodded at her boss. "Alright. I guess I don't have much of a choice."

"No you do not." She picked up her phone and spoke into it. "Bring her in."

The door opened from the side as a young girl came in with her suit on. She was tall, gorgeous and serious. Jeongyeon had to swallow a lump in as she stared at the girl in front of her. 

"Jeongyeon, this is Tzuyu. Tzuyu meet Jeongyeon. Tzuyu is new but she has worked for several other spy facilities and was ranked number one in each one of them." Jihyo said proudly.

Jeongyeon got up from her seat and held out her hand. "Nice to meet you!"

Tzuyu stared at her hand and dismissed it as she turned to look at Jihyo, causing Jeongyeon's expression to worsen. "Anyways, what's the mission, chief?"

Jihyo  her screen that was hung on the wall with her remote as she presented the mission to the pair. " A man named Park Jinyoung claimed that all of his records have been stolen. On top of that, his studio has been ambushed. There were bullets found on the grounds. They were most likely shot through the windows. Luckily, no one was there or harmed but it's clear he's being targeted. I need you two to find this person and bring them to justice. Do I make myself clear?"

The two nodded at her as Jihyo smiled. "Good. Now get the hell out of my office!"

---

Jeongyeon and Tzuyu walked down the hallway after leaving Jihyo's office. Jeongyeon would glance at her partner every now and then but Tzuyu just kept looking straight. The older one really wanted to break the silence as she tried to ask a question. "So, you like spying right?"

Tzuyu stopped walking and glanced back at her, looking completely unimpressed which made Jeongyeon a bit worried. "Let's get something straight here. Jihyo gave us a mission. So no lame questions or stupid puns. I'm here to work, not to be an idiot."

"Alright, sheesh." Jeongyeon was taken aback as she held her hands up and stepped back a bit. "I just thought it would have been nice to get to know each other."

"You don't need to know about me. You just need to work with me."

"And work is what we'll do! I just--"

"No more talking. We got to get going."

"Where are we heading to first?"

"Mr. Park's studio. He's probably still there so we mind as well ask him some questions." She kept walking without looking at Jeongyeon.

"Right. We should probably take the van. It's pretty far from here" She took out her keys from her pocket as Tzuyu snatched them from her. "Hey!"

"I'm driving." She turned to glare at her. "Got it?"

Jeongyeon looked at her as she nodded nervously. "G-got it."

The two walked out of the building together and got into the black van. Jeongyeon sat right next to her and buckled up as Tzuyu started up the engine. Jeongyeon took a good look at her. She was pretty strict but for some reason, she found that to be attractive. She didn't get why she thought like that but she didn't mind it at all.

"Can you put address in the GPS?" Tzuyu asked her as Jeongyeon snapped out of it.

"H-huh?"

Tzuyu was getting frustrated as she demanded the second time. "Put the damn address in the GPS!"

"Y-yes m'am!" Jeongyeon clicked on the screen and typed in the GPS. As soon as she done, Tzuyu drove off. 

The mission had begun. 

___________________________________

Hey guys! It's been a while since I done a chaptered fic and I really wanted to do a spy one so I hope you like it so far!

Please comment and subscribe!

Love you all!! <3333

-JanJan