I am NOT [the one for you] {Prequel}

I am NOT [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU One Shot series]

Hi everyone! I am back with a new one shot for you today! Unfortunately, I couldn't finish the one shot I had originally planned for today on time which is why I present you with a sort of filler. 

THIS ONE SHOT IS ABOUT HYUNJIN'S AND JISUNG'S PAST RELATIONSHIP WHICH WAS MENTIONED IN I AM NOT [CUTE]. IT HAPPENED TWO YEARS BEFORE THE MAIN SERIES. 

I just felt like writing about it because...idk...the world lacks Hyunsung? Even though I usually prefer Seungjin...anyway, you don't have to read this if you're not feeling the ship, but I'd appreciate it.

On top of that, I wanted to say a quick Thank you to everyone who's been reading and leaving nice comments on this series! We're almost at 1k reads and I couldn't be happier about that. 

All your nice words really make my day and inspire me to keep writing. My writing has improved over the years, but I'm still lacking a LOT! Thank you for all the positive feedback! I want you guys to know that I appreciate every single one of you, silent reader or not. 

You guys are awesome!

Let's get started, shall we...

 

[set in 00 line's third year in Hogwarts]

Hwang Hyunjin was currently hanging out at the lake, trying to study for a Charms test when loud laughter caught his attention. The third year looked up and saw his classmate from Ravenclaw, Han Jisung with his friend Lee Felix from Gryffindor. The latter must have said something funny because Jisung was clutching his stomach, laughing.

Hyunjin kept looking over until the younger caught his eye.

Jisung scoffed and focused his eyes back on Felix. Recently, Hyunjin had started going on dates with lots of different people, almost every day. Some people called him a one-date-wonder, while others had even less flattering names for him.

Hyunjin figured that Jisung was probably aware of the things people said about him.

That didn't stop him from being intrigued, though.

Hyunjin and Jisung had been classmates for the past three years but he'd never really seen him in that light before. Maybe it was because they were getting older, but Jisung seemed more... handsome than he had last year.

Sure, he had always been kind of cute with his squirrel cheeks and everything, but now he was downright gorgeous.

Hyunjin tried to study for a little while longer, occasionally shooting a few glances at Jisung, before he eventually packed his books away and made his way back to the castle. He had been with many guys, but he'd never really had a real crush on anyone. He knew that most of the people he went out with, were only interested in him because of his looks. Not that he minded, since he wasn't actually interested in any of them, at all.

However, Jisung was someone who got stuck in his mind.

Maybe he should try asking him out.

~

"Uh... why are you sitting next to me?" Jisung asked the next day in Transfigurations, when Hyunjin let himself sink on the seat next to the Ravenclaw.

"Is this seat taken?" Hyunjin questioned with one of his most dazzling smiles. Jisung raised his eyebrow, seemingly unimpressed.

"It's not. I'm just surprised because we've barely ever spoken two words to each other," he pointed out.

Hyunjin chuckled and got out his book. "Well, maybe I just felt like sitting next to you," the Slytherin replied.

Jisung didn't blush, which – without trying to brag – wasn't really something that Hyunjin was used to when he talked to other guys. He knew that he looked good enough to even make straight guys flustered. Somehow, it made Jisung even more intriguing.

"I am flattered," the Ravenclaw said, sounding almost sarcastic. Hyunjin grinned and rested one elbow on the desk in front of him, looking at Jisung. They locked eyes for several seconds before Jisung looked away, getting out his own book and putting it on his table.

"Are you good at Transfigurations?" Hyunjin questioned casually.

Jisung looked back at him and smirked. "I manage," he answered. There was something about his answer that made Hyunjin think that Jisung definitely knew what he was doing. Hyunjin liked how the younger held himself with confidence.

"Maybe you could tutor me," he suggested, returning the smirk. Jisung seemed amused, letting out a chuckle.

"I'm pretty sure you don't need me to tutor you," he answered. And he was right. Hyunjin wasn't exactly good at Transfigurations, but his friends helped him as best as they could. Either way, he had seen an opportunity to try to get closer to Jisung without seeming too forward.

Class began shortly after and Hyunjin had to settle on just sneaking occasional glances at Jisung.

After class, the younger met up with Felix outside the classroom and the two of them walked off laughing and joking around. Hyunjin went in the opposite direction, not wanting to seem like he was stalking Jisung, when someone caught up with him.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to flirt yourself into Han Jisung's heart."

It was Renjun, one of Hyunjin's childhood friends, who was in Ravenclaw just like Jisung.

"I have no idea what you mean," Hyunjin replied, innocently but he wasn't even really trying to deny it.

Not that Renjun would have bought his lies anyway.

"Where are you going with this?" the Ravenclaw asked, sounding a little more serious than before.

"Jisung's an interesting guy. I just want to get to know him," Hyunjin answered. Renjun raised his eyebrows. He looked like he wanted to say something but seemed to decide against it. Hyunjin didn't quite know what it was about Jisung or what exactly he wanted from him, but he was determined to get closer to him.

"Should we eat lunch together?" Renjun suggested, as they made their way to the Great Hall. The Ravenclaw looked a little uneasy all of a sudden, causing Hyunjin to reach for his arm and stop him from walking any further.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

Renjun sighed and looked up at the ceiling to avoid eye contact with his friend.

"There's this guy in my house, who can't take no for an answer. I told him multiple times that I'm not interested in him, but he just wouldn't let it go... I don't want to sit alone at lunch..." he explained.

Hyunjin frowned. How long had this guy been harassing Renjun already?

"Do you want me to tell him off?" Hyunjin offered but Renjun shook his head.

"I'll be alright... just sit with me at lunch," he said, sounding almost pleading. The Slytherin gave him an encouraging smile and nodded, wrapping an arm around his shoulders once they started walking again.

They were intercepted right in front of the Great Hall. A tall Ravenclaw, looking like he was in his fourth or fifth year, approached them and looked at Renjun. Judging by the uneasiness on Renjun's face, this was the guy he had just told Hyunjin about.

"Hey, um... I was wondering if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade next weekend..." the guy addressed Renjun who rolled his eyes.

"I've told you before: I don't want to go with you. Not next weekend, not ever!"

The guy grinned, like he thought Renjun was only playing hard to get. Hyunjin knew the difference between hard to get and not interested. Renjun was definitely the latter.

"Excuse me, I don't think I'm okay with you trying to ask my boyfriend out on a date," Hyunjin spoke up, before the older Ravenclaw could say anything.

The guy looked at him like he had just noticed him. "Your boyfriend?" he asked, sounding surprised. "Aren't you Hwang Hyunjin? The one-date-wonder? I don't believe this for a second," he added, giving Hyunjin a once-over.

"I don't care if you believe me or not. The details of our relationship are none of your business. Back off!" the Slytherin said threateningly, even moving his hand to where he kept his wand in his robes.

Renjun giggled. "Let's go babe," he said. The guy stared after them speechlessly when they entered the Great Hall. "Thanks... I hope he leaves me alone after this. But... my boyfriend, really? You're such a hoe, I'm not surprised he didn't believe you," the Ravenclaw stated once they'd both sat down at his table.

Hyunjin chuckled and looked towards the entrance of the Great Hall where he could see the Ravenclaw guy trot over to his friends with a sour expression. "Like I said, it doesn't matter. If he bothers you again, I'll just curse him," the Slytherin said with a shrug.

"I appreciate it," Renjun told him.

"Anything for my cutie of a boyfriend," Hyunjin joked, giving the Ravenclaw a playful wink.

"Ew," Renjun said.

Both of them burst out laughing before starting to eat.

~

Hyunjin didn't really see much of Jisung until their next Transfigurations lesson.

Unfortunately, he was late, so he ended up not sitting next to him this time. He found himself sneaking several glances at the Ravenclaw throughout classes. Jisung's side profile was really nice. His features were sharp and squishy at the same time.

After class, he caught up with the younger outside. Jisung only raised an eyebrow at him when Hyunjin started casually walking next to him like they were best friends, but he decided not to say anything. Hyunjin noticed that he was taller than the Ravenclaw, which kind of delighted him a little.

"I was thinking..." Hyunjin suddenly spoke up.

"Really, now," Jisung replied indifferently.

He didn't sound cold or annoyed, so Hyunjin kept talking. "Yeah, I think you and I should hang out sometime," he said.

Jisung looked at him with a half-smirk. "Is that so..." was all he replied, though.

"I could take you out to Hogsmeade next weekend. I'm very fun to be around, you know," Hyunjin told him confidently. The younger chuckled.

"I bet you are," Jisung answered.

The Slytherin smirked. "Go out with me."

It was pretty straightforward but Hyunjin didn't often beat around the bush.

"So you can write me down in your little book of conquests? Nah, I think I'll pass," Jisung answered, before apparently spotting his friend Felix and leaving Hyunjin behind.

For some reason, Hyunjin wasn't too bummed about the rejection. It only made him want to get closer to Jisung more. He'd never really had to chase anyone like that before and he knew that the Ravenclaw wasn't completely uninterested.

~

"What's gotten into you? You usually only smirk like that when you just gotten a straight guy to turn into a tomato," Hyunjin's Slytherin friend, a fourth year named Changbin, stated when the younger joined him and their other friend Minho at lunch.

"You're definitely on to something," Minho pointed out.

Hyunjin only chuckled, deciding not to fill his friends in on his current situation with Jisung. "I'm just looking forward to the game against Ravenclaw tomorrow," he half-lied. Minho raised his eyebrows at him. The fifth year was on the Quidditch team as a Beater. They'd both only made the team this year and Hyunjin had become a star Chaser almost instantly.

"Any particular reason for that?" Minho asked him knowingly. Hyunjin shook his head innocently and his friends decided to drop the matter for now. It hadn't been a complete lie, since Jisung was on Ravenclaw's Quidditch team as a Keeper.

Hyunjin was definitely looking forward to playing against him for the first time.

~

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the hottest game of the year, the ultimate showdown – Slytherin against Ravenclaw!" the Quidditch announcer, a guy named Johnny, whom Hyunjin believed was in Gryffindor, bellowed through the stadium. It was exaggerated, of course, it wasn't even that big of a game, but Johnny liked to make his commentary sound interesting.

Hyunjin couldn't wait to be up in the air. He loved Quidditch; always had. He'd always dreamed of being a Chaser which was why he had been extremely happy when he'd made the team this year. It was one of the things that had gotten him all the attention he got from his admirers.

Everyone loved a good-looking star Chaser who also knew what he was doing.

The game began and soon enough Hyunjin had acquired the Quaffle and was racing towards the goal posts, guarded by none other than Han Jisung. The Ravenclaw Keeper caught the Quaffle before it could go through one of the three goal posts and threw it to one of the Ravenclaw Chasers. He made eye contact with Hyunjin and even had the nerve to smirk and wink at him before focusing back on the ball.

Hyunjin grinned and decided to get his head back in the game for now. He managed to get the Quaffle back in his possession, throwing it to one of his teammates, who scored a goal shortly after. He dodged a Bludger and chased after one of his rivals in an attempt to snatch the Quaffle out of his grip, which he did.

He made his way towards Jisung, shooting him a playful grin, as he came to a stop a few meters in front of the goal posts.

"Suggestion," he shouted over the loud wind that blew in their ears. Jisung raised his eyebrows. "If I get this one in, you got to go on a date with me," Hyunjin said, grin widening as he casually threw the Quaffle from one hand into the other.

Jisung rolled his eyes at him. "Just throw the damn Quaffle," he shouted back.

Hyunjin smirked. "Say you'll go out with me," he demanded playfully. The Ravenclaw tried to look annoyed but Hyunjin could see the hints of a smile on his face.

"Fine, if you don't this one up, I'll go out with you..." he finally agreed. Hyunjin's confidence was boosted even more and he made intense eye contact with Jisung for a few more seconds, before throwing the Quaffle.

To be fair, Jisung missed it by a hair but a deal was a deal.

Hyunjin smirked and returned Jisung's wink from earlier.

~

"Damn, Hwang, you played like you were on fire today!" the team captain Daniel Kang complimented him after the game, which they had won by 10 points. Hyunjin received several more or less hard pats on the back from his teammates since he had scored the most points before their Seeker had caught the Snitch.

"Thanks," he said, though quickly excusing himself afterwards.

He saw Jisung making his way back up to the castle, alone. Hyunjin jogged up to him and grinned.

"You played well today," he complimented him; and he meant it. Jisung had only been added to Ravenclaw's team this year after their last Keeper had graduated the year before, but he was really good.

"So did you," Jisung answered.

Hyunjin had to admit that he was a little surprised by that response, since the Ravenclaw had never been this sincere with him before. But then again, Hyunjin was nothing but flirty with him either, so it was probably not that surprising.

"Thanks. Now, about that date. My offer about Hogsmeade this Saturday still stands if you're interested," Hyunjin told him.

Jisung gave him a short side-look, rolling his eyes playfully. "Alright. Might as well get this over with. I'm a man of my word, after all," he replied.

Hyunjin chuckled. "That's good to hear... I'll meet you in the entrance hall around 11, okay?" Jisung nodded and Hyunjin took off with one more smile in his direction.

~

"What's your deal with Jisung?" Changbin questioned as soon as Hyunjin entered the Slytherin common room. The younger let himself fall down on one of the couches, resting his feet on the coffee table.

"Whatever do you mean?" Hyunjin asked innocently. Changbin crossed his arms over his chest and gave the younger a look. "We're going out this Saturday," Hyunjin admitted with a shrug.

Changbin raised both his eyebrows. "Since when are you interested in him?" he questioned. Hyunjin shrugged again, not answering the question. Minho came in and sat down next to the youngest.

"Hyunjin is going out with Jisung this weekend," Changbin told him right away. Hyunjin gave him an exasperated look. Minho snorted.

"I didn't realize Han Jisung was into guys like Hyunjin," he commented. Hyunjin regarded the older with the same look.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I didn't realize Han Jisung was into guys at all," Changbin mumbled.

"Well, he did have this boyfriend a few months ago... what was his name again? Lee Jeno, I think," Minho told them.

"That Gryffindor from my year?" Hyunjin asked with a pout. "What does he see in that guy?" he mumbled to himself, earning himself four raised eyebrows.

"Apparently nothing anymore, seeing as they broke up... are you jealous?" Changbin questioned.

Hyunjin huffed. "Of course not... Lee Jeno is a lousy Quidditch player... and... he's–"

"He's not that bad, actually. And he's a nice guy," Minho pointed out.

"Cute, too," Changbin added.

The youngest made an unhappy face. "I'm nice and cute..." He saw Minho and Changbin exchange a look but rose from his seat before either of them could about being jealous. "I'm going to bed..." he announced and walked off towards his dorm. He didn't wipe the pout off his face for the rest of the evening.

Maybe he was a little jealous. Jeno obviously wasn't a lousy Quidditch player, considering he'd made it into Gryffindor's team as a Beater in his very first year. And he was very nice to everyone. Hyunjin wondered why he and Jisung broke up.

"Bro, you look like you're about to glare a hole into the ceiling," his friend Sunwoo pointed out. Hyunjin just groaned and hid under his blanket.

"Am I better-looking than Lee Jeno?" he asked, voice sounding muffled through the cloth.

He heard Sunwoo snort. "Sure, I guess," came his reply.

"Good, I have someone to woo," Hyunjin said determinedly, shaking his blanket off again.

Sunwoo snorted once again. "Alright then..."

~

Saturday came faster than expected and before he knew it, he was waiting for Jisung in the entrance hall, dressed in casual clothing and determined to make this date go well. Jisung was punctual, also dressed casually and even offering Hyunjin a little smile which he returned brightly.

"So, what do you want to do?" Hyunjin questioned on their way to the village.

Jisung grinned. "How about getting something to drink first? I'm craving a butterbeer," he suggested. Hyunjin nodded in agreement.

"Three Broomsticks, then?"

"I'd prefer the Hog's Head Inn, to be honest. It's quieter, since most people go to the Three Broomsticks because of Madame Rosmerta," Jisung explained.

Hyunjin raised his eyebrows in mild amusement. "Don't like her?" he questioned.

Jisung frowned. "The old hag tried to poison me after Felix and I pranked her," he told the Slytherin who couldn't help but laugh at Jisung's sour expression.

"Hog's Head Inn it is, then," Hyunjin said. He'd never been there before, but he'd heard that the place had been run by Albus Dumbledore's brother up until a few years ago.

Hogsmeade was crowded as always; students were heading to Honeydukes, Zonko's joke shop and some were exploring the side alleys that would lead to more deserted places like the Hog's Head Inn or Madame Paddifoot's tea shop.

Jisung led the way to the Hogs's Head Inn, the two of them not speaking very much, though, the silence wasn't awkward.

When they reached the Inn, the first thing Hyunjin noticed was a goat standing near the counter. A man with a shaggy, brown beard was washing a few glasses with flying rugs. He gave the two third years a curious look as the Ravenclaw made his way over to a booth, closely followed by Hyunjin. They sat down and about two minutes later the guy came over to them, giving them an expectant look.

"I'll have a butterbeer, please," Hyunjin said, looking over at Jisung.

"Me too," the younger told the beard guy, who just grunted in acknowledgement and walked off. Jisung leaned back in his seat, looking at Hyunjin still watching him.

"What?" the Ravenclaw asked.

Hyunjin grinned and shrugged. "Nothing," he replied innocently. "This place is... cozy," he stated, looking around. Jisung chuckled.

"It's shabby but the atmosphere is nice. It really is a lot quieter than at the Three Broomsticks," the Slytherin continued.

The bearded guy came back with their drinks and wordlessly set them down, before leaving again.

"So, what do you usually do when you come to Hogsmeade?" Jisung questioned.

Hyunjin took a sip of his butterbeer before answering: "Typical stuff. I buy sweets, or I get a drink... I often hang out at the Quidditch store."

Jisung hummed in acknowledgement.

"I usually don't really take my dates to Hogsmeade. At least, not on my own accord," Hyunjin said.

"Wow, I feel so special," the Ravenclaw retorted sarcastically, luckily, he didn't seem annoyed by that statement, though. Hyunjin chuckled.

"You know, I like how you're so..."

"Not starstruck by Hwang Hyunjin?" Jisung offered.

Hyunjin nodded with a small laugh. "I'm not that big of a deal but people treat me like I won the Quidditch World Cup sometimes. I like the fact that you're not impressed by those things," he explained.

"I am impressed by your talent. You're an amazing Chaser. It's just not all it takes to impress me," Jisung clarified, not sounding sarcastic for a change. Hyunjin rested his elbows on the table and cupped his own face, looking at Jisung.

"Then what does it take? What are you looking for?" he asked, genuinely interested.

"I like honesty, to begin with. Don't feed me bull and we're going to be just fine. I like people who are down to earth, and I absolutely hate shallowness," Jisung told him straightforwardly.

Hyunjin had to say that he was the one who was impressed right now.

Jisung was his age – even a little younger – but he knew exactly what he wanted. That was way more than the Slytherin could say about himself.

"So, how am I doing so far?" Hyunjin questioned. Jisung smirked and took a long sip from his butterbeer.

"Better than expected," he answered.

Hyunjin returned the smirk. "That's good to hear..."

They finished their butterbeers while talking about Quidditch and school, before Hyunjin paid for both of them and they left the almost empty pub. They bought some sweets at Honeydukes and Jisung wanted to stop by at Zonko's to get some stuff to prank Felix with.

Jisung was fun to be around, Hyunjin noticed. He laughed a lot when he wasn't as careful and reserved or hiding behind his cockiness. Hyunjin caught himself staring at him more often than he was willing to admit. The two of them had warmed up to each other a lot over the past two hours.

Eventually, it was time to head back to the castle for dinner. Hyunjin wasn't exactly hungry, though, since he'd stuffed his face with chocolate frogs and other sweets from Honeydukes. The two of them could already hear excited chatter and the clanking of silverware on plates when they stepped into the entrance hall.

Jisung turned to face Hyunjin, looking up at the taller boy.

"Well, I guess today was fun," he told the Slytherin, who grinned at him.

"You guess?" he teased.

Jisung rolled his eyes at him and they both laughed. Hyunjin caught Jisung's eyes wander to his lips, but before he could comment on it, the younger pulled him closer by his tie and kissed him.

It was unexpected, but not unwelcome so Hyunjin responded by letting his hands come to a rest on Jisung's waist and pulling him closer, as the younger moved his lips against his. Unfortunately, Jisung pulled back eventually, giving Hyunjin a smirk.

"Maybe this way, I'll leave a lasting impression," he muttered before winking and walking off into the Great Hall.

Hyunjin stayed back, speechless and feeling kind of tingly from that kiss. He wouldn't have thought that Jisung would take the initiative, though he couldn't particularly say he minded. He wasn't sure how long he remained standing there with a dumb grin on his face before finally heading into the Great Hall as well...

~

Jisung was more than just a little surprised when Hyunjin sat down across from him at the Ravenclaw table the next morning, looking straight at him.

"What does a guy need to do to get a second date with Han Jisung?" the Slytherin questioned.

The younger got over his surprise pretty quickly, his face breaking into an amused expression. "I'm not the one with a one-date-policy... that would be you," he retorted, causing Hyunjin to grin.

"Well, I kinda like you, so... go out with me again?" he asked.

Jisung raised both his eyebrows. "Did I leave that much of an impression last night?"A few Ravenclaws within earshot looked at Jisung weirdly and he realized how wrong his words must have sounded out of context. "Not like that, you s!" he scolded his housemates, some of which just snickered before focusing their attention back on their breakfast.

Hyunjin laughed – Jisung noticed how cute he looked when he did that – and stole a grape from Jisung's plate. He looked at him somewhat challengingly before speaking up again: "So, will you go out with me again or what?" Jisung rolled his eyes, mostly to hide his actual excitement.

"Alright... meet me at the Quidditch field at 6," he said.

"What, you wanna play one on one?" Hyunjin asked him, a smirk etching across his face.

"Why not, Mister Star Chaser," Jisung replied with a smirk on his own. Hyunjin rose from his seat after stealing another one of Jisung's grapes.

"It's a date, then. See you tonight," the Slytherin said and winked as he took off towards his own table.

~

"What was that all about?" Changbin questioned when Hyunjin came over to the Slytherin table with a satisfied smirk.

"Just asked Jisung out again," he answered. Minho, who had been busy flirting with another Slytherin, who sat next to him, looked over at Hyunjin.

"A second date?" Hyunjin nodded and poured himself some pumpkin juice.

"Since when do you do second dates?" Changbin chimed in. Hyunjin gave both his friends a look but didn't answer the fourth year's question. "Are your days as a hoe numbered? Is Han Jisung really that great?"

"Bin, could you stop interrogating me? I'm trying to eat breakfast!" Hyunjin finally said. "And I'm not a hoe!" he added with a pout. Minho grinned at him.

"You didn't answer the other question," he pointed out. Hyunjin rolled his eyes at his inquisitive friends.

"Yes, Han Jisung is really that great, happy?!"

He sighed and rolled his eyes again when he saw Changbin and Minho exchange knowing looks. He should definitely go and find himself a new set of friends, he thought to himself.

~

After a long, stressful school day, Hyunjin was really looking forward to spending some time on the Quidditch field – with Jisung. For some reason, Hyunjin hadn't been able to get the Ravenclaw off his mind all day and he couldn't help but smile at the memory of their kiss.

He made his way to the Quidditch field around a quarter to six since he didn't want to be late. Jisung was already there, when he stepped into the changing rooms, though, tying his shoelaces with a double knot. He looked up when Hyunjin entered the dressing room.

"Oh, hi," he said.

"Hey," the Slytherin replied. Since Hyunjin had already changed into his practice clothes at the dorm, they made their way outside once Jisung was finished, getting on their broomsticks right away. Call him whipped, but Jisung looked really good in his Quidditch uniform. He was a born Keeper, guarding his goal posts with a certain look of pride and responsibility.

"Now, you can show me what you got when it's just the two of us, since my awesomeness distracted you during our last game," Hyunjin joked. Jisung snorted but kept any possible sarcastic remark to himself. Hyunjin tossed the Quaffle around between his hands before heading towards the guarded goal posts. He smirked at Jisung and threw the volleyball-sized ball.

Jisung reacted quickly, dashing to his left and catching the Quaffle with one hand. He grinned triumphantly and tossed the ball back to Hyunjin.

"Not bad, Han," the Slytherin said. The younger just grinned.

"How about we make things more interesting," Jisung suggested.

Hyunjin raised his eyebrows, clearly interested. "How so?" he questioned, flying a little closer towards Jisung to prevent the younger having to shout.

"You get ten tries... if you score more than five, I'll grant you a wish," Jisung suggested.

The Slytherin smirked. "What kind of wish?"

"Anything reasonable," the Ravenclaw clarified. Good enough for Hyunjin.

"Alright. If you hold more than five, I'll grant you a wish," he agreed. Jisung nodded.

"Deal," the Keeper said confidently. Hyunjin got ready to throw the Quaffle. He made eye contact with Jisung, trying to somewhat control him. He'd figured that eye contact often confused his opponents and made it easier to trick them.

He threw the Quaffle right through the middle ring after making Jisung believe that he'd throw through the left one.

"That's one!" he stated. Jisung retrieved the red ball and tossed it back over to Hyunjin.

"Don't get too cocky. This is far from over!" Jisung warned him playfully.

Hyunjin replied with a grin and got ready again. Jisung held that one. And the one after that as well. Hyunjin wasn't going to get demotivated, though. He scored two more. Jisung shot him a grin when he caught the sixth shot with ease. He held the next one as well but missed the one after that.

"A tie," the Ravenclaw stated after two more throws.

Hyunjin grinned. "Alright then... game point, the next shot determines the winner," he said.

Jisung clapped his hands together once. "Alright, then. Show me what you got, Hwang!" he exclaimed determinedly.

Hyunjin smirked and winked but then focused on the goal posts. He thought about how granting Jisung a wish wouldn't be the worst outcome, but his Slytherin pride wouldn't let him go in that direction just yet. He threw the Quaffle, aiming for the goal posts on Jisung's right...

...and Jisung missed it by a hair.

"I guess... that's it," the younger said. Hyunjin flew over to him.

"Good game," he told the Ravenclaw, who gave him a genuine smile in return.

"You too," he said. "What's your wish?" he questioned.

"I don't have one, yet. But I'm sure I'll come up with something," Hyunjin promised with a confident grin.

They continued flying around for a while, mindlessly throwing the Quaffle around or playing on each other's positions, before they noticed how late it had already gotten. They landed and headed back to the castle without bothering to change first.

"Seems like we've missed dinner..." Hyunjin pointed out when they arrived at the empty Great Hall.

Jisung nodded and looked around. "We probably shouldn't be here. A teacher might catch us and give us detention..." he said. Hyunjin nodded in agreement and reached for Jisung's hand, dragging him along towards what the younger believed was the direction of the Hufflepuff common room.

"What are you doing?" Jisung questioned. Hyunjin came to a stop in front of a fruit bowl portrait and did something Jisung couldn't quite see, since he was standing behind him. The portrait swung to the side and revealed the Hogwarts kitchen.

"I can't let you go to bed with an empty stomach, now can I," Hyunjin told the Ravenclaw, grinning widely. Jisung took a look around the kitchen.

"Seems like nobody's here," he stated while following Hyunjin to one of the countless stoves that dragged themselves along the long stone wall.

"House elves have fair work schedules nowadays, it isn't necessary for them to be here all night," the Slytherin explained.

Jisung sat down on one of the long tables in the middle of the room. "You talk like you know them," he said. The older put a pot on the stove and went to look for something to cook.

"I do. I'm friends with some of them," he told him. "No need for History of Magic when you got these guys," he continued while carrying random stuff over to the table Jisung sat at. "Many of them fought in the Battle of Hogwarts. They told me the wildest stories while teaching me how to cook," he explained.

"Do you want ramen or Mac n Cheese?" he switched subjects.

Jisung looked at the food choices. "I'd kill for a bowl of ramen," he said. Hyunjin smiled and went over to begin preparing their dinner. "I didn't know you liked to cook," Jisung said.

Hyunjin turned around with a playful smirk on his lips. "There's a lot you don't know about me," he answered. Jisung huffed out a laugh.

"I guess that's true... but, I mean, you could always tell me more about yourself," he suggested.

"What do you want to know?" Hyunjin questioned, while focusing his attention back on the stove.

Jisung leaned back on the table, resting his weight on his hands. "Hm... were you always into Quidditch?"

"Yeah, pretty much... my Mom once told me that my first ever birthday wish was a broomstick. I've always dreamed of being a Chaser," Hyunjin explained. "What about you?" he asked as he put the noodles in the pot.

"Well, I grew up with muggles, so I had never heard about Quidditch until I got here. I've always wanted to fly, though. I tried out for the Ravenclaw team in my first year, but I lacked practice, so my friend Chan helped me and Felix a lot and this year, we both made it," Jisung told him, smiling fondly at the memories of long flight training sessions with the two Gryffindors.

Hyunjin hummed in acknowledgement as he carried over the pot and set it down on the table next to Jisung before sitting down as well before they began to eat.

"Ravenclaw got themselves a pretty good Keeper then. I liked playing against you," Hyunjin told him.

"I guess playing against you wasn't too bad either. Even though, we lost," Jisung replied.

Hyunjin nudged him playfully.

"It's kind of what got you here, isn't it," the Slytherin pointed out, causing Jisung to chuckle.

"I guess you could say that..." he admitted.

~

They finished eating and proceeded to clean up together. "You know, I really kind of like you... maybe we should do this more often," Hyunjin said as they were about to sneak out of the kitchen. Jisung leaned against the back of the portrait at the entrance, raising his eyebrows.

"Wow, Hwang Hyunjin, two dates and you're still not sick of me? Are you perhaps... whipped?!" he teased overdramatically. Hyunjin laughed and reached for his hand.

"Maybe," he answered.

They held hands all the way to the Ravenclaw tower. Luckily, none of the ghosts or teachers caught them on their way. Jisung would never admit this, even if someone tortured him, but his heartbeat had sped up a little bit, because of their intertwined hands.

Hyunjin was nothing like the cold-hearted jerk the rumors described him as. Well, Jisung had known Hyunjin enough to know that he wasn't cold-hearted, but he had never gotten himself to trust him very much before.

He actually wasn't a jerk at all.

Finally, they arrived at the entrance to the Ravenclaw common room and came to a stop there. "Let me get one thing straight. I don't want to be played with. So, if I say yes to another date..." Jisung began, facing Hyunjin, however not letting go of his hand. "...it's because we're exclusive. If you can't handle that, it's best you walk away and find yourself a new boy toy," the younger clarified.

He liked Hyunjin, he was sure of it. Maybe he had been too forward, but if Jisung was going to throw himself into what this might become, he wanted to do it on his own terms.

Hyunjin grinned and pulled Jisung a little closer.

"Okay..." he said, his tone dropping, though Jisung wasn't sure if it was because of the fact that it was already a quarter to midnight or because of their proximity. "But only if I get another good night kiss..." the older continued. Jisung rolled his eyes playfully, but complied nonetheless...

He'd thought a lot about his first kiss with Hyunjin and he'd be lying to himself if he said that he didn't want to do it again. When his lips met Hyunjin's he couldn't help but smile a little into the kiss. He liked kissing Hyunjin; he liked the way his hands rested on his waist and how soft and full his lips were. Jisung could definitely get used to this...

"There you go... now go back to your common room before you get in trouble," he warned the older after he'd pulled back.

Hyunjin chuckled, leaning down to give Jisung another short peck on his lips. "I guess, I'll see you tomorrow," the Slytherin said.

"I guess," Jisung answered teasingly.

He watched Hyunjin walk away until he couldn't see him anymore before he answered the Ravenclaw doorknob's question and headed to his dorm with a soft smile on his face.

~

"You look like you just won a million Galleons..." Changbin pointed out when Hyunjin came into the common room with a wide smile on his face. His two friends sat on the couch, looking like parents who awaited their son's return.

"What are you two still doing up?" he questioned.

Minho smirked. "Studying. But you know, we could ask you the same thing. We didn't see you at dinner. Were you out with Jisung until now?" Hyunjin raised his hands in a surrendering motion.

"Damn, Mom, I didn't realize that I just walked right into an interrogation room," the youngest said. "But yes, Jisung and I were out until now. And we'll be going out again," he added. Changbin looked beyond surprised.

"Did I hear that right? Did Han Jisung give you, like, a love potion or something?" he questioned suspiciously.

Hyunjin just laughed. "No, I just like him, that's all. No potion needed," he replied, before adding a cheerful "good night" and disappearing to his dorm before his friends could ask more questions.

~

Things with Jisung were a pretty relaxing mixture of casual and committed. They went on a few more dates over the course of the next week and Hyunjin found it surprisingly easy to get used to calling Han Jisung his boyfriend. Others weren't so quick to understand, though.

The school's one-date-wonder had really gotten himself a boyfriend.

Changbin seemed, both, shocked and impressed that Hyunjin had started exclusively dating someone. ("I'm glad you came to your senses before Minho's ways completely rubbed off on you."

"That's the respect I get as your senior? Wow...")

Today, the third-year students of Ravenclaw and Slytherin had Transfigurations together.

Hyunjin was well-aware of the fact that more than half of their class was staring at him when he sat down next to Jisung and kissed his cheek, mumbling a little "Hi," but he didn't care about the others.

"Do you want to study together later? We could go to the lake, since the weather's so nice," Hyunjin suggested.

Jisung nodded with a small smile on his lips. "Sounds good," he replied. Hyunjin grinned and got his book out, as class was about to start. He didn't pay much attention, as usual, mainly because he was busy staring at Jisung or poking his squishy cheeks.

"You're gonna get in trouble if you keep this up," Jisung mumbled fake-threatening. Hyunjin smirked at him.

"What are you gonna do?" he asked. Jisung returned the smirk and leaned closer to the Slytherin's ear.

"It's not me you should be worried about, but I'll have you know that McGonagall has been shooting death glares at you for the past 10 minutes," he pointed out. "It's only a matter of time until she transforms you into a toad."

Hyunjin chuckled but a little glance in Professor McGonagall's direction told him that the Ravenclaw was right. It probably wasn't a good idea to keep provoking her, so he settled on just holding Jisung's hand under the table, which didn't seem to bother the younger one bit.

~

"Jesus Christ, get a room!" Felix exclaimed when he saw Jisung openly making out with Hyunjin in the middle of the entrance hall. Jisung pulled back and looked at his friend, who was dramatically covering his eyes. Hungry students passed by them into the Great Hall where Jisung and Hyunjin had planned to go before they had gotten... sidetracked.

"You're just jealous..." the Ravenclaw teased his friend.

"Nah, I'm good. Are we still on for practice after lunch?" Felix asked, not really looking at Hyunjin, who had placed an arm around Jisung's shoulders, leaning against the wall next to him.

"Sure," Jisung replied. Felix nodded in acknowledgement before heading into the Great Hall.

"I'm starving..." the younger said. "I'll go eat with Felix, alright? I don't want your friends to hate me for stealing you from them," he added with a grin. Hyunjin snorted.

"They probably wouldn't even notice. Minho's too busy flirting with anyone within reach and Changbin's too busy staring at–" he cut himself off. Jisung raised his eyebrows, slightly curious.

"Who's he staring at?"

Hyunjin chuckled. "I'm not sure if I should pass on this information but let me tell you that he's had his eye on a Gryffindor for a while," he told Jisung secretively.

"Anyway, if you wanna eat with Felix, that's fine. I'll see you later," Hyunjin added, quickly pecking Jisung's cheek, before heading off to the Slytherin table.

Jisung sighed and leaned against the wall for a few more seconds before joining Felix and Chan at their table. When he reached the two of them, Felix was telling Chan something while making wild gestures with his hands, while the fifth year looked concerned for his friend's pumpkin juice.

Jisung sat down next to Chan, nodding in his direction as a greeting. "...and then his potion just splashed all over the dungeon. The people who couldn't duck in time started growing humongous beaks! It was the best Potions lesson ever..." Felix closed his story.

Chan laughed at his excited friend while Jisung wasn't sure if he wanted to hear the details.

"So, Jisung," Felix suddenly started with a grin. "You and Hyunjin seem pretty close," he pointed out. Jisung snorted.

"We're dating, Felix, what do you expect us to be?" he retorted. Chan rested one of his elbows on the table and looked at him.

"Right, how are things going between you two anyway?" he questioned. Felix wagged his eyebrows at the Ravenclaw.

"Good... everything's good," Jisung said, while scooping some mashed potatoes onto his plate.

"That doesn't sound very enthusiastic, considering you just had your tongue down his throat," the younger Gryffindor stated, causing Jisung to almost choke on air at his wording.

"Excuse me, I did not have my tongue down his throat! And it wasn't supposed to sound like anything. Things are good between us," Jisung clarified.

"I still wonder how you did it. Hyunjin's not really the type to get a boyfriend," Chan stated.

"Neither is that fourth year you're dating and look at you!" Jisung snapped unintentionally. Chan only raised his eyebrows at him. "Sorry... I didn't mean to..." the younger apologized.

"I just hate that people have this certain image of Hyunjin when he's really not like that. He might have been a player before we started dating but when he's with me, there's only me. He's never looked at anyone else when we're hanging out. It's just..." Jisung trailed off.

"Just what?" Chan asked, luckily, not mad about Jisung's little outburst.

"I just don't know if it'll last, you know. Like, right now, it's great and I like him but... what if that's not enough?" he questioned.

"Slow down first. You're still young. You don't have to get married anytime soon. And maybe it will last. Feelings can grow," Chan assured him.

"Or disappear..." Felix spoke up, earning himself a glare from the older Gryffindor.

Jisung sighed. He did like Hyunjin; he liked hanging out with him and he really wasn't a bad kisser, but something was missing. Something just hadn't clicked inside Jisung's heart, yet.

"We'll see how things will turn out. Right now, you should enjoy what you two have," Chan told him. Jisung just nodded and began to eat his potatoes while Felix came up with another story to tell.

~

"I hate Charms..." Hyunjin said and threw his open book in the grass next to himself. Jisung, whose head was resting in the Slytherin's lap, just laughed.

"I like Charms. It's fun" he replied.

Hyunjin pouted. "It's no fun if Professor Flitwick is always around to criticize you when you up a spell."

Jisung sat up and reached for the Slytherin's Charms book. "Alright, let's see..." he said, eyes skipping over the pages. "Cheering charms... they're not that hard, I can help you if you want," he offered.

Hyunjin's face brightened up at the younger's words. "Could you? I really at that kind of stuff..." he said desperately.

"I guess we could give it a try," Jisung told him with a chuckle.

Hyunjin spent hours with Jisung, trying to get the spell right. He got better at it with the Ravenclaw's help but he still wasn't that confident about actually doing well in class. He just wasn't good at Charms and the constant nagging he got from Professor Flitwick didn't really help him with his confidence.

"I have a better idea... we could just do something else," Hyunjin told Jisung when he finally had enough.

The Ravenclaw raised his eyebrows. "Like what?" he questioned. Hyunjin shrugged and reached for his hand, playing with the younger's fingers.

"Anything. I don't want to touch a Charms book until I absolutely have to!"

Jisung grinned. "Alright...then how about we do something a little more fun," he suggested. Hyunjin raised his eyebrows.

"What did you have in mind?" the older asked. Jisung began dragging him along, a slightly mischievous look on his squishy face.

"We're gonna pull a prank on our dear teachers..." the Ravenclaw finally said. Hyunjin's eyes widened.

"That's going to get us in so much trouble!" Jisung laughed.

"That's how you know you were successful!" he told his boyfriend.

Hyunjin chuckled. "You're wild," the Slytherin said, but followed along nonetheless.

~

"I can't believe you got us into this," Hyunjin said with a laugh as he swiped over the lens of the telescope, he was currently cleaning in the supply room of the Astronomy tower. It was punishment for the prank he and his boyfriend had pulled on the faculty of Hogwarts. Jisung chuckled.

"It was worth it, don't you think?"

Hyunjin nodded. "It really was... but where the hell did you even get a stink bomb that yells insults?" he questioned the younger.

Jisung just grinned secretively, not answering the question. "I have my ways. Felix is going to have a hard time living up to that one," he said. He put his telescope down and picked up a new one. Hyunjin did the same. He figured that telescope cleaning wasn't the worst punishment they could get, especially if he could hang out with Jisung while he was at it.

"You know, I never expected a Ravenclaw to be such a troublemaker," Hyunjin pointed out. Jisung looked at him in mock-exasperation.

"I am more than an average Ravenclaw, Hwang," he pointed out. "Besides, I don't think being a troublemaker is a trait that gets you sorted in a certain house," he added.

Hyunjin hummed in agreement. "I guess you're right."

Eventually, the two of them finished cleaning the telescopes. It was too early for dinner, so they decided to just hang around the Astronomy tower for a little while longer. They sat on the floor on the highest level, looking over the grounds of Hogwarts.

Jisung looked at Hyunjin. He looked gorgeous in the orange light of the setting sun, wind softly breezing through his jet-black hair. Jisung knew that he liked being with Hyunjin, he liked having someone who gave him attention and affection. He knew that Hyunjin was an amazing boyfriend, not that he had that much experience, seeing as he was only the second boyfriend in Jisung's life.

He wanted to feel so much more for Hyunjin than he actually did. He wanted his stomach to do backflips when they kissed, and he wanted his skin to tingle when Hyunjin touched him.

All he could hope for was that it would happen eventually, because he liked it when Hyunjin kissed or touched him.

But that was about it.

He just liked it...

~

Hyunjin had never felt more awful in his life. The past week with Jisung had been as amazing as the ones before – even the day they got detention because of Jisung's idea to prank the teachers.

Lately, however, he found himself thinking of their dates as just hanging out with a friend. A friend he made out with, occasionally, but a friend nonetheless. He was comfortable around Jisung, like he could just be himself and tell him anything.

Besides, as much as he liked spending time with Jisung, he missed going on dates with different people. Of course, he didn't want to break the younger's heart with these kinds of thoughts, but he had thought about ending things with him. He was reluctant to do it because he didn't want to lose the Ravenclaw.

He was currently sitting under his usual tree at the lake alone, studying for his finals even though they were still a good two months away. Jisung was supposed to meet him here in about 10 minutes. Hyunjin sighed, taking some notes for Transfiguration.

He looked up just in time to see Jisung approach him with a half-smile. He let himself fall into the grass across from the older.

"Hey..." he mumbled. Hyunjin shut his book and looked at Jisung.

"Hi," he replied.

He wasn't sure if he saw it right, but Jisung looked a little uneasy.

~

"I need to talk to you," Jisung said after a few minutes of silence.

Hyunjin furrowed his brows. "Sure, what is it?" he replied, putting his notes aside. Jisung took a deep breath. He had thought about doing this for a few days now, since their detention date on the Astronomy tower, yet he wasn't sure how things would turn out if he actually went through with it.

"Um... first off, I want to say that I like you. But..." he cut himself off and exhaled. "I just... don't see us working out. I can't picture ever falling in love with you... which is why I think we should break up," he finally said, though his eyes closed towards the end, afraid of Hyunjin's reaction.

"Oh..." was all the Slytherin said at first. Jisung slowly dared to look at Hyunjin again. He didn't look mad. "I've been thinking about that as well..." Hyunjin told him, scratching the back of his head, like he always did when he felt sheepish. Jisung couldn't help but feel a little relieved. That would hopefully make things easier

"I didn't want to hurt you by suggesting to break up because I'd really like to stay friends, even if it's cliché..." Hyunjin said, but Jisung's face lit up.

"No, staying friends is exactly what I want!" he exclaimed. He liked spending time with Hyunjin and, even though, he would kind of miss those lips, he felt like they were better off as friends.

Hyunjin chuckled. "Look at us..." he muttered.

"Excited to break up," Jisung added, also chuckling.

The Slytherin leaned over to kiss Jisung on the cheek one last time before getting up. "I should get back to the castle. I have practice tonight..." he told the younger who nodded and rose to his feet as well.

Hyunjin smiled at him, ready to walk away when he seemed to remember something. "Oh right... one last thing... I feel like we should tell people that I was the one who broke up with you... take it as my wish from our second date," the Slytherin said.

Jisung furrowed his brows in confusion.

Why would Hyunjin request such a thing?

"Um... okay, sure... sounds like a reasonable enough wish..." Jisung answered.

Hyunjin grinned at him brightly before taking off, leaving a confused Ravenclaw behind. Jisung couldn't help but feel a little hurt over the older's request. Was his reputation really that important to him? Was it really such a disgrace to be dumped for once?

Jisung exhaled, shrugging it off. Maybe he'd ask Hyunjin about it later. Or maybe he'd let it die and just deal with it. It was Hyunjin's wish and Jisung hadn't been lying when he'd told the older that he was a man of his word.

In the end, it didn't really matter anyway.

~

Hyunjin hadn't expected to feel a little bummed after Jisung broke up with him. He knew that his feelings for the younger weren't of romantic nature, but the time they'd spent as a couple had been pretty awesome.

He just hoped that things wouldn't become awkward for them from now on.

After Quidditch practice he made his way back to the Slytherin common room. He sat down on one of the couches, getting lost in his own thoughts.

"Hey," Changbin's voice interrupted him. He looked at the older who sat down next to him. "I heard you and Jisung broke up," he said.

"I don't even want to know how you found out about that it just happened a few hours ago," Hyunjin replied.

Changbin raised his eyebrows. "He looked kind of upset earlier. Fe–... I mean his Gryffindor friend seemed to be comforting him..."

Hyunjin furrowed his brows at the news. It had been Jisung's suggestion to break up... but maybe the feeling was the same as Hyunjin's.

They'd had a pretty good time together, after all.

He looked at Changbin again, only to see that the older Slytherin looked a little pissed. "You know, for once I thought you were serious about someone. Why'd you break up with him?" he questioned. Hyunjin wanted to tell him that it had been mutual, but he'd asked Jisung to tell people that it had been him who ended things, so that's what he was going to stick by.

"I was serious about him. I'm just not the one for him... and I think he feels the same. Now, I would be thankful if you would stay out of my business," Hyunjin said sharply, not giving Changbin a chance to answer. Instead, he got up and went to his dorm where he could be alone.

~

A few days later, Hyunjin found himself sitting next to Jisung in Transfigurations. It had been unintentional since the seat next to Jisung had been the only unoccupied one. Hyunjin hadn't seen Jisung around a lot since their breakup, only during mealtime.

"Hey, are we good?" he asked carefully.

Jisung gave him a side look before getting his books out of his bag. "Of course..." he replied. Hyunjin faced him completely.

"Are you sure? Because I don't want us to be awkward or anything... I thought we were cool," the Slytherin said.

Jisung looked at him, also fully facing him. "And we are. Everything's fine!" he reassured the older. Hyunjin studied his features. He didn't seem to be lying.

"So, we're good?" Hyunjin questioned again, just to be sure.

Jisung chuckled and lightly hit his arm. "Yes, and now stop asking!" he said.

~

Over the next two weeks Hyunjin and Jisung got rid of the last bit of awkwardness between them. Even though, Jisung still didn't quite understand why Hyunjin insisted on making people believe that he was the one who had dumped him, he decided to just let it go. Hyunjin finally stopped making sure if they were really okay and by the end of the year, the two of them were actually really good friends.

Hyunjin picked up his old dating habits again, reclaiming his title as one-date-wonder, while Jisung rekindled his romance with Lee Jeno, which went on and off for a while over summer break until a few weeks into their fourth year before they decided to break it off for good.

Hyunjin figured that the two of them had yet to find the right one... 

 

This turned out longer than expected, but I really felt the need to write it. I just love prequels lol...

I hope you guys liked it too, even if it wasn't Seungjin. I'll try to get the next one shot done by next Thursday! And I hope this random little blast of the past didn't confuse y'all too much.