festivals and heartbreaks ♡

Makeup and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu was heading down the hallway to his apartment with groceries in one hand and keys in the other; when he unlocked the door, he entered the apartment but almost tripped over a gathering of packages. Stumbling into the residence, he let out a groan and shut the door, yelling at his roommate, "Boo Seungkwan, you better do something about this packages before I destroy all your make-up!"

The blonde came out of his room with a glare and setting powder all over his face and shirt, "you wouldn't dare!"

"Then please get rid of these packages," Mingyu repeated entering the kitchen, "I don't want to trip over them again." Pouting, the younger starting to pick up all the boxes and moved them into his room, they were most likely PR of make-up that companies sent him. Speaking of make-up, he hit 50,000 subscribers on YouTube. Seungkwan was so stunned at how he even got that far, although, he thoroughly enjoyed making videos and trying out new products. However, the products that he didn't like, he gave to his sisters because they constantly begged for new makeup (and he had to make them stop complaining somehow). He moved all the boxes into his room, arranging them so they wouldn't make his room look messy or wouldn't be in the way. He put one of the small packages on his bed and examined it, wondering what it could be; he grabbed the scissors off his table and opened the package. Inside was a little, cute bottle. "Huh," he whispers as he took it out of the box and examined it closely. He found out that it was a new primer so he put it in another box that was full of new stuff that he needed to try out. While sorting through makeup, Mingyu came into his room and watched him silently, Seungkwan was so into organizing, he didn't even notice the older boy watching him.

"Have you talked to Hansol at all?" the tall male sat down on the blonde's bed, watching the younger's face slightly brighten up, yet also sadden.

"No," he automatically replied, "we haven't spoken in a while. It feels awkward now that we've made out and that he really likes me-"

Mingyu interrupts, "Seungkwan, he cares about you so much. He wants to be the perfect boyfriend, he just wants to hold you when you're sad or frightened. He's loyal Boo, believe me, he can't imagine him cheating on another boy."

Signing, Seungkwan continued organizing his makeup, "Mingyu, you don't understand how much of a trust issue I have with guys these days. I've.." he paused, wanting to collect himself before he burst out bawling in front of his best friend. "I've never experienced love before, I don't know what it feels like."

Entering the blonde's room, Mingyu smiles and sits next to the younger on his bed, casting him a sweet, friendly look, "when you're in love it's sweet like candy, you feel like you're flying; you feel all sorts of amazing things. You get to smile all day, the world all of a sudden becomes beautiful, and your heart sometimes just wants to burst from your chest." Rustling the smaller boys hair, he reaches towards Seungkwan's hand and holds it tight, trying to squeeze all the bad energy out of it and only bring back positive vibes. "Seungkwan, you're going to fall in love one day, and trust me, you don't need to be scared or hesitant."

 

 

---

 

 

It was a regular Tuesday, Seungkwan was organizing new makeup that had arrived the other day and needed to set it up on display so people could buy it. The other employees were helping out customers or on lunch break, but Seungkwan really enjoyed organizing, it kept him busy and occupied. Humming Lana Del Rey, the blonde was putting lipsticks away, examining them and admiring, secretly wanting to steal them and swatch them on his hand. A small girl peeked her head out of nowhere and examined what Seungkwan was doing, the blonde noticed her and cast her a smile, "you're Hansol's sister, aren't you?" He continued to organize makeup, there was just so much he needed to put away. "Did your brother not come with you today?" Seungkwan didn't know why he asked that. He was tired and didn't know what time it was, he stayed up a little bit longer than he should have last night, homework and all.

"Hansol's busy today," she says with a mischievous smile "but I decided to come down here and see how you were."

"Well, that's very nice of you," the blonde replied setting a now empty cardboard box down and looking directly at the young girl "is there anything that you are looking for? We got so much new makeup in the past week."

Humming, the girl's mischievous smile turned into a smirk, "so what do you think about my brother? I'm just curious, yanno?"

The blonde chuckles, "I get it. You want us together like every teenage girl who doesn't have a love life."

"He's told me so much about you!" the girl beams, "you're the perfect match for him. Hansol is obsessed with you. In this past week, I've found him watching your videos every time I peek in his room."

"You're bluffing," Seungkwan retorts sassily "look, kid, you're too young to understand what love is, okay? Let the adults work out their feelings themselves."

"You two have worked out your feelings!" she exclaims, "you just haven't realized it yet."

"You're getting on my nerves, can you just buy some makeup and go?" he grabbed a pair of scissors and began to unpack the next box of makeup. Seungkwan was obviously blushing, he just didn't want to admit it. He was also too scared to admit that his feelings were still undecided, but no one needed to know that right? After continuing to talk with Hansol's sister, he finds out her name is Sophia and she's very close with her brother, the two were so relatable and bonded well. When he got home, the boy had more boxes waiting for him at the door, sighing, he picked all of them up and moved them into his room. At this point, 1/4 of his room was filled with packages and he didn't know what to do. He only had time to do Instagram videos at this point and only took one day of the week to film and edit a YouTube video. He didn't just want to do reviews on new makeup. Wait. He had an idea. Grabbing his phone, the younger slid into the 'booseoksoon' group chat and sent the following message:

 

[ boo ]
okay hoes i have a proposal for you:
do my makeup in my next youtube video

 

[ seok ]
i wanna make you bootiful!! :D

 

[ soon ]
he's already beautiful!!!
we'll make him look extra pretty

 

[ seok ]
lets try and give him a look that screams he wants to

 

[ boo ]
okay nevermind then.

 

 

Tomorrow, the three had only one class and that was at noon and then it ended at 1:30 that afternoon, so the trio had plenty of time after that to film. He was subtly scared but he had seen plenty of videos where YouTubers got their makeup done by their friends so he should know what he was expecting, right? (those two better not destroy his makeup). Packing up his makeup bag that morning, Seungkwan got all his school work together and double checked to see that he had finished everything. He liked to stay on top of his work, as much as he hated most of it, it made him look good and he didn't like having bad grades. He finally left his apartment and headed towards one of the lecture halls for class; he met up with Wonwoo on the way, who was heading to economics. They quickly said hi but then right away had to enter each other's classrooms for a lecture. Shortly after Boo had arrived, his other two friends had finally arrived and plopped a seat next to him, they exchanged notes that they didn't have before class started. "Ready for this afternoon?" Soonyoung had asked eyeing his friend weirdly.

"If one of you destroy any of my makeup, I will personally burn you and make you buy me that item again," Seungkwan rejoined with an attitude.

"W-we promise not to destroy your makeup, 'Kwannie," Seokmin replied nervously. Secretly he was scared. He has seen Seungkwan angry and it isn't beautiful (you don't wanna know, trust me). The class began and the trio began taking notes, it was mainly Seungkwan because Seokmin was slacking off and Soonyoung already fell asleep. Wow, how lazy are they? During the entire lecture, Seungkwan kept thinking back to what Hansol's sister said, "you two have worked out your feelings!" and "you just haven't realized it yet." It made him think. Did he love Hansol? He still wasn't sure. When he kissed Hansol that night, his mind was in a different place, he wanted something but he also just wanted nothing. His heart screamed "let him have your way with you!" but his conscience screamed back "stay pure! Don't do anything you'll regret." As much as he wanted to let his heart win this battle, he had to accept the truth and let his conscience take over. Throughout the entire lesson, Seungkwan felt like he had thought about Hansol the entire time, his conscience and heart were arguing again, it's like they had to constantly fight.

 

"The heart wants what the heart wants!"

"Shut up, you don't know what you want!"

"At least I'm the reason Seungkwan got through high school,"

 

"Could you two shut up!" Seungkwan's brain intervened, they were sadly the witness who had to go through this bull all the time. When Seungkwan's brain yelled at his heart and conscience, the lecture had been over and everyone was starting to leave the room. "Seungkwan, are you alright?" Soonyoung asked as the trio left the classroom.

"Yeah, you seemed to be zoning out," Seokmin added, "are you alright, Boo?"

Shrugging, he was unsure how he felt. Seungkwan didn't want to tell his best friends about his boy situation but at the same time he did, Seokmin and Soonyoung had always been there for Seungkwan. "If I tell you this, will you keep it a secret?"

The two boys nod silently.

"You remember Hansol, right? Well...I don't know if I have feelings for him," the blonde says "it feels like my heart and conscience are bickering with each other to figure out who's right and wrong."

"What does your heart want, then?" Seokmin asked.

"My heart wants him. It wants Hansol," the blonde whispers out. The trio, by then, was already walking along the pavement outside; leaving the lecture hall to head towards Jeonghan's place to film the next video "but my conscience doesn't want him. What should I do?" Seokmin and Soonyoung walked and thought in silence, Seungkwan was needy for an answer; by then they had all arrived at Jeonghan's house. "Guys, you've been silent for a while," the blonde said. He took out the keys from his wallet and unlocked the house, Jeonghan gave Seungkwan a key to their house just in case of emergency and if he wanted to come in and film. They entered the nice house and put their school bags on the couch that was near the door and headed towards the kitchen so they could get a snack and drink. "So?" the blonde repeated himself to make sure his friends got the message.

"I was thinking," Seokmin sat down at the counter and glanced towards Soonyoung, "it sounds to me that you like him."

"Same," Soonyoung agreed, "I think you like him, Seungkwan. Whether you like it or not, you like him."

Seungkwan looks at his friends and gives them an uneasy glance, "but I don't know if I like him guys...I told you, my feelings are mixed up."

"Well maybe there's going to be a sign," Seokmin cast a bright smile towards his younger friend, "let's do your makeup now?"

Bringing his friends into the studio, they admired how beautiful and organized it was, Soonyoung was mainly admiring the foundation shades and how pretty they looked. Setting the camera up, Seungkwan had his friends sit at the table and wait until he was ready, "Seokmin, stop touching my brushes or I will beat you" he retorted towards his friend as he headed towards his seat that was in between his two friends and gave Seokmin a little glare before he scooted closer to the table and quickly organized his makeup.

"Is the camera rolling?" Soonyoung asked as he looked around the room.

"Yes, it is," Seungkwan replied, "okay, please don't mess up my makeup."

"No promises,"

Starting out with his intro, Seungkwan introduced his friends and told the camera that they've been with him since the beginning and barely know anything about makeup. Soonyoung wanted to put foundation on Seungkwan's skin right away, the blonde was trying to protest but his friends were doing his makeup, not him. Although Soonyoung applied a darker foundation shade onto his friends face, the blonde was not impressed. The foundation was blended out unevenly, Seungkwan's face looked cakey and odd. Seokmin applied concealer and he tried his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter