first dates and soda ♡

Makeup and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(time that has passed has been around a month)

It was a beautiful afternoon at the store today, Seungkwan barely had any time to talk to his friends because the store was so busy (but thank God he wasn't working the register this time). He helped organize new displays and people looking for a certain product, so at least he was able to look at new makeup that he really wanted to try out. It was around four o clock when all the traffic started to die down and the store started to get quiet. Exhausted, Seungkwan and Jiyoung chatted for a while, spilling tea and all, "then she told Jiyoon to off- no one talks to my best friend like that!" the shorter girl exasperated.

"Mnh," Seungkwan shook his head as he took a sip of his green tea (that he got from Starbucks), "I'd call her out, if a hurts your best friend then they deserve to die."

"I warned Jiyoon in the first place," the short blonde said, "I told her "Jiyoon, don't go hanging out with edgy college students who smoke weed in their free time-" but does she listen to me? No!" the two sigh and raise their plastic Starbucks cups to all the unnecessary drama.

Seungkwan looks around the store, noticing that there were only around five to six people in the store and he swore he saw Hansol and his sister sneak in earlier while they were busy. Maybe he was hallucinating.

Jiyoung nudges his side with a grin, "sooooo, how's your boy toy?" she takes a sip from her drink and gives Seungkwan a look.

The boy blushes and looks away embarrassed, "h-he's not my boy toy, Jiyoung- and besides we're only flirting with each other."

She hums pressing him on, "exactly, you should go on a date with him-"

"A date?! Are you serious? I haven't been with a boy since middle school- and by the way that ended really bad," Seungkwan retorted, "I don't really trust boys.."

"But you should put yourself out there," Jiyoung says with a bright smile, "look, you're cute and have a great figure, I don't understand what a guy wouldn't see in you."

"Your friend is right," a voice said causing the two to turn their head and see Hansol grinning. He was dressed like he was boyfriend material ready to take over the world. He approaches the two and gives them both a soft smile, “hey boo.” Jiyoung smirks at Seungkwan and slips away so she can give the two some free time.

“Hey..” Seungkwan mutters awkwardly giving Hansol a weird smile, “so, uh, how have you been lately?”

The raven-haired boy shrugs and shoves his hands in the pocket of his jacket, “I’m okay, I’d be better if I saw you more often.” he winks making Seungkwan blush bright red.

“I’m not that interesting..” the blonde whispered trying to hide his blush, “what brings you here today?”

“My sister wanted to come in again,” Hansol says, “but I think she really just wanted to see you” he chuckles and smiles again at Seungkwan, he can feel his heart beating very quickly in his chest. “But, I actually came here for a reason..”

Seungkwan takes a sip of his tea and looks at Hansol, “yeah? And what would that be?”

“I wanted to know if you maybe wanted to, like, go on a date..” Hansol’s face was bright red and his heart was beating fast in his chest but he was able to contain himself. Seungkwan turned red as well, a boy was asking him out on a date, which, need I remind you, he hasn’t been on one of those in a thousand years. The last date he went on, the date called him ugly and Seungkwan started crying but luckily Seokmin and Soonyoung were there to shoo the guy away and comfort their heartbroken friend.

 

“Come on, Kwannie! I can paint your nails and Soonyoung can give you a shoulder massage!” Seokmin held his crying friend close to his chest as the trio sat on the couch, “what can your hyungs do for you?”

Seungkwan kept crying and ignored his friends.

“What if we go hamburgers?” Soonyoung said with a bright smile on his face, “we’ll let you get as many french fries as you want!”

That made the blonde peek his head up from Seokmin’s, makeup and tear stained shirt, “c-can we get hamburgers?”

The others nod, “of course! We can get it from that place you really like.”

“O-Okay,” Seungkwan sniffled as he wiping a few of his tears, “look at me..I look horrible, all my makeup is fading and I’ve been crying for the past half-hour..” he snorted and wiped his nose.

Soonyoung shook his head and wrapped his arms around the younger boy, “no no no! You look stunning!” he squeezes Seungkwan and keeps a smile plastered on his face, “how about you make one of us pretty? You can do our makeup!”

“Y-You’d really let me do that to you?” Seungkwan sniffled again and looked at Soonyoung.

The older boy nods, “yeah! I wanna look pretty like you, Kwannie!”

So, they ordered hamburgers and fries for dinner (it was Seungkwan’s second dinner technically) and Seungkwan did Soonyoung’s makeup. While working, he demands to be fed a fry so he could focus on his masterpiece, it took him around an hour to do Soonyoung’s entire face and eye makeup, but it was worth it because it made him feel better. He pulled his mirror out and placed it in front of Soonyoung to show him the final product.

“Woah..” the boy gasps taking a hold of the mirror to examine himself more, “how did you make me look so pretty??”

Seungkwan blushed with embarrassment and he realized that he needs his friends more than a date.

 

“Seungkwan?” Hansol knocks the blonde out his trance and he looks at the boy confusedly, “are you okay?”

“Are you lying to me?” the blonde hugs himself and give Hansol a suspicious look, “last time I was asked out they said it was a joke and they would never really go out with me..”

Hansol shook his head, “no no! I’m being serious here,” he says nervously, “when are you available this week? How about Friday at six?”

Blinking, the blonde takes out his phone and checks his schedule for the rest of the week and he finds that he is mostly free, “uhm, I have a shift to work on Friday that goes till six but I can ask to leave early.”

“Hansol!” the younger girl runs up to the two and wraps her arms around her older brother, “I’m ready to go, how about you?” she winks at him.

Blushing, the raven-haired boy looks away from his sisters gaze, “y-yeah I’m ready to go,” he looks at Seungkwan and smiles at him before getting dragged away to the checkout. Jiyoung sneaks up on Seungkwan and she pokes his side with a grin.

“So?” she crosses arms over her chest, “how’d it go?”

“Uhm, I think I have a date?” Seungkwan blushes and continues to look at Hansol who was checking out with his sister.

“A DATE?!” she screams and the blonde covers , “I’m sorry..but you have a date with that cutie??”

The blonde nods nervously, “y-yeah, what do I do? I haven’t been on a date in years!”

“Don’t worry, I will make sure that your first date will go well,” she says to him, “when is it anyway?”

Seungkwan pulls out his phone to double check the time, “Friday at six,” he says putting his phone away in his pocket.

“Okay strap on in, because Jiyoung is going to give a lesson in dating 101!”

Friday couldn’t come any sooner, could it? Seungkwan had to drag himself to all his classes on Thursday, how could he wait until Friday? But, during class he would text with Hansol from time to time, sending him cute messages to threatening ones (they weren’t that threatening but Seungkwan said he would hit Hansol if he said the same thing again). Surprisingly, Seungkwan wouldn’t get caught. At lunch, Seokmin and Soonyoung wondered why their friend was in such a rushed mood when they approached him at the table, Seokmin decided to ask first, “so why have you been super rushed today? Did something happen?”

Seungkwan puts his phone down and takes a big bite out of his hamburger; he waits until he has finished chewing to talk, “uhm so,” he swallows his food and then takes a sip of his drink, “I have a date tomorrow and I’m freaking out.”

“With who?!” Soonyoung yells, sitting up from his seat and slamming his hands on the table. Everyone was looking at him.

Seungkwan looks down awkwardly, “the boy who flirted with me at the store..” he takes another sip of his drink, “Soonyoung could you please sit down please?”

“Yeah, sorry,” the blue-haired boy mumbles sitting back down across from Seokmin and Seungkwan. “So..when’s your date tomorrow?”

“Six,” the blonde says looking around the lunchroom, “I’m freaking out here, I don’t know what to do.”

Seokmin gave Seungkwan a reassuring pat on the back, “you’re amazing hyungs will help you out,” he grins and starts digging into his food. The blonde looked around the lunch room again and noticed Mingyu and Wonwoo walking in the court, a plate full of food.

“Hyungs!” he waves to the couple asking them to sit with him. They walk over to his table and sit right next to him, “what brings you two to lunch?”

“Wonwoo-hyung wouldn’t stop complaining,” Mingyu said taking a chip and fed it to his boyfriend, “so I decided to treat him.”

“That’s gay,” Seungkwan mumbles into his drink. Seokmin and Soonyoung chuckle.

“Yeah, says you,” Mingyu retorts and everyone starts laughing.

The blonde pouts and is about to come back with a real comment but he sees Hansol in line and about to check. “Hide me!” He screams ducking under the table. The whole table looks at him confusedly.

“Why?” Mingyu asks looking around before he notices Hansol in line and about to pay for his lunch, “I see..”

Wonwoo turns to lunch line and spots Hansol; he waves him over, “hey Hansol!” he calls out to the younger. The raven-haired boy hears his name being called from a table and he spots Wonwoo and Mingyu sitting together with a few other boys he recognized from class, so he walks over to them.

“Hey guys!” the boy sits down next to Mingyu and high fives his friends before he digs into his food. Seungkwan is still hiding under the table and he whispers to Seokmin, asking if Hansol was sitting across from him.

Seokmin raises his voice just to tease his best friend, “Yeah, Hansol is sitting across from you, ‘Kwannie.” Soonyoung starts to laugh.

“ you, Seokmin,” Seungkwan finally pops out from under the table and sends his friends glares before looking directly at Hansol and blushing brightly, “oh..hi Hansol. I didn’t see you there..”

“Hey,” the other boy gives the blonde wave before he started to eat his food and after that, the table was quiet because everyone was too embarrassed to talk. But, just to tease, Soonyoung wanted to tease his friend about the date with Hansol.

“So, I heard you were going on a date with my best friend,” he says giving Hansol a look from across the table, “please do tell everyone here.”

Hansol could tell that Seungkwan’s friend was just trying to tease, he was prepared, “I asked him yesterday if he wanted to go on a date with me,” he said to everyone, but he specifically looked at Seungkwan, “it’s going to be casual but if Seungkwan wants, it can be formal.”

“I-It doesn’t need to be formal,” the blonde whispered looking at his food, “Mingyu can also give you my address, w-we’re roommates anyway.” After that, there was awkward tension between Seungkwan and Hansol. The thing was, Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter