beginning ♡

Makeup and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungkwan woke up every morning at six-o-clock, he wanted to get an early start to the day by doing his makeup to hide all of his blemishes and impress the student body with his good looks. The first step in his routine was skincare, he cared about how hydrated his face was, the boy did not like his face oil or dry; he hated acne and tried to make an effort to never deal with it. Slumping into his bathroom, Seungkwan first wakes himself up by splashing cold water, from the faucet, in his face, then he pulls out a few bottles from the cabinet that were moisturizers and face creams. He examined his (beautiful) face in the mirror, deciding which moisturizer to use on his skin, "mnh, my skin is a little dry," he says to his reflection "and I have a few blackheads" after mumbling little nothings, he finally picked his skincare and spent the next five minutes on it. the blonde went on to do his dental hygiene and sprayed on a mix of deodorant and perfume before retreating back to his room. "now, what kind of look do I want to go for today?" he looked at himself in the large, circular mirror and the light that surrounded his reflection "let us go for a natural look" he started to pull out primer, foundation, concealer, a collection of powders, a palette, and a product to do his eyebrows (his brushes were already on the table). He started doing the second step in his routine: makeup, Seungkwan was all about it. makeup was an art form, it was his palette and he was the canvas, he wanted to express who he was with whatever he wanted and did not care what others thought. After placing down his two bases of primer and foundation, he moved on to his concealer so he could hide his dark circles, he placed them under his eye area and around places that he wanted to shine and lighten up a bit. Standing in his door frame, Mingyu observed the younger with a bit of curiosity but mostly wondering why he got up every morning just to do this when he could be sleeping in. "how the hell do you have time in the morning to do all that stuff?" he asks Seungkwan, his voice a little low and gruff because it was early in the morning.

"I just make time for it," the blonde says blending out the concealer around his eyes "you want me to do your makeup?-"

"No, I'm fine," Mingyu replies quickly and then yawned.

Seungkwan turned to his older roommate, finding him dressed in only black sweatpants and to be fair, he would be lying if he said Mingyu didn't have a nice body. His skin was tan, which was something Seungkwan wanted Mingyu to embrace about himself, his hyung didn't really have a lot of confidence in himself. Seungkwan made sure that all of that would turn around soon.

"By the way," the older boy says running his fingers through his raven hair "I have a date tonight, so I may not come home or if I do, it will be pretty late."

Nodding and ignoring the comment without a thought, Seungkwan continued doing his makeup, but after processing it in his brain, his eyes widened and he shot up from his seat, "With who?!" he practically yelled because his one of his (best) friends were going out for one of the first times in forever. Seungkwan also encouraged Mingyu to go out and meet people so he could overcome his nervousness and shyness.

Blushing, Mingyu had wished he never opened his stupid mouth, "i-it's no one you know.."

"That's impossible! I know everyone!" Seungkwan indeed knew everyone.

Giving into the younger, Mingyu spilled everything, "you know that tall, skinny boy in our math class? Barely talks and he's kinda mysterious?"

"You mean, Wonwoo-hyung?"

"Y-Yeah.."

Instead of screaming like a little girl who got roller skates for her birthday, Seungkwan goes up to Mingyu and gives him a loving hug, he was so proud he could cry (but he was wearing fifty dollar foundation). "I love you, hyung."

"Okay let go," pushing Seungkwan away from him, the tall boy blushed and left the room so he could make coffee and wake up some more.

"My hyung is growing up.." After reminiscing, he went back to his table to finish his makeup. After blending out his concealer, he set it with powder and moved on to his eye makeup; that was a sacred routine for him. He took out his first eye brush and dipped it into a light brown shadow, blending out over his lid before getting some darker shadows and blending that in as well. He got some orange-ish glitter and brushed it all over his lid to add a sparkly and pretty effect, Seungkwan loved glitter and sparkles, he wouldn't mind being showered with it any day. He added some eyeliner and mascara on his eye to finish the look before moving on to his other eye and then he finished the rest of his face with some bright highlight, light pink blush, and some subtle contour. Checking the time, Seungkwan noticed it was around six-forty so he decided to change into something cute that screamed: "I'm single but I will cut a ". He picked his favorite shirt that he got from Forever21 at the beginning of the school year and some basic, black leggings; to add something final to the look, he added a jean jacket and a black baseball cap with a little rose embroidered on it. Seungkwan felt pretty proud of how looked that morning, hopefully, his makeup would all stay in place (he made sure to spray on a lot of finishing spray). He picks up his phone that was charging on his bed and pulled up Instagram, this was not apart of his daily routine but he loved seeing what his friends were doing and he liked looking at other makeup artists so he could hopefully draw inspiration from them. He pulled up the camera and took a quick selfie of his makeup for the day, which also was not apart of his daily routine, but he loved sharing his makeup with the world. Seungkwan's Instagram was all about makeup, most of the time he posted pictures of his own makeup, but he also did tutorials and reviews. Lot's of people from all over the world, thought he was really talented and amazing at makeup, which was slightly surprising to him. For him, Seungkwan was always obsessed with makeup, he loved watching his mother put it on every morning and in seventh grade, he was fascinated with how she could go from one look to another in a matter of just a few minutes. When he home alone, he snuck into his mother's room, took all the makeup he could find, and went crazy in the locked bathroom. At first, he was terrible at makeup, his eyebrows would be uneven, his blush would sometimes be too dolly, and he stabbed himself in the eye a lot with eyeliner and mascara. But, after years of practice, he slowly started getting better. Then when Seungkwan came out to his family, he was only starting high school, but he was lucky he had two amazing older sisters and two parents who cared about him; Soonyoung and Seokmin were probably the greatest best friends someone could have. Having loving and accepting friends was one of the best things, that not all people could grow up with.

Moving back to the day, Seungkwan left his apartment at six-fifty, his class was at seven-ten so he had time to get a frappuccino and a croissant from Starbucks. He had only three classes today, two that morning and one later in the evening; Seungkwan also had work today, so he would have to leave a bit earlier than usual to make it to his class. After getting his make-do breakfast, the blonde walked into his history class where snuck a spot next to Soonyoung and Seokmin, which as mentioned before, were his best friends since elementary school. "Morning~" he hummed to the two tall boys.

Gasping, Seokmin looked at Seungkwan, "oh my! If it isn't Boo Seungkwan!"

"Looking as stunning as usual!" Soonyoung butts in. Seungkwan can't help but cheekily grin as he took a sip of his frappucino. The three all chuckle in unison and Soonyoung and Seokmin compliment Seungkwan's makeup.

"I brought you two breakfast," the blonde says pulling out two little paper bags out of his bookbag and handed them to his friends.

"Thank you!" Seokmin praises the younger boy and automatically starts to dig into his butter croissant "you're like a God!"

"Can we make a petition to make Seungkwan the mother of our group now?" Soonyoung said, his mouthful of food.

"I've always been the mother of the group," the blonde sassily retorts "but if it's official now, you can't change your decision."

Seokmin leans in close to Seungkwan, whispering something to him, "not to alarm you, but there's a boy looking at you across the room." Seungkwan goes to peek around Seokmin to see who was looking at him, but the older boy stopped him "no- don't look-" the blonde stops himself and quickly grabs his frappucino to act like he was originally reaching for it.

"Who is he?" the younger asks.

"I recognize him from somewhere," the brunette muttered, "I think he's in one of my music classes."

"If he's trouble act like my boyfriend when we leave the class," nodding and sipping from his frappucino, Seungkwan starts to pull out his notes to prepare for class. When the professor arrives, all the students go quiet and listen to what he has to teach; every once in a while, Seokmin or Soonyoung would ask to see Seungwan's notes because they missed something (or because they like seeing his organized notes). Seungkwan was very organized, he could not focus if his notes were all messy and untidy, he had a system with his notes. He made sure he was color-coordinated, neat, and even; if it wasn't like that, he couldn't study well. When the lesson was over, all the students started to pack up and slowly leave the classroom, Seungkwan, and his group got their stuff together. "What about that guy? Did he look at me during the lesson?" the blonde whispered to Seokmin.

"Not really," the brunette said, "but he did gl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter