Stay By My Side

House Of Cards

Namjoon felt a soft hand caressing his back "Wake up, Namjoon" his eyes opened, abruplty remembering where he was. He rubbed his eyes looking at Jin, who seemed like he hadn't enough sleep "Good morning" greeted the older, Namjoon only nodded in response "Do we have any news?". The older shook his head, pointing at his mother's room "I only saw the doctor leaving the room", the taller got up, walking around, stretching.

Not after long, the doctor came and said "Kim Namjoon?", the person got closer to the doctor, while Jin stood up. The old man nodded, fixing his glasses "So, your mother got out of any danger, luckily. But she needs to come here two times a week for examination for a small period and she need to take the medicines that I'll write now, alright?!". Namjoon rubbed his face, not being able to hide his wide smile of happiness. On the other hand, Jin's eyes got watery, he once felt proud of himself.

The doctor allowed them to see the mother, Namjoon passed his arm around Jin's wide shoulders "Let's go" said in a soft tone. Jin was utterly surprised. It was the first time Namjoon spoke to him in such a tone, touch him in a good way and smile to him normally. He let the younger lead him in the room. The mother was in a sitting position, her back on the soft bed post, she looked exhausted and pale, but still a weak smile appeared on her face when she saw the two boys.

Namjoon caressed her face "How are you feeling, mum?", the older woman leaned her face in the touch "Exhausted, but still better than before" now she smiled, showing her teeth. The woman turned to Jin "Did you stay here and wait for me?", the boy smiled, slightly puffing his cheeks and nodded. Namjoon was looking at him with a small smirk, making Jin blush and look down. The two family members laughed because of Jin's cute reaction. Then, the mother said "In 2 hours I'll be able to leave the hospital. Jin will come to eat with us?", Jin shrugged, looking at the youngest insecurely, but Namjoon just nodded. Jin slightly bit his lower lip, thinking for a moment, but nodded "I'll come", the other two smiled widely.

Soon, all three of them headed home with Jin's car. They sat in the kitchen, the mother said "Ah, Namjoon cook something. Please don't destroy anything", her son nodded and started taking out the ingredients. He started cutting the onion, moving the knife back and forth, cutting it obviously wrong. Jin's eyes fell on the mother who was ready to burst out laughing. The older from the two boys stood up "Hey! Why are you cutting the onion like this?!" with that he took Namjoon's hand, showing him how to cut it properly. Jin noticed that the younger was trembling, catching his attention "Let it. I'll cook" Namjoon listened to him and sat down.

It didn't take long for Jin to finish cooking. He first put food to the mother, then to Namjoon. They all sat together eating. It was really good, the mother looked at the boy and said in surprise "You cook better than me", Jin smiled shyly looking down, while the son nodded "You both cook so good, really", he raised his head to look at the two. His eyes widened when he saw both of the other two looking at him intensely, making him feel awkward. That moment the other two burst out in laughing, obviously teasing Namjoon. 

As they finished eating, Jin washed the dishes, even though the mother said it's not necessary. It was already around 22:00, Jin took his coat, bowing to the mother "It's time to go. Wish you feel better soon" with that the mother hugged him tightly, kissing his head "Take care, my angel. Come to see sometimes", Jin nodded and said "Of course and whatever you need tell me" with that he handed her a paper with his number.

The boy nodded to Namjoon, heading out. The mother almost screamed to her son "Take him out, Namjoon. Don't be rude, sweetheart" the taller boy nodded, listening to her. He headed out with Jin, the older ignored him unlocking his door. Before he could get in the younger said hesitantly "Jin...ehm...thank you for what you did", the older still nodded in response, still Namjoon spoke again scratching the back of his head "Sorry for everything.I was totally wrong about you". Jin stared at him for a moment.

He locked his car, walking towards Namjoon quickly. As he got close to him, he slapped him hard on the face, making the younger stumble back. His eyes teary, his voice cracking "You jackass! You don't deserve my forgiveness!" he exhaled trying to calm down "But alright...I just can't hate you...I really....I feel...ahm nothing. Good night" Jin quickly went back to his car. Namjoon walked towards him, pressing on the door before could Jin open it "How can I make it up to you?", he heard a chuckle from Jin. The other turned to look at him straight in the eyes "How? How Namjoon?", the taller passed his tongue on his lips, looking on the side. He turned to look at him again "I know what I did was heavy. Maybe I don't deserve your forgiveness, but Jin I mean it. I'm really sorry. I wish I could make it up to you".

Jin nodded "Alright. You can't take time back and nothing can change now. You bastard! Uff alright. Take me out on a date", Namjoon's eyes slightly widened. He nodded and said "Whenever you want", Jin nodded and said "Tomorrow. I'll let you choose the place, but choose something that I will like". Namjoon frowned his eyebrows "What places do you like?", Jin shrugged "That's up to you" with that he got in his car, leaving Namjoon behind him.

Namjoon got in the house, noticing the mother was sitting on the armchair looking out of the window next to her "I don't know what you did to the boy, but you really hurt him. Make it up to him" her gaze fell on him, The tall boy nodded "Yes. I'll do my best" he looked determined. The mother nodded in approval.

Namjoon will tell her one day who Jin exactly is. He knows this thema still makes her sensitive, but she needs to know. Either way, Jin is not like his father. Jin is different even from what he expected.